Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul- bummer man, WTF happened? Give us more details!

Marshall...I'll be here prolly past 5 today... grrrrrr

Tim- I could prolly buy a whole case off you, if need be...just lemme know the pricing and i'll try to get back to you ASAP... Lemme know about the 10-30 for the Evo, too... a case would be fine
Old May 23, 2008, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
I'll call around, don't suppose you suggest any specific oils do you? I don't have a manual or anything for the bike, I left it all at the previous owners house since its kinda hard to pick up a bike with rims/tires/books on your back.. haha
Amsoil 20w-50 full synthetic
Old May 23, 2008, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Paul- bummer man, WTF happened? Give us more details!
haha not much to say... i was going 55 in a 55 on 290, and he pulled me over solely for the front plate. f*cking as*hole sat on his cell in his cruiser while i was waiting too that f*ck. like i have time to sit in my car while he chats with his bf about how he wants to get f'ed in the A? then he proceeded to totally b1tch me out for having an RI liscense, threatening criminal charges. apparently RI liscenses aren't good in mass? what is this communist russia?
Old May 23, 2008, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
i knew it would happen eventually. i guess my only issue is why does they have to be such fl4ming a$$holes??? local cops are typically friendly when they give you tickets. are staties required to be a$$holes?

i'm assuming the ticket will get dropped when i put on the front plate... its only 35 bucks anyway if it doesn't, altho it probably counts as a moving violation. i never thought i would get pulled over just for the front plate tho..

anyone got green plates they could give me?
I have only ever been pulled over by two MA statey's (and well over 20 local's). They do seem to be more arragant or whatever, like their sh&t don't stink. I got pulled over in Marlborough for having my foglights on...which is apparantly illegal when there is not fog And then for speeding on the Pike, and the guy did not say two words, just gave me a ticket.

But yeah, throw it back on and they should throw it out.
Old May 23, 2008, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

anyway im gunna have al put on my liscense plate when i get out at 2... unless anyone has a smart idea? i can't think of a way i could get green plates, and i don't think a dash mount would count (nor am i sure i'd want to go that route...)
Old May 23, 2008, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Jason- Shell Advance is my personal favorite for running in the 600cc bikes. It can be harder to locate though. If you want, I can get you some AMSOIL on the order I will place today. I need some regardless, and I run 20W-50 in my 600RR because I beat the shi+ out of it. I spend a lot of time pushing that needle to 15+K Fun times

Well, if you guys want, I can get a larger order placed to save $$.

Marshall, is that your way of saying you want some too...???

I'll post up pricing in a bit on the select grades....I gotta run to one of my defunct wholesale accounts to collect $$$$
Old May 23, 2008, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

anyway im gunna have al put on my liscense plate when i get out at 2... unless anyone has a smart idea? i can't think of a way i could get green plates, and i don't think a dash mount would count (nor am i sure i'd want to go that route...)
Leave your plate and plate bracket on the back seat. If you get pulled over, tell said uniformed man that you are awaiting the mounting harware to come in from the dealership....he/she will see it on the back seat and know you are "on top of teh issue"
Old May 23, 2008, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

does anyone know for sure if i could swap plates w/ someone that isn't a family member and has green plates?
Old May 23, 2008, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

No, I thought it had to be family or a sale of the green-plated vehicle to you. but i am really not sure.
Old May 23, 2008, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Jason- Shell Advance is my personal favorite for running in the 600cc bikes. It can be harder to locate though. If you want, I can get you some AMSOIL on the order I will place today. I need some regardless, and I run 20W-50 in my 600RR because I beat the shi+ out of it. I spend a lot of time pushing that needle to 15+K Fun times

I'll post up pricing in a bit on the select grades....I gotta run to one of my defunct wholesale accounts to collect $$$$
No, unfortunately. I sold my bike a few weeks ago
Old May 23, 2008, 06:54 AM

Leave your plate and plate bracket on the back seat. If you get pulled over, tell said uniformed man that you are awaiting the mounting harware to come in from the dealership....he/she will see it on the back seat and know you are "on top of teh issue"
I got pulled over in my Eclipse with the plate on my dash at least 6 times and not one cop said anything. Looking back though, it is pretty stupid. If you were ever in an accident, that thing is coming for your throat!

One of my buddies used the excuse that hoodlums ripped it off. The cop actually was like "Well don't feel bad, they did the same to mine. Have a good day!"

I know it does not look 'good', but at least it is off to the side and not blocking airflow. And as far as going green, I believe it does need to be a family member (in the same house). I don't think you can transfer plates otherwise. I would personally just put it on
Old May 23, 2008, 06:57 AM

ok is my turn to rant today...

why is it that all mass staties are HUGE **** smokeing f4ggots? every single one acts like you f*cking murdered someone for minor offenses... f*cking a$$hat ****. well it looks like the front plate is going back on teh evo and i have to finally go get my mass license. it just amazes me how pissed off someone can get over a 35 dollar front plate violation... unreal. i would honestly love to see a mass statie crash head on into a brick wall... ghey.
so you broke two laws and got busted for them and now you are complaining....

did you get frisked or something?
Old May 23, 2008, 06:59 AM

haha not much to say... i was going 55 in a 55 on 290, and he pulled me over solely for the front plate. f*cking as*hole sat on his cell in his cruiser while i was waiting too that f*ck. like i have time to sit in my car while he chats with his bf about how he wants to get f'ed in the A? then he proceeded to totally b1tch me out for having an RI liscense, threatening criminal charges. apparently RI liscenses aren't good in mass? what is this communist russia?
that's probably why he was being a dick. you need a license for the state in which you live. otherwise, people do things like register cars out of state to avoid taxes and whatnot. that's a big no-no.
Old May 23, 2008, 07:01 AM

does anyone know for sure if i could swap plates w/ someone that isn't a family member and has green plates?
i don't think you can just swap plate- not positive. but i think the deal is that when you relinquish a plate, you have to give it back to the rmv. you could check the mass rmv website for details though- it's actually got most of the info there.
Old May 23, 2008, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in. If you could order me enough for two oil changes, if you say that oil filters are availible anywhere I can just order it around my area I just need to open my eyes. However if you can get them for a better price than I can in boston then hook a bro up! haha

I don't know what level of amsoil I should run though, I don't really redline the bike all too much, normally around 5-11K tops... I haven't gone faster than 90 yet...

PS I'm in for the forest rally, I just need to check my schedule.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread