Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paulnsx
i could see myself doing a dp & hfc... *maybe* a catback that is really quiet but i like the idea of keeping that stock. im a little weary of touching anything up stream of the dp tho.

im also curious abuot going with an unoiled filter now.
Congratulations, you've got a few toes on the very slippery slope.....
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is really about controlling the slope and it is really hard with these cars since they have mounds of possible mods. I really see myself coming to the end of the slope, at least calming down. I think the tune will put me in a great place. Maybe in the future some more serious mods but for now i am pretty much set with dumping more and more money. A few smart mods will bring you a long way though.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

davids, do you have any of the other coheed cds? are they as equally awesome as IV?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:43 AM

REMINDER:
Wed. April 2nd 7:30pm Kelly's Roast Beef, Natick
Top of the hill next to Jordan's

So far we have around 15 cars saying they WILL be there and a lot more saying they might.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

davids, do you have any of the other coheed cds? are they as equally awesome as IV?
Nah, I wasn't psyched about III...it has "A favor house Atlantic" on it which is pretty roxors, and maybe 1 other song that I liked. But it took a little while for IV to grow on me, so maybe I should've given it more of a chance....but no, I don't have it... sorry

As for rocking out this week...I want to, badly! But, I've really got a lot of catch up to do on the bathroom and I think we're gonna go see another one of those hockey games tomorrow night (we went Sunday, too, and stayed for the whole thing).

I have a Bruins game Saturday, so I really need to capitalize on my free time this week. I may be up for hanging out Wednesday...prolly just staying home, though.

What's your schedule like this week? I kinda wanna rock out tonite but I know I shouldn't...
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Did you install your boost gauge yet Paulnsexr...???
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
It is really about controlling the slope and it is really hard with these cars since they have mounds of possible mods. I really see myself coming to the end of the slope, at least calming down. I think the tune will put me in a great place. Maybe in the future some more serious mods but for now i am pretty much set with dumping more and more money. A few smart mods will bring you a long way though.

Where you, and I, are at now is where it gets dangerous... too many more mods and you've gotta be dumping hot loot on upgraded clutches and more invasive mods that require taking apart the motor. It's a blessing and a curse that the Evo is so damn bolt-on friendly.

You figure on a IX:

Exhaust, Boost Control (MBC or ECU), filter/intake, and tune, and you're gonna be pushing over 330 to the wheels, probably spending near $1000...pretty insane!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Did you install your boost gauge yet Paulnsexr...???

Tim, I picked up those bleeders you wanted. Lemme knwo what you want me to do with them.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:59 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Where you, and I, are at now is where it gets dangerous... too many more mods and you've gotta be dumping hot loot on upgraded clutches and more invasive mods that require taking apart the motor. It's a blessing and a curse that the Evo is so damn bolt-on friendly.

You figure on a IX:

Exhaust, Boost Control (MBC or ECU), filter/intake, and tune, and you're gonna be pushing over 330 to the wheels, probably spending near $1000...pretty insane!
Exactly, cant say that about too many cars.

My next eventual big investment will be in a clutch so when the stocker goes i will be ready. I really want to do some top end stuff - port, springs, cams. I think there are a lot of nice gains to be hand from the top end.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Tim, I picked up those bleeders you wanted. Lemme knwo what you want me to do with them.
Not sure exactly when my next trip down there will be, but maybe I'll have Paul S pick them up if/when he see's you next. I think he can spot me It's $12 correct. Not sure if you are going to the tune day at DSG or working on the bathroom project you are tackling. If you go that day I can get them then, and pay you.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, they're $12. No rush on the $$$. Next time I see Paul, I will send them with him.

I won't be heading out too much for the next few weeks...I wanna get that bathroom taken care of.

It's now considerably more demolished than when I took this pic:

In fact, most of the floor is gone, all of the insulation is out, more of the ceiling is missing and all the plumbing was ripped out. I have finished the new plumbing, which is awesome, and I've gotta finish ripping down teh ceiling this week and wiring the lights/fan for the room. I also bought a sick overhead heater that needs some ducting and a dedicated circuit. Every chance I get, I go a little deeper in over my head!

Last edited by avengerhed; Mar 31, 2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

haha fish eye lens FTMFW
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:17 PM

I have II and III (which are first and second).
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

davids, weds is a no go for me. pretty much any other night is good for hanging out tho. let me know if you want to have a rock out/break stuff party maybe for every song we play we have to rip up 5 tiles?

didn't get to the gauge yet tim. soon tho!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

davids, weds is a no go for me. pretty much any other night is good for hanging out tho. let me know if you want to have a rock out/break stuff party maybe for every song we play we have to rip up 5 tiles?

didn't get to the gauge yet tim. soon tho!
You're supposed to try harder to convince me to hang out tonite.

Like I dunno... maybe we could rip up some ceiling together? Then rip up some "More than a feelin'"? Just a thought.

Marshall: Maybe I'll snap those up from you if you don't mind...I'll chk them out again. Also, i think I'll be down for taking a ride out to your dyno day. I'll happily snap pics for you. I don't think I'll put the car on the dyno, but you never know...

Hey, you know of any place that i can dispose of construction (read: destruction) waste? I think the town will take 1 carload/year but i still havent bought a dump sticker so i am not sure.

BTW: Anyone need a Kohler Neo-Angle toilet? It's almond and in decent condition...we went with the Devonshire.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread