Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2008, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anjapower
sweet, would it be more convenient for me to swing down your way or otherwise?
there is a good chance we'll still be doing a motor swap at my place on sunday, so i can't promise anything.

as far as methanol goes, I think I have like two gallons of 50/50 mix left. let me check tonight i should have enough mix in my car to keep me good through the summer.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazymikie
there is a good chance we'll still be doing a motor swap at my place on sunday, so i can't promise anything.

as far as methanol goes, I think I have like two gallons of 50/50 mix left. let me check tonight i should have enough mix in my car to keep me good through the summer.
Let me know. All I should need help with is the BSP tap - I'll see if I can pick one up at that place in Woburn - and soldering.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

that's what my car did:

except more midrange. that's far more useful than the first plot. i would think it's just for looking at and jerking off. when the rubber hits the road, my money would be on the second car....
thats what i wan't my car to do. I am not a fan of Lucas' E85 car - not sure why he doesn't just get a bigger turbo. i really like the power band on hanawaiian's car though (the one you posted). OKIX also picked up 50whp up top with Jun 272's on a green. anything over 300wtq i am happy with, but i would really like more power up top on these cars. thats kind of why i'm interested in bigger cams.

the point of the thread was to show, that there are no losses going from stock to a big cam - and with mivec, the driveability shouldn't be much different than stock.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 08:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldnt say there are no losses because there is definitely a loss in spool. he is making similar torque about 1000 rpm later then i did. I think that will get you to a noticeable difference on the street. but if you are looking for top end you will need cams to move the power curve to the right.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=340702

Last edited by EvoBroMA; Apr 22, 2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

.... wow ....

That's hot dude! Just wondering what kind of lug nuts are those on there now?
I dunno what to say about the car as a whole, its just.. f'in gorgeous...
Old Apr 22, 2008, 08:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

wow clean red evo.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
the point of the thread was to show, that there are no losses going from stock to a big cam - and with mivec, the driveability shouldn't be much different than stock.
Turco is 100% correct.

The problem they are doing is comparing peak power for a drag setup.
If you look at a different cam setup with a IX turbo you will see much different results ie.(more torque or hp in lower rpm) which would obviously be an advantage on a road race/autoX car.
I dont think comparing Lucas car with others is fair either. he has more money in his setup than I do.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Turco is 100% correct.

The problem they are doing is comparing peak power for a drag setup.
If you look at a different cam setup with a IX turbo you will see much different results ie.(more torque or hp in lower rpm) which would obviously be an advantage on a road race/autoX car.
I dont think comparing Lucas car with others is fair either. he has more money in his setup than I do.
i still maintain i'd get seasick from driving that car.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

i still maintain i'd get seasick from driving that car.
cuz you are a girl
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:12 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

i agree, he mentioned in a previous thread this is his wifes car too.

So i decided to have a beer, or two, with my lunch since i am home. Since i ate before this conference call that i am on every week, which is normally boring and i never do anything on i thought i would be clear. Well i ended up having to correct two people on some disk drive issue and got into a fight, luckily i roxored their boxzors. I should drink more during work.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
i agree, he mentioned in a previous thread this is his wifes car too.

So i decided to have a beer, or two, with my lunch since i am home. Since i ate before this conference call that i am on every week, which is normally boring and i never do anything on i thought i would be clear. Well i ended up having to correct two people on some disk drive issue and got into a fight, luckily i roxored their boxzors. I should drink more during work.
working from home means beer is mandatory.

i have to go to the lawyer [again] after work. apparently my old mortgage company thought it would be helpful to pay my taxes, although they aren't due for another 3 weeks. now i have to resign my paperwork.

****ing idiots......
Former Sponsor

Cool

Just letting you Springfield area guys know that you have another local option for a clutch install. While we've always offered them, we're rolling out a new price for Evos. A clutch install will now cost you $650. Please call or pm for any of your Evo needs.
-Alex
Evolved Member

So...does anyone have a good lead on where to get exhaust silencers? For the second time in less than a month I got pulled AGAIN today (no I was not speeding!). I actually had a RI state trooper follow me into a Shell station (mind you know lights on or siren to even let me know he was pulling me over), just to whack me $75 for my plate covers, and while at it, give me a 5 day tag for my "loud" exhaust.

So with that said..I need to do something about the exhaust, and swapping it out is not an option. I hate having a silencer on, but it really did come in handy when I had one for my 2g. I'm looking for something that will work on a 4" tip... TIA guys...

Edit: Also up for some other ideas seeing sense after doing a little research, silencers apparently blow...damn cops...

Last edited by Spins4; Apr 22, 2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:20 AM

i wish this wasn't such a hike. for $145 bucks, i think i'd do it if it was closer

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1479282

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread