Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2007, 07:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
God gauges suck to install... I got most of the wiring done today, well all the wires are ran from the engine bay to the back of the gauge pod. Gauges are setup in the pod. All that is left is oil pressure sender (gotta figure out placement), egt probe (next weekend, pulling exhaust mani), and power, ground, and dimmer. I doubt it will be done for this week, but hopefully by next week they will be almost all functional but at least alive.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 07:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Dave that is SICK!!!! We should try some night shots doing that!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dave that animation is sick....
Old Sep 17, 2007, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

nice man! Thanks for a great weekend man and I'll be contacting you soon
Old Sep 17, 2007, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
nice man! Thanks for a great weekend man and I'll be contacting you soon
Cool, yeah we had a blast! Made it even harder to get into work this morning . Oh well, guess I just have to start looking forward to the Resident Evil meet and garage day weekend!!!!!!!

Paul, hopefully your Fuji comes by then...any word on that?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

no, I'm hoping the tracking number comes today, if not I'll call Hiro this evening. Think I'm going to get a TV very soon though! Lol
Old Sep 17, 2007, 06:29 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

TV for the evo?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by tvieira24
Really? It's that good?

I've heard great things about it but every review I read claims it's very redundant.

How much time have you put into it?
I am not exactly sure how many hours I have logged. I am in the third act though, which is a decent amount of play. I think the game is awesome and that the battle and action gameplay flow extremely well. The gameplay is also extremely cinematic, which I enjoy a lot. But, beyond gameplay, I also play it for the story and to see all of the creativity that has gone into the game. Having Andy Serkis as their motion capture director definitely helped with the cut-scenes, which almost all are rendered on-the-fly and still look damn good, which I think is badass.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 06:44 AM

Unhappy

For those into rally and may not know, Colin McRae died in a helicopter crash over the weekend. RIP
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

So are we having the weekly meet on Friday night?

Or do you want to have a midweek get-together as well? Perhaps just a photo session for interested parties?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 01:16 PM

My vote is to just meet on Friday.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by st3alth5
My vote is to just meet on Friday.
I agree. But I am all for the Friday movie meet and garage day!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
God gauges suck to install... I got most of the wiring done today, well all the wires are ran from the engine bay to the back of the gauge pod. Gauges are setup in the pod. All that is left is oil pressure sender (gotta figure out placement), egt probe (next weekend, pulling exhaust mani), and power, ground, and dimmer. I doubt it will be done for this week, but hopefully by next week they will be almost all functional but at least alive.
Oh come on, they aren't that bad As far as the sender, do you have an oil line with it? I would not recommend threading the sender directly to the filter housing, as the vibrations will kill it over time. I 'mounted' mine up to the firewall which was not too bad at all. But I also changed the oil at the same time, since you are going to have some flow out the housing anyways. Good luck! And let me know if you need any help/advice.

Looking forward to seeing them
Old Sep 17, 2007, 07:48 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Oh come on, they aren't that bad As far as the sender, do you have an oil line with it? I would not recommend threading the sender directly to the filter housing, as the vibrations will kill it over time. I 'mounted' mine up to the firewall which was not too bad at all. But I also changed the oil at the same time, since you are going to have some flow out the housing anyways. Good luck! And let me know if you need any help/advice.

Looking forward to seeing them
Yeah I bought the 42 draft design piece. So it will be attached to the filter housing but i doubt much will happen. I mean i was going to put it on the head so attaching it to any part of the engine will cause vibration.

Anyone have suggestions for tapping a constant 12v? I was thinking the radio but wasnt sure if it was good to run the radio and three gauges. Everything is done except tapping for 12v constant. I ran two wires from the cigarette lighter for the ACC 12v and parking light. The radio harness is really short and effing sucks to really get to. But it seems to be the only 12v constant in the vicinity of the gauges. I could get under the steering wheel but i dont know what is what.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

You've gotta check but there are a few spots in the driver kickpanel fuse box that are 12v constant. I can show you on mine. It's the best spot for gauge tapping so that you don't get noise coming back through your stereo.

I used some of the radio power/grounds for my wideband and i could contantly hear whining through the stereo, proportional to my engine speed...I moved everything to the driver's fuse box and now, no more.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread