Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dexmix
DP, test pipe, and stock catback. i got the gaskets for test-pipe to stock mid-pipe, and stock mid-pipe to stock muffler.

so i still need one for down-pipe to test pipe. does the megan come with a 3" gasket? if so i should be covered with gaskets.

I do believe the Megan comes with gasket and hardware.

In either case, I can cover you there.

Good call on teh midpipe/muffler gasket and midpipe/testpipe gaskets...

with the stock catback, you will need to weld an O2 bung in your DP or weld a second in your testpipe.

It may be easier to plan on popping a second one in the test pipe...that way, if you want to get it done tonite, you can just rip the test pipe out and give it to greg at a later date...no trouble at all. the DP would be harder to pull.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...ries/13/1.html

someone needs an hd tv...

EDIT: gt5p in exactly 1 week!

Last edited by Paulnsx; Apr 10, 2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the megan DP comes with one gasket, i used it for the DP to cat. Dex i should be getting the bung welded in today. I dont see how they can drill with where i would put it if it was on the car.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

get the extra bund welded on the test pipe. much easier
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

oh wait, doesnt the megan have an extra bung? Marshall how did you set yours up?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
oh wait, doesnt the megan have an extra bung? Marshall how did you set yours up?
My Megan TP came with 2 bungs, one for the rear O2 and one for the WBO2 If you put it on right, you can easily have the WBO2 at the correct angle and still have the stock O2 be installed (with defouler installed).
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:48 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Or you can just shut off the rear o2
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
My Megan TP came with 2 bungs, one for the rear O2 and one for the WBO2 If you put it on right, you can easily have the WBO2 at the correct angle and still have the stock O2 be installed (with defouler installed).
mine only has 1. oh well
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Thinking of doing some Q16 instead of the C16. anyone have any experience with it?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...ries/13/1.html

someone needs an hd tv...

EDIT: gt5p in exactly 1 week!
i got one already

so davidface,

i got that panasonic (85u) and i still notice a similar buzzing noise. i think i must have dog-like hearing or something.

also, the picture may be better on the panasonic, but i honestly prefered the samsung. the tuner in the panasonic is **** (it seems to be something they can't fix), and the panasonic won't do 1080p over any inputs except hdmi so i can't use the xbox with the vga input anymore. completely ghey!
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
i got one already

so davidface,

i got that panasonic (85u) and i still notice a similar buzzing noise. i think i must have dog-like hearing or something.

also, the picture may be better on the panasonic, but i honestly prefered the samsung. the tuner in the panasonic is **** (it seems to be something they can't fix), and the panasonic won't do 1080p over any inputs except hdmi so i can't use the xbox with the vga input anymore. completely ghey!
Try using an isolation transformer...maybe you're getting interference through your home's AC.

Don't forget...plasmas draw a buttload of power, you may just be hearing the power supply cranking.

As for "the panasonic won't do 1080p over any inputs except hdmi" i dunno what to tell you....you can't get 1080p on component cables anywhere... the fact that you can't do it over VGA is weird, i guess? But c'mon...XBOX bites butts for not offering an HDMI output...srsly. Does the 360 even do 1080p?!?! I don't think so.

Why does the tuner suck? I don't feed my HDTV anything but an HD signal so I don't Fk with the tuner....I remember using it while rocking PIP and I never had a problem...I have the NTSC tuner, though, not the ATSC or whatever.

I dunno what to tell you, man... Put your big TV in a giant room and then you won't hear the noise? Sersiouly consider an isolation transformer.

And, trade your XBOX for a true next-gen system...then you can use HDMI all day!

I was always pissed that my TV only did XGA60 on the PC input....especially when it would make for a hot 1920x1080 screen but I didn't buy it to be a PC monitor so i try to limit the crying as much as possible.

Maybe Plasma is not the technology for you? Or you need a more advanced video processor, pre-display?

Last edited by avengerhed; Apr 10, 2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie

so davidface,

Also, the problems you go on to describe- while being very nice "problems" to have- are not my fault.

They consistently rank at the top of the reviews for plasma displays.

But, if you want to sell yours...I got $500 with your name on it. Or, trade for 1 Kohler toilet (almond), Cast iron bath tub (currently in pieces, assemble your self), and stock Evo clutch line with timing system components.

Whaddaya say?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:20 PM

i got a bigass line conditioner to put everything on, so that should be okay. maybe it's just the acoustics, maybe my hearing is wacky. i dunno. the picture is noticeably better though. i like that.

the tuner just doesn't work with OTA broadcast. i have to unplug the TV and wait a few mins and then it works fine until i turn it off. it's pretty odd, but other people have reported the same thing.

the 360 will do 1080p, but it can't do it over HDMI for some copyright bull**** and not over component. only over vga, which ironically, the panasonic won't accept. very odd.

in my opinion the whole digital rights and copy protection stuff is utter bull****. the only thing that is being accomplished is that it is easier to watch a movie by pirating it and removing all of the copy protection than it is to just pop it in a drive and go at it. LOL

maybe i've come to expect too much these days....

did i mention the picture is amazing?

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Try using an isolation transformer...maybe you're getting interference through your home's AC.

Don't forget...plasmas draw a buttload of power, you may just be hearing the power supply cranking.

As for "the panasonic won't do 1080p over any inputs except hdmi" i dunno what to tell you....you can't get 1080p on component cables anywhere... the fact that you can't do it over VGA is weird, i guess? But c'mon...XBOX bites butts for not offering an HDMI output...srsly. Does the 360 even do 1080p?!?! I don't think so.

Why does the tuner suck? I don't feed my HDTV anything but an HD signal so I don't Fk with the tuner....I remember using it while rocking PIP and I never had a problem...I have the NTSC tuner, though, not the ATSC or whatever.

I dunno what to tell you, man... Put your big TV in a giant room and then you won't hear the noise? Sersiouly consider an isolation transformer.

And, trade your XBOX for a true next-gen system...then you can use HDMI all day!

I was always pissed that my TV only did XGA60 on the PC input....especially when it would make for a hot 1920x1080 screen but I didn't buy it to be a PC monitor so i try to limit the crying as much as possible.

Maybe Plasma is not the technology for you? Or you need a more advanced video processor, pre-display?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Also, the problems you go on to describe- while being very nice "problems" to have- are not my fault.

They consistently rank at the top of the reviews for plasma displays.

But, if you want to sell yours...I got $500 with your name on it. Or, trade for 1 Kohler toilet (almond), Cast iron bath tub (currently in pieces, assemble your self), and stock Evo clutch line with timing system components.

Whaddaya say?
dude- i wasn't blaming you at all. just an FYI for anyone else who was looking (since Paul mentioned it). I know you had mentioned you might want to upgrade at some point too.

all is good mang!
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'll just stick a resistor on the rear o2 if its gonna be a hassle...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=268138

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread