Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea that's what I figured....figures my luck finally after all this decide on tire size and...they dont make it lol
Old Sep 13, 2007, 09:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
yea that's what I figured....figures my luck finally after all this decide on tire size and...they dont make it lol
I would just run the slightly larger tires. only off by 2.3%
Old Sep 13, 2007, 09:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

EVO ECU 101:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...64&postcount=6
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
I would just run the slightly larger tires. only off by 2.3%
The larger size corrects the factory speedo.

The speedo was 3mph high at 80mph (GPS) and now it's dead on.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

mucho gracias senior haha

dave, sick *** pics dude. i sent them to a couple guys i work with and they loved them!

i think im eventually going to get the azeni 615s when my stock summer tires wear out. i just LOVE the tread pattern, they look sooooooo mean! obv im going to stick with the stock sizes cuz im lame!
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx

dave, sick *** pics dude. i sent them to a couple guys i work with and they loved them!

Thanks man, how did yours come out?

Oh, Kate says she saw you guys at lunch today...small world.

Actually, just a small town, I guess!
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Thanks man, how did yours come out?

Oh, Kate says she saw you guys at lunch today...small world.

Actually, just a small town, I guess!
my battery died and i can't find my charger!!! i prolly left it in paris lol. i'll have to have pierre find it lol. most likely they came out crappy but there are probably a few decent/ok ones. i got a few pics of ppl & cars too that i'll post too (dont worry paul i most likely wont post that pic of u )

yup it is a small world! i usually go to holligans for lunch with this guy paul i work with on thurs or friday. he came to a meet at unos once with his mazda speed protege. he usually drives a blk mazdaspeed3. the guy that owns the black m5 was gunna come out for lunch but he had to bail last minute. i'll try to get him to come to a meet some time!
Old Sep 13, 2007, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

turco, where can i find the evo 9 maps? im just messing with evo flash right now (not connected to my car). i found an evo 8 map. do u know where to find some evo 9 maps? base usdm? base jdm?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 01:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I got one off Aktive matrix a while back. let me get the link

I tried to upload but it is too big.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 01:26 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I am not sure what ROM you have. Next time we meet I can probably pull your stock one for you.

http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/dl...file&file_id=3
Old Sep 13, 2007, 04:56 PM

Please take pics of the evo riding on cardboard. "You see paul rollin', you hatin'"
damn you and that song turco
Old Sep 13, 2007, 05:01 PM

another awsome meet and great pics
Old Sep 13, 2007, 05:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Who the hell is JDM blue??? I didn't know ford f-150's were JDM.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 05:26 PM

Let me start by saying I hate laptops that randomly shut off on you while you are typing a wicked sweet post, mainly the below (more or less).

Moving right along, sorry I haven't been there for you guys these last couple days. James is one busy guy! It took me about 40 minutes just to read through all the posts I missed

Looks like another good meet. Sorry I couldn't make it, but I can only go to the track a few times a year. GREAT pics Dave! You are certainly looking more and more like a 'professional'.

To respond to a couple posts, Paul, don't be a fool. Get a full TBE. You would gain more from a downpipe and cat-delete then a cat-back. Trust me. As far as the CEL, Dave is right. I have an anti-plug fouler you can have. I have one on my car and have not thrown a CEL with it in (I did with it out though). It is basically just a spacer, pulling the rear O2 sensor out of the air stream, therefore only seeing 'clean' air and not throwing the CEL. Cheap, easy, done.

As far as tuning, I am new to ECUFlash, but not to tuning in general. Once I get a good grip on ECUFlash (I already have a pretty good idea, but haven't been able to use it yet due to not being able to log...), I would be more then happy to shed some wisdom (along with Dex, as he already has some real-world experience with it!).

As far as snow tires, I have never run an AWD car in the winter with winters, just all-seasons. My GSX did just fine that way. Certainly they are a big improvement, but if you know how to drive, no worries. Just don't take corners doing 80 while it is snowing. Although, I would not drive with the Advans on, as I am sure they give no grip. And basically everyone on here probably has Advans, so you can disregard my last point Also, snow tires kick *** for drag racing (sticky tires FTW!!)

Anywho, I did indeed venture on up to the track last night. I only wanted to make two passes to see where I stand. For reference, last time I went (stock except manifold, Wally 255, flash, a crappy ACT clutch and Fidenza flywheel), I ran two 13.7's @ 104 and 102, not launching for either run (2.2 60's). Here is what I added since then: K&N drop-in (stock airbox FTW!!), SBR FMIC w/licp, MR 3" TBE, boost & oil pressure and coolant temp gauges, ECUFlash & EvoScan (can't get it to log yet though!!) I am still on stock boost btw. So with these mods, and figuring that the car is already flashed for more airflow from the previous owner, you would think I would be able to easily pull off a 13.4 without launching, maybe 13.1 with a decent launch. Not so much. Ran two almost identical 13.6's @ 102.xx with 1.9 60's (slipped the clutch too much one run, and bogged the other, plus it was pretty chilly, so no traction). So I actually lost a couple MPH in the COOLER air, and only ran slightly quicker. But I can't log, so all I am not sure what is going on engine wise.

Part of the problem is that I can't shift this car evenly remotely fast! Whenever I try, it locks me out (ACT 2600 SUCKS in the Evo). I have already changed the fluid to Pennzoil Synchromesh which helped a good amount, but not enough. It seriously takes about a half second for each shift (<- me trying to shift). So that certainly is not helping the Cause. The car definitely makes more power than before (just based on the butt-o-meter), but not seeing it at the track yet.

To help the Cause, here is the parts to install list (i.e. sitting in my trunk): MR O2 housing, Hallman Evo BC, and Aeromotive AFPR. I also need to replace the exhaust manifold gaskets, as I definitely have some leaks. I also need to get Evo Scan working so I can see what the hell is going on. Finally, on the to-order this week list: AEM UEGO. Oh, and a JDM boost sensor will be in the near future.

With these, I should be able to tune the car as well as I can and really see what it has in it. (goal of <12.5 on pump gas)

I think that about raps it up. Sorry for complaining, and there should be better news to follow after installing the stuff seen above. Looking forward to actually being able to go to meets again. See you guys soon!

Last edited by Marshall O; Sep 13, 2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Marsh: Good to see you're alive and well!

As for the tranny lockout...any way to tell if you've got the stock clutch line + restrictor? Any chance that moving the engagement point up in the pedal travel will help? Perhaps a heavy-*** shiftknob?

I know you're more than capable of installing your mods but if you need a hand, or the airtools, let me know.

I also have a gauge cup for you if you want it.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread