Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mikie needs to tune my car first! I added some Boost Mods to my new map per mfred's thread on the forum. I havent had a chance to play with them but they seem a lot nicer then the current open loop setup. I am also planning on getting a JDM Map so we can setup the closed loop system and tune properly, i.e. tell ecu to control level of boost not load.

Dex, if you ever have a night I'd really like your help understanding some of these logs though. Not sure what all this load stuff correlates too. Mitsu ECU FTL....
Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh man, ECU logs= way over my head
Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Mikie needs to tune my car first! I added some Boost Mods to my new map per mfred's thread on the forum. I havent had a chance to play with them but they seem a lot nicer then the current open loop setup. I am also planning on getting a JDM Map so we can setup the closed loop system and tune properly, i.e. tell ecu to control level of boost not load.

Dex, if you ever have a night I'd really like your help understanding some of these logs though. Not sure what all this load stuff correlates too. Mitsu ECU FTL....
i'm really not sure what you need to know. are you using evoscan or mitsulogger? theres a few different Load's logged, but one of them most accurately depicts which loadcell is used for timing and fuel. there's a few threads on how to accurately calculate load, maybe if you do the 2-byte load rom-mod, you can get a really accurate load. I really like the boost mods from mrfred's thread, but i need a wideband - before i start doing any tuning/ or boost mods on my own.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by dexmix
i'm really not sure what you need to know. are you using evoscan or mitsulogger? theres a few different Load's logged, but one of them most accurately depicts which loadcell is used for timing and fuel. there's a few threads on how to accurately calculate load, maybe if you do the 2-byte load rom-mod, you can get a really accurate load. I really like the boost mods from mrfred's thread, but i need a wideband - before i start doing any tuning/ or boost mods on my own.
Mikie had all of the questions. He has never tuned based off load, always boost, so i think he just wanted to see if you could answer some of his questions before we went forward. He does have an extra wideband I am going to install one weekend once i get my gauges in so we can monitor boost, egt, and A/F to make sure everything is kosher. Anyway, we can talk more tonight, I cant wait to see the car!
Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
dex we need to have some words tonight

im startin to learn about tuning, etc... i don't plan on tuning my car anytime soon but when i do give in and do it i wanna really understand what is going on!
Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

ah yea, 2nd that...can we just have a tuning tutorial one of these days!
Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Everyone should be required to buy a JDM MAP sensor and move to closed loop tuning.
"ECU, please run 24psi."
"Yes Michael."
Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Everyone should be required to buy a JDM MAP sensor and move to closed loop tuning.
"ECU, please run 24psi."
"Yes Michael."
hahahaha

i seriously just cracked up
Old Sep 12, 2007, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, you guys can pick my brain, but i'm really just a novice with tuning. I have spent a good amount of time in the ECUFlash forums and on Active Matrix, and i am obsessed with micro-controllers in general, so i'll try and pass on whatever knowledge i do have.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

im sure you know waaaaaaaaaaay more than i do!
Old Sep 12, 2007, 02:08 PM

i use blizzak lm 22... i drive around in the snow storm to laugh at the bmw's and my cousin's si. this winter im gonna take pictures of them being stuck....lol.

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
this is kinda random, but what do you guys run for winter tires? you prolly know i just picked up evo viii enkeis for this winter and i want to decide on the tires soon even though i'm probably not going to actually buy them for a couple months.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ nice man. i'm leanin towards the blizzaks.

great time as usual tonight boys!!! i think i actually got some good pics with my little camera haha. my battery died and i cant find the charger tho!!! but as soon as i do im postin that pic of paul lol
Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
^^^ nice man. i'm leanin towards the blizzaks.

great time as usual tonight boys!!! i think i actually got some good pics with my little camera haha. my battery died and i cant find the charger tho!!! but as soon as i do im postin that pic of paul lol
I've got some other great pics of Paul with his new friend, but I don't think we should post those. To gracefully show respect to them where they showed a lot of respect to us.

Of course, I'll be blowing up a poster sized one for my garage...but no public posting.

Last edited by avengerhed; Sep 13, 2007 at 04:18 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Here you go.

No time to work on them except one of greg's moving shots is a combined 50/50 from a dark and light shot.

Enjoy.

I have all hi-res. I'll burn a CD sometime soon with a bunch of pics and make copies for you guys.

Again, I think we should refrain from posting pictures of our last-minute guests. Just my $0.02

Last edited by avengerhed; Sep 12, 2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

awesome pics dave, I like these rolling shots a bit better than the last ones, cleaner...

I agree with refraining from posting pics of the guest, considering he actually knew about Evos! lol

And Paul, NO, you will not be posting that Pic, lol

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread