Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by avengerhed
I assume that you know that the "Lancer" gauge is not a 52mm and will require you to install a remote display for your wideband solution. Either way, it's hot looking.

We could definitely be a "go" on a garage day. I have to be home all weekend for the weekend of September 22 and 23 to wait for Sears to come fix my recalled (explodes, apparently) snowblower. We can certainly plan on that weekend for the garage work.
I certainly did I will see what I can come up with. I just like having a nice clean interior. My GSX was anything but, and I just don't want to go that route.

Anyways, next weekend sounds good to me. I will have to check and see if I have any plans (seems like I have a wedding every week!). Saturday is best for me.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 01:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone have any opinions on shifter bushings? Worth it, which are best, interior or under hood or both? I figure they are a cheap mod so if they are effective why not. Plus i want to order some badge overlays from lancer shop and might as well fill up the box for shipping.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by dexmix
an NLTS Rom patch has not yet been implimented. i think tephra was actually going to start working on it though.

And I don't think Bez has it on his rom, although that guy is nutz. hes already running speed density on the stock ecu.

Marshall,
You're losing alot of trap speed - which means you're probably knocking pretty heavily up top. you gotta get logging working!

since i got the exedy, lockout has not been an issue for me, except for when there is alot of engine flex, due to slow shifting. If i shift fast, at upper rpms (ie: at the drag strip) it shifts like butter. I've made a post about this in the past, and a common fix for lockout is a front engine mount - torque dampers are pretty much useless compared to a front mount. buschur, sells just a front motor mount.

also - i dont recommend anyone to do power shifting... my 3-4 is pretty notchy now, and it really doesnt make a difference in my ETs.
tephra is working on it. I would love to see if I can implement it myself. I love that feeling of accomplishment

And I agree 100% with the logging! I emailed them my problem and am waiting to hear back. Hopefully it is an easy fix...But, it doesn't feel like I am losing much up top. And there really should not be any reason for knock, since I am still running stock boost. If anything, the flash is a very safe one, as it seems to be quite rich (not excessive=black smoke). But only a log can tell for sure. I really think I am just losing a ton on the shifting. It really could easily add up to an extra second, which would put me at a high 12 (which is what I was expecting). Only time will tell...

Ah the Exedy. That is high on my I Want list, but unfortunately, it is also very high on my I Can't Afford list. Maybe next year... But if you want to trade, I am all for it!
Old Sep 14, 2007, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Anyone have any opinions on shifter bushings? Worth it, which are best, interior or under hood or both? I figure they are a cheap mod so if they are effective why not. Plus i want to order some badge overlays from lancer shop and might as well fill up the box for shipping.
I am not sure about the Evo, but they helped a TON on my GSX. It was like night and day. You really can't go wrong. They are cheap, and an easy install. Definitely the interior, but if you can get the under hood as well, why not? As far as the overlays, make sure you really specify you need them for an Evo IX! I could not figure out why my front badge was way too big until I realized they were for the VIII. Randy's were fine however...
Old Sep 14, 2007, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Marshall O
As far as the overlays, make sure you really specify you need them for an Evo IX! I could not figure out why my front badge was way too big until I realized they were for the VIII. Randy's were fine however...

Maybe someone should have ordered the ones for the IX instead of the VIII.

Yeah, I went there...

Old Sep 14, 2007, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Marshall O
tephra is working on it. I would love to see if I can implement it myself. I love that feeling of accomplishment

And I agree 100% with the logging! I emailed them my problem and am waiting to hear back. Hopefully it is an easy fix...But, it doesn't feel like I am losing much up top. And there really should not be any reason for knock, since I am still running stock boost. If anything, the flash is a very safe one, as it seems to be quite rich (not excessive=black smoke). But only a log can tell for sure. I really think I am just losing a ton on the shifting. It really could easily add up to an extra second, which would put me at a high 12 (which is what I was expecting). Only time will tell...

Ah the Exedy. That is high on my I Want list, but unfortunately, it is also very high on my I Can't Afford list. Maybe next year... But if you want to trade, I am all for it!
thats so weird that you lost mph, in the cooler weather. i gained more than 2mph running in cooler weather from over 90* to low 60*
i also keep forgetting you're on stock boost. im running 19psi at redline now, but i think stock was only 16! anyway, you need to email me the map. i want to see what kind of timing you are running.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by st3alth5
Maybe someone should have ordered the ones for the IX instead of the VIII.

Yeah, I went there...

Oh no he didn't!

I really did order the ones for the IX though, and I have the receipt to prove it!
Old Sep 15, 2007, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by dexmix
thats so weird that you lost mph, in the cooler weather. i gained more than 2mph running in cooler weather from over 90* to low 60*
i also keep forgetting you're on stock boost. im running 19psi at redline now, but i think stock was only 16! anyway, you need to email me the map. i want to see what kind of timing you are running.
I haven't taken a good look at the map yet myself. I'll send it to you this weekend.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco

I have the underhood from Buschur.
Worth it.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 08:33 AM

Randy i totally forgot how is heavinly sword
Old Sep 16, 2007, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by jdmblue
Randy i totally forgot how is heavinly sword
Fan-****ing-tastically awesome beyond belief! Going to play more right now!!!
Old Sep 16, 2007, 04:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by st3alth5
Fan-****ing-tastically awesome beyond belief! Going to play more right now!!!
Really? It's that good?

I've heard great things about it but every review I read claims it's very redundant.

How much time have you put into it?
Old Sep 16, 2007, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

kartboy shifter bushings ftw
Old Sep 16, 2007, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

i work right at a shop in worcester if anyone ever wants to come down i can usually beat prices on tires or parts/installs and have full tuning capabilities for evo8/9 wrx w/launch control and sti
Old Sep 16, 2007, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

animation

hey guys...

here's an animation I put together from a few shots I took this afternoon.

enjoy

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread