Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2007, 03:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let me know when you are installing it marshall. I am always up for lending a hand.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dex, those are the Mitsu OEM "accessory" scuff plates. Looks like whatever body shop you went to, and whatever dealership they used for parts, ordered the wrong ones.

But cool score for you
Old Sep 8, 2007, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in worcester with my OZ rally this weekend. Spotted a blue evo out and about. Passed it real quick so I didnt see much.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by dexmix
i've got the car back as of last night, so i'm pumped.
That is awesome Dex! Congrats!

Originally Posted by dexmix
when are you doing the o2 housing? i need to do the same, i wanted to watch.
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Let me know when you are installing it marshall. I am always up for lending a hand.
Well I guess we can make some kind of a garage day out of it...

I am pretty busy this weekend, maybe the weekend after? Really shouldn't be that bad. Remove splash shields, remove downpipe, remove heat shield, remove front O2, unbolt housing. Then re-install everything!
Old Sep 9, 2007, 06:59 AM

Here you go

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Hey guys. I am getting a WBO2 and need a super place to put the gauge. Any ideas on mounting a single gauge? A-pillar is not an option. I already have a triple pod where the radio was. Dave, what do you have for a steering wheel mount? It needs to be clean, that is the most importanist.

¡Muchas gracias amigos!

Edit: Just realized how random this post reads...ADD much?
Old Sep 9, 2007, 08:57 AM

wow thats awsome spot
Old Sep 9, 2007, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
in worcester with my OZ rally this weekend. Spotted a blue evo out and about. Passed it real quick so I didnt see much.
i saw you driving back on 495 this afternoon...
Old Sep 9, 2007, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Hey guys. I am getting a WBO2 and need a super place to put the gauge. Any ideas on mounting a single gauge? A-pillar is not an option. I already have a triple pod where the radio was. Dave, what do you have for a steering wheel mount? It needs to be clean, that is the most importanist.

¡Muchas gracias amigos!

Edit: Just realized how random this post reads...ADD much?
I have an extra steering column mount. I think it's AEM or autometer? It's the bracket type and I chose to screw it down in two places to the column cover.

It looks like this:

The way I have it positioned I can see the gas gauge and warning light as well as most of the other warning lights in the "EVOLUTION" (or "LANCER" if you have the weakass stock meters) pod. Install was also super easy, running the wiring between the column and dash bezel and through the HVAC/Radio section into the center console. I then fished the wire to the middle of the carpet under the passenger seat. There's a stock plug in the floor there that dumps out right by the downpipe/cat flange. Took me a little over an hour.

As I said, I have an extra...my weekend may be free and I'll be installing nav...we can set up a garage day here, if you'd like.

Last edited by avengerhed; Sep 9, 2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by avengerhed
i saw you driving back on 495 this afternoon...
Nice. I didnt spot yah.

I wanna try to make a meet sometime. I have a place to stay in worcester any time I want. mabey soon.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by wz1999
Here you go

That is exactly what I originally wanted to do. I may still go that route. Just looking for other options. Thanks for that though
Old Sep 9, 2007, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by avengerhed
I have an extra steering column mount. I think it's AEM or autometer? It's the bracket type and I chose to screw it down in two places to the column cover.

It looks like this:

The way I have it positioned I can see the gas gauge and warning light as well as most of the other warning lights in the "EVOLUTION" (or "LANCER" if you have the weakass stock meters) pod. Install was also super easy, running the wiring between the column and dash bezel and through the HVAC/Radio section into the center console. I then fished the wire to the middle of the carpet under the passenger seat. There's a stock plug in the floor there that dumps out right by the downpipe/cat flange. Took me a little over an hour.

As I said, I have an extra...my weekend may be free and I'll be installing nav...we can set up a garage day here, if you'd like.
I think this is the next best option. And how you ran it is exactly how I ran the wiring for my WBO2 in my 2g. Garage day would be sweet, although as mentioned, this weekend is not looking too good... We shall see though!
Old Sep 9, 2007, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Kind of off topic, but being the group that partakes in this threas, you guys are the ones I BS with the most.

Anyway, just wanted to throw an update out there. I managed to be motivated enough this weekend to swap manifolds, BR upper ic pipe, BR mini battery kit, Greddy cooling plate (not too mention paint it), and the SMC kit, with help of course from my good buddy Jamie (Jack_of_Trades), and Brandon (Wlaters dad ). Also while we had the bumper off, again, decided to take off, and repaint the all the mesh on the front bumper. And since we went on a painting frenzy, decided to do the same to all the silver mesh pieces in my hood. Looks a hell of alot better.

So, in a nutshell, all I have left to do before leaving thurs night is finish putting the front bumper on, and a simple last minute boost leak test .

<end rambling>
Old Sep 9, 2007, 08:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spins4
Kind of off topic, but being the group that partakes in this threas, you guys are the ones I BS with the most.

Anyway, just wanted to throw an update out there. I managed to be motivated enough this weekend to swap manifolds, BR upper ic pipe, BR mini battery kit, Greddy cooling plate (not too mention paint it), and the SMC kit, with help of course from my good buddy Jamie (Jack_of_Trades), and Brandon (Wlaters dad ). Also while we had the bumper off, again, decided to take off, and repaint the all the mesh on the front bumper. And since we went on a painting frenzy, decided to do the same to all the silver mesh pieces in my hood. Looks a hell of alot better.

So, in a nutshell, all I have left to do before leaving thurs night is finish putting the front bumper on, and a simple last minute boost leak test .

<end rambling>
Be sure to show off that manifold
Old Sep 9, 2007, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tvieira24
Be sure to show off that manifold
As soon as I put the boost back to 21psi, my baseline run on the dyno will show any differences
Old Sep 10, 2007, 03:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spins4

<end rambling>
Sweet! It sounds like the whole package is coming together very nicely. Are you gonna be in NJ for the whole weekend?

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread