Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i heard there are ebay ones that work really well. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Adjus...spagenameZWDVW
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymikie
working from home means beer is mandatory.

i have to go to the lawyer [again] after work. apparently my old mortgage company thought it would be helpful to pay my taxes, although they aren't due for another 3 weeks. now i have to resign my paperwork.

****ing idiots......

pm me what you have to resign. they shouldnt have to redo the recission paperwork.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spins4
So...does anyone have a good lead on where to get exhaust silencers? For the second time in less than a month I got pulled AGAIN today (no I was not speeding!). I actually had a RI state trooper follow me into a Shell station (mind you know lights on or siren to even let me know he was pulling me over), just to whack me $75 for my plate covers, and while at it, give me a 5 day tag for my "loud" exhaust.

So with that said..I need to do something about the exhaust, and swapping it out is not an option. I hate having a silencer on, but it really did come in handy when I had one for my 2g. I'm looking for something that will work on a 4" tip... TIA guys...

Edit: Also up for some other ideas seeing sense after doing a little research, silencers apparently blow...damn cops...
You can do like I do, stock catback with a cutout.
Cops have no idea
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:31 AM
Former Sponsor

So...does anyone have a good lead on where to get exhaust silencers? For the second time in less than a month I got pulled AGAIN today (no I was not speeding!). I actually had a RI state trooper follow me into a Shell station (mind you know lights on or siren to even let me know he was pulling me over), just to whack me $75 for my plate covers, and while at it, give me a 5 day tag for my "loud" exhaust.

So with that said..I need to do something about the exhaust, and swapping it out is not an option. I hate having a silencer on, but it really did come in handy when I had one for my 2g. I'm looking for something that will work on a 4" tip... TIA guys...

Edit: Also up for some other ideas seeing sense after doing a little research, silencers apparently blow...damn cops...
Sucks to hear Bill. I was having so much trouble with my setup that I swapped for a Fujitsubo RM01A. Not only is the one of the most beautifully made exhausts I've ever seen (single piece CBE FTW), but it's incredibly quite. It sits nicely and doesn't have the obnoxious JDM slant. I also hit it up with some high-temp flat black just for that added stealth look .

I've also heard good things about the eBay ones working. At that price, it's worth a try. Maybe make a visit to your local muffler shop/tuner to see if they have any laying around. Good luck
-Alex
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
i heard there are ebay ones that work really well. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Adjus...spagenameZWDVW
How could I forget eBay..actually searching for some 4" ones now...

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
You can do like I do, stock catback with a cutout.
Cops have no idea
True. Problem with that is, my stock exhaust is loooooong gone...and funds right now won't allow me to really be switching this and that...

Originally Posted by ECS Performance
Sucks to hear Bill. I was having so much trouble with my setup that I swapped for a Fujitsubo RM01A. Not only is the one of the most beautifully made exhausts I've ever seen (single piece CBE FTW), but it's incredibly quite. It sits nicely and doesn't have the obnoxious JDM slant. I also hit it up with some high-temp flat black just for that added stealth look .

I've also heard good things about the eBay ones working. At that price, it's worth a try. Maybe make a visit to your local muffler shop/tuner to see if they have any laying around. Good luck
-Alex
Ya, it blows. Amazing how once it's nice out, then they start busting your ***** . As for the Fujitsubo exhaust, I do agree. A friend of mine went with that on his IX, I couldn't believe the quality/quietness.

Now by eBay ones working, you mean the full exhausts, or the silencers? Oh, and as for a trip to my local tuner shop, I live in RI..we don't have those
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:39 AM

Probably old news to you guys by now:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=340023
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Probably old news to you guys by now:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=340023
yay...more edicking.

corrections are meaningless on a turbo car. they should be posting uncorrected dyno numbers.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
beautiful power curve on it.

Marshall go buy those speed bleeders for the clutch slave cylinder and we can get that pill out.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Now by eBay ones working, you mean the full exhausts, or the silencers? Oh, and as for a trip to my local tuner shop, I live in RI..we don't have those
Well I meant the silencers since it sounds like the issue needs to be rectified pretty quickly. Cutout's are fantastic too. On a side note, not sure if you remember me, but I bought an OEM RS trunk from you a while back. My friend and I came and met you one night to pick it up. Still haven't gotten the sucker painted
-Alex
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ECS Performance
Well I meant the silencers since it sounds like the issue needs to be rectified pretty quickly. Cutout's are fantastic too. On a side note, not sure if you remember me, but I bought an OEM RS trunk from you a while back. My friend and I came and met you one night to pick it up. Still haven't gotten the sucker painted
-Alex
Oh damn! Hey Alex..lol Yup, I deff remeber..not too many people that I have sold trunk lids to in a Honey Dew Donuts parking lot

But ya, for the money I think I am going to try one of those eBay silencers. Sad part is, when I ordered this exhaust (over 2 years ago), Ryan from RNR (and yes, that was before he started screwing everyone), told me if I went with the muffler I did, it would be quieter..wow.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
beautiful power curve on it.

Marshall go buy those speed bleeders for the clutch slave cylinder and we can get that pill out.
I think Dave said he has one with my name on it
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
I think Dave said he has one with my name on it
They engrave speed bleeders?

Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:53 AM

They engrave speed bleeders?

Apparantly, unless he was lying to me
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by 1slowevo

pm me what you have to resign. they shouldnt have to redo the recission paperwork.
they want to redo the HUD now...

i hate freedom mortgage. worst company EVER. hands down.

bunch of incompetent ****ing donkies
Old Apr 22, 2008, 11:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Oh damn! Hey Alex..lol Yup, I deff remeber..not too many people that I have sold trunk lids to in a Honey Dew Donuts parking lot

But ya, for the money I think I am going to try one of those eBay silencers. Sad part is, when I ordered this exhaust (over 2 years ago), Ryan from RNR (and yes, that was before he started screwing everyone), told me if I went with the muffler I did, it would be quieter..wow.
In retrospect, that was pretty sketchy As far as the whole loudness thing goes, I think it's totally subjective. To some guys exhaust A seems quite while to other guys exahust A sounds like an open dump. That's why I never really trust when somebody says, "It's not loud" or something along those lines. Crappy youtube videos don't help much either

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread