Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2008, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazymikie
Or the other option is an infinite baffle subwoofer with 4x12" drivers. That would roxor......
mm... My buddy put subs in the base of his couch seats, apparently its a common thing for home theatre setups.. The only problem is that if you turn up the base too much it gives you gas... And well that and the whole rumble in the *** concept...

Originally Posted by mysteryvo
yeah so i don't remember posting anything last night, but i guess i did
ahhh welcome to my current life style... Its even better when you wake up not remembering why people are mad at you thanks to what you said to them over aim the previous night...

+ = my asian glow + 3*() = drunk Jason...
Old May 22, 2008, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce988jl
mm... My buddy put subs in the base of his couch seats, apparently its a common thing for home theatre setups.. The only problem is that if you turn up the base too much it gives you gas... And well that and the whole rumble in the *** concept...

ahhh welcome to my current life style... Its even better when you wake up not remembering why people are mad at you thanks to what you said to them over aim the previous night...

I'm a little more conventional than that...I'll either do a decently tuned sealed box or the infinite baffle. The latter is a little more work and requires an EQ to get some flat response, but from what I've heard, you've never felt anything like it before. I have the perfect spot for one too....
Old May 22, 2008, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

I'm a little more conventional than that...I'll either do a decently tuned sealed box or the infinite baffle. The latter is a little more work and requires an EQ to get some flat response, but from what I've heard, you've never felt anything like it before. I have the perfect spot for one too....
Yea I'm a big fan of the exposed big box subwoofer. No need to hide your toys :-)

On a lighter note, I'm way too bored at work and am totally post whoring this thread...
Old May 22, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

I would so love to have subs in my couch. I would invite every hot girl I know over and let them have it. Picture the scene from teh movie 'Private Parts' where the girl double clicks her mouse on the speaker. Awesome>
Old May 22, 2008, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
I would so love to have subs in my couch. I would invite every hot girl I know over and let them have it. Picture the scene from teh movie 'Private Parts' where the girl double clicks her mouse on the speaker. Awesome>
Hmmm...good point. Maybe I'll add a third driver to the top of the sub, parallel to the ground.

I'm tingling just thinking about it.
Old May 22, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Old May 22, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

^^ Uh oh...tell us you didn;t sell something we all still have...or still are you unemployed???
Old May 22, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spins4
What up bill? How you been?
Old May 22, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Hmmm...good point. Maybe I'll add a third driver to the top of the sub, parallel to the ground.

I'm tingling just thinking about it.

Subwoofer equipped couch + rubbing vaginas = sexytime!!!
Old May 22, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

^^ Uh oh...tell us you didn;t sell something we all still have...or still are you unemployed???
A *****? No! I would never sell that...oh you mean the Evo..no not yet..but am randomly getting offers. Truthfully, I was going to put it up for sale this weekend, but the girlfriend of a mere 3 months, seems to have taken a liken to the car, as have her 2 sons, enough of a liken to already told me if my tax refund thingy is not in on time..she's paying this month, so basically buying me one more month .

But ya, to answer your question, yup..still unemployed. Already feelin like **** stepped in twice today (I have pretty much been up for 24hrs. straight...for no reason.. ), for an extra kick in the nuts, I randomly found my Mitsu certificate from when I went "Double Diamond Certified"... lotta good that is doing...

Plus I made that post so I would remember where I left off readin...I'm hardly ever on EvoM anymore . Depresses me when I can't do **** to the Evo for too long of periods at a time .

*End rambling*
Old May 22, 2008, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
Paulnsexxxor, It will fit the IX, and perfect I might add..
if thats the same one we got in our group buy - then yeah, its probably the best fitting 3" dp for the IX.
Old May 22, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spins4
A *****? No! I would never sell that...oh you mean the Evo..no not yet..but am randomly getting offers. Truthfully, I was going to put it up for sale this weekend, but the girlfriend of a mere 3 months, seems to have taken a liken to the car, as have her 2 sons, enough of a liken to already told me if my tax refund thingy is not in on time..she's paying this month, so basically buying me one more month .

But ya, to answer your question, yup..still unemployed. Already feelin like **** stepped in twice today (I have pretty much been up for 24hrs. straight...for no reason.. ), for an extra kick in the nuts, I randomly found my Mitsu certificate from when I went "Double Diamond Certified"... lotta good that is doing...

Plus I made that post so I would remember where I left off readin...I'm hardly ever on EvoM anymore . Depresses me when I can't do **** to the Evo for too long of periods at a time .

*End rambling*
Hey man what type of position are you looking for? Also get some sleep..

PS: anyone know that Peterfuller Mitsu. shut down??

Lesson learned today at work:
As a rising engineer intern.. whenever an engineer instructs you to put anything at a temperature of more than 200C question it...
Explaination:
I was accidentally told 300C instead of 300F... I completely melted a ball switch along with its harness, contacts, wiring, etc... was left with a puddle of goo and some misc metal components. Also almost set off the inergen fire prevention system at work (costs 4000$ to refill)..

Last edited by bruce988jl; May 22, 2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old May 22, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Lesson learned today at work:
As a rising engineer intern.. whenever an engineer instructs you to put anything at a temperature of more than 200C question it...
Explaination:
I was accidentally told 300C instead of 300F... I completely melted a ball switch along with its harness, contacts, wiring, etc... was left with a puddle of goo and some misc metal components. Also almost set off the inergen fire prevention system at work (costs 4000$ to refill)..
whoah! sounds like you work at NASA....

Subwoofer equipped couch + rubbing vaginas = sexytime!!!
my goodness tim! hope your women doesn't read the forums
Old May 22, 2008, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Damn I'm rambling today!

What up bill? How you been?
Eh..see above post . U?

Oh, and I never updated you guys..cops have seem to take a liking to my Evo apparently. Here is a little break down...

Bought said Evo 11/05 .. up until 3/08 .. pulled over 3 times.
1 speeding ticket..like $85..ya my bad..damn unmarked RI Staties.
1 speeding ticket..Lincoln I think..ya..I saw him..I was in neutral coasting to a stop light right next to where I was working..apparently too fast for his liking
1 time by a North Kingstown cop, just to let me know I had a brake light out, and that he liked the car..go figure.

NOW. Not bad, right?

3/21/08 - Warwick PD. What I should have got:
50 in a 25 on ramp (I can't help it, I was in a bad mood, just had 2 wisdom teeth taken out 2 days prior, plus you guys know how fun bends are ), exhaust, tint, plate covers, oh and I seem to have lost my insurance card ...RI thats a $250 fine alone. Well thanks to my buddies ability to "charm" people over..I ended up with:
1 5 day tag for plate covers (like I don't know anyone at dealerships anymore ).
1 Court summons to prove I had insurance at the time, as opposed to the $250 fine. Which, was great, considering caught took less than an hour of my time, never saw a judge, and no court fees. All in all, cool cop.

4/22/08 - RI State trooper..he is the one I told you guys about following me off the highway, and into a Shell station just for:
1 $75 ticket for plate covers (I know, you think I would learn, but you really think I want to ruin the plates I spent so much for? ).
1 5 day tag for my exhaust, again, no big deal to me.

4/29/08 6:40pm - RI State Trooper..note I put a time, you'll see the significance to that later. Again, in a bad mood. I had JUST got a phone call, telling me that I basically wasn't getting this job that I thought was a sure thing . I'm stressed, still mad about my ticket exactly 1 week prior, and now my girls kids are going to act like little $hitheads..so what do I do..try to hurry up and get home. What did that get me...yup you guessed it..was doing 80 in a 55..gave him the kids sick BS story..comes back with:
1 speeding ticket..but just for 10mph over. How generous. At this point I gave my BS pleased to take the ticket face, when he gives me.."ya, well, I'm just making sure you get home safely"...Now that I already signed for the ticket, I reply.."how is giving me an $85 ticket getting me home safe?..he didn't like that.

4/29/08 7:40pm ... yes you read that right..ONE hour later. We get back to her house. I'm nautious to my stomach at this point. Literally a wreck. So I tell her I am going to take a quick ride alone to cool down. I learned flipping out and going thru like a tornado is too costly. So I reasure her that am not going to do anything stupid. Which at this point, I couldn't even afford to. So I decide to take a ride to Oakland Beach to go for a walk. Honestly. Well, I'm sure alot of you guys may have heard of Iggys Doughboys, and I'm sure some have not. But basically Iggys is at the beach. So, heading down the road RIGHT before it..Warwick cop..sigh. I honestly thought I was dreaming.

Comes up..give him the pile (license, reg, INS), you know, of course its under the other 2 tickets I have filed in my glovebox. Tells me I was doing 37 in a 25. Well, I prob was. Of course he asked what my rush was, so at this point, only thing I come up with is.."I had a craving for doughboys". He chuckles, the ansks me when the last time I was pulled over was..heh. So I look at my flat screen..nearly **** myself when I said exactly one hour ago. He procedes to ask when was the last ticket I got..again I reply.."exactly one hour ago". I gave him the long "whoa is me" ramble of my day..tell him I got hit for doing 65 in a 55..he just tells me to sit tight, and he will be right back. Comes back instantly..no ticket. I could literally see the pity in his face . Tells me have a good night, and enjoy my doughboys.....I didn't even want any damn doughboys!

So, there you have it..up to 7 pullovers with the Evo (bringing my total to 60 something now). A "mere" 3 within 28 1/2 months..and a sad 4 in a mere 32 days.
Old May 22, 2008, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

At this point..whatever ...I don't know really. Heck, the other day I was having one of my days..kind of arguing with the g/f about being miserable not working..and she tried giving me, maybe I'm being too picky. So right then and there I called Roger Williams Park, just to ask them if they were hiring for someone to shovel elephant ****..they said no of course. So I hung up, looked at her, and simply replied, "is that being too pick??!!"...then we all laughed, and went back to drinking our delicious margaritas.

And I would love to sleep...I'm just waiting for my second..third..eh whatever wind it is to crash.

Lastly, Peter Fuller did? Wow.. didn't know that..I couldn't believe Jake Kaplan got out of Mitsu. so soon. I learned that the hard way when all I wanted was an oil filter last month.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread