Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:21 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OMG Vegas' car ate a squirrel!

Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTFSquirrel?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 05:03 PM

Yo guys what up.. need some info.. want to by some gauges and it is between the defi's or stri... what do ya think ? anyone see the stri gauges in person ? last question how is the color match to the factory cluster, either gauge ?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 05:21 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i like the STRI and Prosports. Both are decent.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by avengerhed
So I had an interesting ride home...

I've always worried that when I redline the first 3 gears getting onto a highway I might be doing it right in front of a police officer.

Tonite, my fears were realized...I left my parking lot and saw that traffic was moving up on me quickly so I laid pedal to metal as I "merged."

The officer who pulled me over was justifiably very upset with me. After convincing me with his tone and body language that I was getting at least one ticket, I was relieved when he returned with a warning.

I do so rarely drive like a jackass, so I am very grateful that he didn't throw the book at me...next time, he said, would be a different story.

He also told me to remove the tint or "next time I'll write you up for the full 500."

*sigh*... i dunno if i should do it myself (removal), or pay to have it taken off and redone legally... we shall see...right now I'm still a little shaken up, even contemplating ditching the car....

anyone around tonite for some video games?
It's happened to me too Dave...WOT thru 3rd getting onto the highway, and who's sitting the middle lane behind me but a Statie

He gave me the same spiel you got and got off with a warning.

The thing is, with a car like this, driving like a jackass is the only fun - driving it like a grandma and living with the creaks/rattles/noise/harsh ride/turbo lag, etc make no sense.

I've thought about parting out and selling towards a used E46 M3 many times - almost took a test drive this past weekend
Old Mar 10, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
It's happened to me too Dave...WOT thru 3rd getting onto the highway, and who's sitting the middle lane behind me but a Statie

He gave me the same spiel you got and got off with a warning.

The thing is, with a car like this, driving like a jackass is the only fun - driving it like a grandma and living with the creaks/rattles/noise/harsh ride/turbo lag, etc make no sense.

I've thought about parting out and selling towards a used E46 M3 many times - almost took a test drive this past weekend
You make an excellent point... one of my coworkers was complaining about the bouncy ride and noisy gearbox today at lunch and asked "why is it that you drive this thing?" I explained that, if you like driving, it's nearly impossible to find something better and more fun for $30k.

We left work together and I had the opportunity to remind myself why i drive it...just picked the wrong moment.

Sometimes I think it's really retarded to daily drive this thing....other times I couldnt imagine trading it for anything short of a 911....

I'll give some thought to parting it out, it's been in my mind for months and I'm just wondering if I've grown out of the car...i have so little patience for the egregious lack of fit and finish and sometimes i feel that, with 60k on the odometer, it's becoming a ticking time bomb....

oh well, the tint's off so that shouldnt be a problem anymore...the garment steamer worked wonders....i think i'm gonna zone out and play some NHL now...
Old Mar 10, 2008, 07:41 PM

You make an excellent point... one of my coworkers was complaining about the bouncy ride and noisy gearbox today at lunch and asked "why is it that you drive this thing?" I explained that, if you like driving, it's nearly impossible to find something better and more fun for $30k.

We left work together and I had the opportunity to remind myself why i drive it...just picked the wrong moment.

Sometimes I think it's really retarded to daily drive this thing....other times I couldnt imagine trading it for anything short of a 911....

I'll give some thought to parting it out, it's been in my mind for months and I'm just wondering if I've grown out of the car...i have so little patience for the egregious lack of fit and finish and sometimes i feel that, with 60k on the odometer, it's becoming a ticking time bomb....

oh well, the tint's off so that shouldnt be a problem anymore...the garment steamer worked wonders....i think i'm gonna zone out and play some NHL now...
you should get call of duty 4 if you haven't gotten it already, that game is the ****
Old Mar 10, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mysteryvo
you should get call of duty 4 if you haven't gotten it already, that game is the ****

My buddy just told me the same thing...i suck at first person shooters tho.... what do you think about Army of Two?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 08:34 PM

My buddy just told me the same thing...i suck at first person shooters tho.... what do you think about Army of Two?
it looks pretty good, but to be honest i haven't been able to pull myself away from COD4 since i bought it. i still have like 7 games that are in the plastic that i haven't even opened because i play this game online so much.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Tentative Meeting Spot for Sunday:

I was thinking of the Rest Area/NH State Liquor Store in Hooksett just after the toll booths on 93 North. I can meet you guys there if this helps. And it would be a good regroup place due to the tolls. Need a time as well, when you guys will be expecting to be there. Let me know if this is kosher with you guys.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Tentative Meeting Spot for Sunday:

I was thinking of the Rest Area/NH State Liquor Store in Hooksett just after the toll booths on 93 North. I can meet you guys there if this helps. And it would be a good regroup place due to the tolls. Need a time as well, when you guys will be expecting to be there. Let me know if this is kosher with you guys.
Good call, that should be a reasonable spot.

Also, PaulR, can you update the thread for this week's meeting location:

Wednesday, Bugaboo Creek, Framingham.

We've gotta talk, man, that girl I was telling you about is quite interested in hearing some more about you...hit me up, buddy.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

I was relieved when he returned with a warning.
Thank god man!

I've had a few close calls in the past few days myself. Luckily I haven't been pulled over, but there have been several times where I've gone by a cop at a speed where he could have pulled me over, or I was about to gun it and luckily something made me not...

EDIT: sunday night... i was driving back from RI... cruising, decided to drop to 4th and rip it... who is directly in front of me? cop. luckily i saw him way before he saw me and slowed down. then 15 mins later i passed a cop who luckily didn't want to pull me over for doing 60/65ish in a 50 (i think).

Originally Posted by dexmix
i hate staties with a passion.
+1

Originally Posted by anjapower
Hot. A lot of Evo guys seem to go this upgrade route.

Last edited by Paulnsx; Mar 11, 2008 at 06:08 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
Thank god man!

I've had a few close calls in the past few days myself. Luckily I haven't been pulled over, but there have been several times where I've gone by a cop at a speed where he could have pulled me over, or I was about to gun it and luckily something made me not...

+1

I know, man, I am so thankful...I dunno why he cut me a break but I really appreciate it. And, I'll stop driving like a dinghole.

on another note, we will probably go drive two M3 Convertibles this weekend....
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

We've gotta talk, man, that girl I was telling you about is quite interested in hearing some more about you...hit me up, buddy.
game on buddy

updating the main thread now...
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen bro.

Part of me wants to keep modding the **** out of it, the other part says - you already lost your license 3 times and you hate daily driving it, stop being a moron.

I've even been eyeing the new 4 door Si's.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread