Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
I'll be looking at it more closely tonight and tomorrow night...I am going to finish my mbc routing tonight, put the heavy spring in and dial it in a bit...and tomorrow night probably get the HFC in there so that by the weekend I should be all set...but we'll see..I also found a plug for the oil temp that I may be able to use so I'm going to mess with that a bit as well..
Nice. Where's the temp plug at?
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
waana go steal his whip?
Nah...he looks queer enough driving it with his mohawk. That's all I need
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Well supposedly 42nd has a drain plug adapter for oil temp, so I ordered that and I'll see how low it sits, if at all...i have the oil temp plug at my house...so I'm going to do that and retighten the oil pressure sensor connections after the oil is all out.. Maybe re-teflon stuff if I have to...then I see no real reason why it would continue to leak, besides a little run off at best, which there shouldn't be..
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

i'm pretty sure the stock MR oil temp sensor is in the drain plug. im not sure if you could adapt it to the defi gauge...
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Well supposedly 42nd has a drain plug adapter for oil temp, so I ordered that and I'll see how low it sits, if at all...i have the oil temp plug at my house...so I'm going to do that and retighten the oil pressure sensor connections after the oil is all out.. Maybe re-teflon stuff if I have to...then I see no real reason why it would continue to leak, besides a little run off at best, which there shouldn't be..

I'm bothered by the fact that it's leaking now...it just doesnt make sense. I mean, I would seriously doubt that you have a cracked sender...but we teflon-taped everything.... i am just very confused.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
i'm pretty sure the stock MR oil temp sensor is in the drain plug. im not sure if you could adapt it to the defi gauge...
Yeah, the Mitsu Gauge pack uses an oil plug with a sensor built in. I doubt you could use it for the defi, but I am sure it's similar.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Yea I mean, it's not terribly bad, after sitting for a while there may be a couple of drops of oil...but after driving and then looking under the car, I can see the oil/oil residue a bit on the sway bars and misc parts toward the middle of the car..I don't think it's a huge deal..and I guess I could plug the oil temp sensor in there if I cant figure it out, to really see if it's the oil pressure sensor..is there a possibility I over-tightened the connections? (ie, where the teflon tape runs out toward the head? Seems unlikely...but I don't know...and I wont til I drain the oil and unscrew the assembly..
Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Yea I mean, it's not terribly bad, after sitting for a while there may be a couple of drops of oil...but after driving and then looking under the car, I can see the oil/oil residue a bit on the sway bars and misc parts toward the middle of the car..I don't think it's a huge deal..and I guess I could plug the oil temp sensor in there if I cant figure it out, to really see if it's the oil pressure sensor..is there a possibility I over-tightened the connections? (ie, where the teflon tape runs out toward the head? Seems unlikely...but I don't know...and I wont til I drain the oil and unscrew the assembly..

I was wondering that... they are only brass fittings....I don't know if you can cause thread galling and stretch from over tightening. I just don't know...it's not a problem I have ever experienced. It seems like, if you're getting a spray, you have a significant leak...

I have your oil plug as well as one of your 42draft adapters...lemme know when you wanna snag them...
Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:45 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Paul and dave, one of the reasons i didnt end up using the 42 draft piece was that there is more change for leaks because you have a heavy sensor on a vibrating block. Relocating it with a braided line puts less if any stress on the connections which could break from the weight of the sensor. Marshall told me the same thing and i know SR20 guys have the same problem when they use brass connections directly to the block. I can tell you i did one layer of teflon on all the connections and no teflon on the AN connections and i have no leaks. I have been checking my oil level almost daily and no issues so far.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Turco where/how did you relocate it with a braided line to?
Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...oducts_id=1201
Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice find,
Just got back from South Carolina last night. I was at Furecia screening parts for the new X5 and X6 that my company makes. PS: Their seatbelt sensors are iffy.. we make them.. haha
Everyone is real nice down there, and I swear I was the ONLY asian person I saw there for the entire 4 days I was there.

PS: it was 76 degrees there!!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

SCORE!! Fuel pump is here. HIGH FIVE.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 04:14 PM

Yay for leaving work now!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 06:11 PM

Yay for getting ready to go into work now! :*( damn you 11x7

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread