Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2008, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spins4
At this point..whatever ...I don't know really. Heck, the other day I was having one of my days..kind of arguing with the g/f about being miserable not working..and she tried giving me, maybe I'm being too picky. So right then and there I called Roger Williams Park, just to ask them if they were hiring for someone to shovel elephant ****..they said no of course. So I hung up, looked at her, and simply replied, "is that being too pick??!!"...then we all laughed, and went back to drinking our delicious margaritas.

And I would love to sleep...I'm just waiting for my second..third..eh whatever wind it is to crash.

Lastly, Peter Fuller did? Wow.. didn't know that..I couldn't believe Jake Kaplan got out of Mitsu. so soon. I learned that the hard way when all I wanted was an oil filter last month.
ygpm
Old May 22, 2008, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mysteryvo
ygpm
nice man, see you got the 240 now, cant wait to check it out in person
Old May 22, 2008, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dexmix
whoah! sounds like you work at NASA....

my goodness tim! hope your women doesn't read the forums
Nope Pollak Aftermarket, I'm just an intern right now. I get all the ***** work, but its a good learning experience. Plus I get free parts. Not that I own any of the cars we build parts for...

Originally Posted by Spins4
Eh..see above post . U?

Oh, and I never updated you guys..cops have seem to take a liking to my Evo apparently. Here is a little break down...

Bought said Evo 11/05 .. up until 3/08 .. pulled over 3 times.
1 speeding ticket..like $85..ya my bad..damn unmarked RI Staties.
1 speeding ticket..Lincoln I think..ya..I saw him..I was in neutral coasting to a stop light right next to where I was working..apparently too fast for his liking
1 time by a North Kingstown cop, just to let me know I had a brake light out, and that he liked the car..go figure.

NOW. Not bad, right?

3/21/08 - Warwick PD. What I should have got:
50 in a 25 on ramp (I can't help it, I was in a bad mood, just had 2 wisdom teeth taken out 2 days prior, plus you guys know how fun bends are ), exhaust, tint, plate covers, oh and I seem to have lost my insurance card ...RI thats a $250 fine alone. Well thanks to my buddies ability to "charm" people over..I ended up with:
1 5 day tag for plate covers (like I don't know anyone at dealerships anymore ).
1 Court summons to prove I had insurance at the time, as opposed to the $250 fine. Which, was great, considering caught took less than an hour of my time, never saw a judge, and no court fees. All in all, cool cop.

4/22/08 - RI State trooper..he is the one I told you guys about following me off the highway, and into a Shell station just for:
1 $75 ticket for plate covers (I know, you think I would learn, but you really think I want to ruin the plates I spent so much for? ).
1 5 day tag for my exhaust, again, no big deal to me.

4/29/08 6:40pm - RI State Trooper..note I put a time, you'll see the significance to that later. Again, in a bad mood. I had JUST got a phone call, telling me that I basically wasn't getting this job that I thought was a sure thing . I'm stressed, still mad about my ticket exactly 1 week prior, and now my girls kids are going to act like little $hitheads..so what do I do..try to hurry up and get home. What did that get me...yup you guessed it..was doing 80 in a 55..gave him the kids sick BS story..comes back with:
1 speeding ticket..but just for 10mph over. How generous. At this point I gave my BS pleased to take the ticket face, when he gives me.."ya, well, I'm just making sure you get home safely"...Now that I already signed for the ticket, I reply.."how is giving me an $85 ticket getting me home safe?..he didn't like that.

4/29/08 7:40pm ... yes you read that right..ONE hour later. We get back to her house. I'm nautious to my stomach at this point. Literally a wreck. So I tell her I am going to take a quick ride alone to cool down. I learned flipping out and going thru like a tornado is too costly. So I reasure her that am not going to do anything stupid. Which at this point, I couldn't even afford to. So I decide to take a ride to Oakland Beach to go for a walk. Honestly. Well, I'm sure alot of you guys may have heard of Iggys Doughboys, and I'm sure some have not. But basically Iggys is at the beach. So, heading down the road RIGHT before it..Warwick cop..sigh. I honestly thought I was dreaming.

Comes up..give him the pile (license, reg, INS), you know, of course its under the other 2 tickets I have filed in my glovebox. Tells me I was doing 37 in a 25. Well, I prob was. Of course he asked what my rush was, so at this point, only thing I come up with is.."I had a craving for doughboys". He chuckles, the ansks me when the last time I was pulled over was..heh. So I look at my flat screen..nearly **** myself when I said exactly one hour ago. He procedes to ask when was the last ticket I got..again I reply.."exactly one hour ago". I gave him the long "whoa is me" ramble of my day..tell him I got hit for doing 65 in a 55..he just tells me to sit tight, and he will be right back. Comes back instantly..no ticket. I could literally see the pity in his face . Tells me have a good night, and enjoy my doughboys.....I didn't even want any damn doughboys!

So, there you have it..up to 7 pullovers with the Evo (bringing my total to 60 something now). A "mere" 3 within 28 1/2 months..and a sad 4 in a mere 32 days.

Ouch... I keep getting nabbed for tints, but not nearly as bad as you. You ever tried puting a clearcoat on your plates? Not sure if it'll work but it'll protect it a bit.. just a thought.

O I also got pulled over for "Aggressively dodging a pothole" in Belmont, MA.. my hometown which is littered with potholes... I even got out of the car to show him the pot hole. Next thing I know i'm getting a ticket for speeding when he was doing a construction detail... 40 in a 35...

But yea Peterfuller closed down, like right after they conned my grandfather (who shouldn't be driving) into buying a lancer ES... I went there hoping to restock on my oil filters and the showrooms were empty..

Last edited by bruce988jl; May 22, 2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old May 22, 2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
nice man, see you got the 240 now, cant wait to check it out in person
it's on a truck heading up here as we speak, i'm psyched. we definately need to do some kind of a meet so i can introduce the 240 to everyone
Old May 22, 2008, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

looks like the next esprit will remain a twin turbo v8 and will be called an esprit

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lotus-esprit.html
Old May 22, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mysteryvo
it's on a truck heading up here as we speak, i'm psyched. we definately need to do some kind of a meet so i can introduce the 240 to everyone
got pictures of it?
Old May 22, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
looks like the next esprit will remain a twin turbo v8 and will be called an esprit

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lotus-esprit.html
i hope they work on the styling a bit more... the esprit looks like its still stuck in the 80s?

I thinks these are better shots of what its gonna look like:

Last edited by EvoBroMA; May 22, 2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old May 22, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
i hope they work on the styling a bit more... the esprit looks like its still stuck in the 80s?
it better be a serious performer... if i were in the market for a lotus, the esprit would have to be pretty intense for me to get it over an exige 240 S. the 240 S is not exactly a slouch.
Old May 22, 2008, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
it better be a serious performer... if i were in the market for a lotus, the esprit would have to be pretty intense for me to get it over an exige 240 S. the 240 S is not exactly a slouch.
i've always lusted over the older esprits. i just think they were such awesome cars- gorgeous. performance was very much understated too- it seems like most people say the car was completely balanced and just did everything well.
Old May 22, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

a guy at emc has a sweeeet 87 turbo 4 esprit.

vegas, my buddy at work is a big mx6 guy. i showed him a picture of ur show car and he said he recognized that and you from another forum haha
Old May 22, 2008, 11:48 AM

i think turco told me about that guy- he has an STi too, right?
Old May 22, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Mikie- wanna find my boost leak for me? I have zero time right now to attempt tracing the issue.

Paul S- I still have that test piece you let me borrow from your friend. Next time I see you I'll give back to you.
Old May 22, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
i think turco told me about that guy- he has an STi too, right?
yup. hes a pretty awesome guy. he actually has a collection of lotus's. i believe he has two more in addition to the esprit. i think he also did the lotus experience at silverstone (hes from england)
Old May 22, 2008, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Mikie- wanna find my boost leak for me? I have zero time right now to attempt tracing the issue.

Paul S- I still have that test piece you let me borrow from your friend. Next time I see you I'll give back to you.
it shouldn't take long to do....have you tried swapping actuators yet? that may be easier....
Old May 22, 2008, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
got pictures of it?

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread