Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man, I cant believe he wont do that! We'll get some good pics this weekend. Let me know if you need any help building the new parts, I'm always willing to lend a hand. I'll see you tomorrow anyways, I think it's only supposed to rain a bit in the morning
Old Sep 14, 2007, 05:03 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by avengerhed
I know. I'm saying, "Why bother with a 9" wheel, which no doubt costs more and is heavier, if you're only going to run a 255?"
Oh yes, that makes sense. I agree, but then again 9" wheels tend to look more Balla'!

i neeeeeeed more pictures.

I'm trying to get the stickypod guy to throw in an extra 12" extension if I buy a whole extra kit (dashcam) but he won't do it...

Now i'm thinking of building the parts that i need by myself. i just need some solid round or square aluminum and a tap, plus some of the standard tripod screws...
My buddy Greg in westboro has a welder if you need it for anything. He can do stainless and aluminized. Soft aluminum is another animal but if you need to use it I am sure he wouldn't mind what-so-ever

p.s. Looks like the gauges are shipping today. Hopefully be here by monday. So hopefully at least Boost and Oil pressure will be installed by the next meet.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

BBQ Off

I sent some PMs out this week about a potential BBQ at the house but it looks like I'll be calling it off due to potential weather concerns and schedule conflicts.

I know I've spoken to a few people about hanging out with weekend and meeting the guys from Dirty Jersey and we're still up for that. Give me a call at some point on Saturday, we'll likely be up for doing something around noon.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 07:52 AM

Resident Evil: Extinction Meet

The movie opens on 9/21 and I was thinking it would be a good idea for a meet.

Especially if we have it at Solomon Pond in the parking garage. We could park there and then eat at Bertucci's, TGIF, or the food court. Mmmm, Cinnabon and Dippin' Dots...............

Or we could even eat at the Olive Garden and then park in the garage for the movie.

There is a 10PM showing, so we could have plenty of time to eat and then head over to the theater.

Who is in?
Old Sep 14, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by st3alth5

Especially if we have it at Solomon Pond in the parking garage. We could park there and then eat at Bertucci's, TGIF, or the food court. Mmmm, Cinnabon and Dippin' Dots...............

Or we could even eat at the Olive Garden and then park in the garage for the movie.

There is a 10PM showing, so we could have plenty of time to eat and then head over to the theater.

Who is in?
Me and Kate are in.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

I'm down
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:57 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I'm down, let me see who else wants to go.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by st3alth5

Who is in?
I still need to check with the Wife to see if we already have any plans, but if not I am definitely in. She probaly wouldn't go to the movie though, since she works Sat. morning.

Good idea though!
Old Sep 14, 2007, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by erratic evo
I am guessing you still have the restrictor pill for the clutch, big part of slowing down shifts and more so with aftermarket clutch. I have heard of setting the rev limits in ECUFlash, one of the many reasons I need to start working on tuning my car. Even tho your car was flashed from previous owner who is not too say it was done correctly and with your current setup its causing more problems, hence your lack of improved #'s at the track. I made 2 runs @ NED a couple weeks back with stock everything ( except K&N drop-in and no restrictor) and ran a 13.3 @ 106 and 13.2 @ 106. Many different senerios with different cars/nights can mean different #'s but with what you have currently I would imagine 12.8's atleast. My 60ft was not much better trying to save my stock clutch as much as possible ( 2.1 and 2.0 respectively). Hopefully you can get a good tune once you get some logs and wideband in place. You will be tearing it up in no time
Good call on the restrictor pill; I completely forgot about it! I can easily change the rev limit in ECUFlash, but nothing for any kind of NLTS. We shall see about that. And I totally agree that I can't trust the current tune. It was done by Perrin, I assume at a dyno, but not sure. I know the previous owner went 12.1 or so with the mods he had on it before hand. And thanks for making me feel bad by running 4/10 quicker and 4 MPH faster with less mods Next time I race should be a differenct story. Hopefully I can figure out this shifting issue, and I should be able to tune as I want to. Thanks for the advice though
Old Sep 14, 2007, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Marshall, I totally thought MR = EVO MR not Megan racing that is why i was confused. I agree the stock design is horrible. I thought bucshur was hard on for the ebay one? Or is megan the ebay one. While i think it will help 20whp is probably a stretch but definitely something very noticible. Do you have a DP? Doing them both at the same time is probably a good idea.

As for NLTS or flat foot shifting. I was actually just reading today that someone is working on a mod to incorporate it into the Evo ECU. Currently I am not sure if there is an option to do it, but I do know it cannot currently be done using the stock ECU.
I figured as much (as far as the MR confusion). And yes, it is the exact same as the Ebay one. So you are again correct (common theme, huh). 20 WHP is a strech, but I have heard/seen some noticable gains. I want to get a log before and after and see the airflow, etc, difference. And of course I have a DP! Who do you think I am, Paul or Eric?? (jk guys!) And finally, yes I as well was reading about someone trying to incorporate NLTS into ECUFlash. The problem was that the person doing it did not seem to know too much about it, but rather just has the ability to incorporate it. It is open source, and I have some limited programming experience, but should be able to whip something up by myself. Hopefully tomorrow I can spend some time on it.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 09:17 AM

Marsh: Good to see you're alive and well!

As for the tranny lockout...any way to tell if you've got the stock clutch line + restrictor? Any chance that moving the engagement point up in the pedal travel will help? Perhaps a heavy-*** shiftknob?

I know you're more than capable of installing your mods but if you need a hand, or the airtools, let me know.

I also have a gauge cup for you if you want it.
Sorry Dave, I completely missed this post last night

Unless I am blind, I do still have the stock line. I have not looked into the restrictor, but my intuition tells me I still have it in. I don't think pedal travel is the problem. It engages at a decent hight, and will not roll forward when on the 2-step.

For installing mods and such, air tools kick ***, and I have none, so I may take you up just for that reason! Dex mentioned he would like to install his O2 housing at the same time, so maybe we can set up a garage day? Might be nice for those who have not had the wonderful experience of working on cars yet to see. I would be for that. I could even hold off on my boost controller just for that reason as well. We shall see though.

Thanks very much for the offer on the gauge cup I think I decided that I do want to install it in the spare and useless "Lancer" gauge. If I do change my mind I will certainly take you up on that offer
Old Sep 14, 2007, 09:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Marshall O
I figured as much (as far as the MR confusion). And yes, it is the exact same as the Ebay one. So you are again correct (common theme, huh). 20 WHP is a strech, but I have heard/seen some noticable gains. I want to get a log before and after and see the airflow, etc, difference. And of course I have a DP! Who do you think I am, Paul or Eric?? (jk guys!) And finally, yes I as well was reading about someone trying to incorporate NLTS into ECUFlash. The problem was that the person doing it did not seem to know too much about it, but rather just has the ability to incorporate it. It is open source, and I have some limited programming experience, but should be able to whip something up by myself. Hopefully tomorrow I can spend some time on it.
And if you do figure it out, please let me know.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
...I do want to install it in the spare and useless "Lancer" gauge. If I do change my mind I will certainly take you up on that offer
I assume that you know that the "Lancer" gauge is not a 52mm and will require you to install a remote display for your wideband solution. Either way, it's hot looking.

We could definitely be a "go" on a garage day. I have to be home all weekend for the weekend of September 22 and 23 to wait for Sears to come fix my recalled (explodes, apparently) snowblower. We can certainly plan on that weekend for the garage work.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
an NLTS Rom patch has not yet been implimented. i think tephra was actually going to start working on it though.

And I don't think Bez has it on his rom, although that guy is nutz. hes already running speed density on the stock ecu.

Marshall,
You're losing alot of trap speed - which means you're probably knocking pretty heavily up top. you gotta get logging working!

since i got the exedy, lockout has not been an issue for me, except for when there is alot of engine flex, due to slow shifting. If i shift fast, at upper rpms (ie: at the drag strip) it shifts like butter. I've made a post about this in the past, and a common fix for lockout is a front engine mount - torque dampers are pretty much useless compared to a front mount. buschur, sells just a front motor mount.

also - i dont recommend anyone to do power shifting... my 3-4 is pretty notchy now, and it really doesnt make a difference in my ETs.

Last edited by EvoBroMA; Sep 14, 2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 11:20 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

JDM MAP getting preordered today!

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread