Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dexmix
LOL.

BEZ is the mad russian hacker, thats probably the most familiar with the Evo ECU. 88890015 is the latest stock ROM version for the Evo9, and he has a large chunk of the code commented. so i downloaded the file, but my disassembly program doesn't recognize it.
I know, it wasn't really all that confusing. I just figured you deserved a nonsensical reply following your "mad technical" post.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by avengerhed
I know, it wasn't really all that confusing. I just figured you deserved a nonsensical reply following your "mad technical" post.
ARR!!!

Q: What does a Dyslexic Pirate Say?
A: RRAAAAAAAAAAA!

anyway, did you guys see this already? Evo X
its slower in a straight line, and it pisses me off that there's no slalom speed in the review! Then we would at least know if the new AWD system makes up for it being porkier.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Hm..Kind of weary about bringing the Evo in to work..there's mad construction going on around here, including across the street and the parking lot I park at...I'll see what I can do, if worse comes to worse we photo your car and I'll have the crappy subbie, and we could maybe grab dinner in town or around my house or something...
Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Sure man, sounds gooooood
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
oh your car will be fine. Gotta let the baby go into the big bad city at some point.

Dex let me know if you can get that code to work. I am not really good with low level stuff like that but if you need another head to give ideas.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

ARR!!!

its slower in a straight line, and it pisses me off that there's no slalom speed in the review! Then we would at least know if the new AWD system makes up for it being porkier.
It does appear that they have shifted their target market slightly...the question is...for the price, will you be getting a super-quick, super-handling, japanese sedan that you'll be able to drive to work and enjoy as a daily commuter?

it seems like the car's no longer targeted to the hardcore racer (or ricer) but that doesn't mean that it won't still perform and that certainly doesn't have to be a bad thing... i'd love to have a more refined, AWD, BMW-beater in my garage right next to the VIII. They're just build for different purposes...
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

ARR!!!

Every time I see another article about the X, it makes me love mine even more!
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=MR Turco;4778658]oh your car will be fine. Gotta let the baby go into the big bad city at some point.

My Evo has been in the city a number of times, but that's why I have a subie as a daily driver, why put undo liability and stress on the Evo if I dont have to
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

But my complaint is if you want to go in such a different direction with the car then dont use the platform dave described (ricer racer). Make a new model. Dont try to use the success of a model that a certain market has known what they are getting, eliminate its core values and make it into something it isn't. I just think they have gone off the reserve with what makes and Evo an Evo. Otherwise, i have no hard feelings on the issue.

There is a lot of speculation, I think everyone, including myself, is just overly eager to see a final product so they can make concrete judgments.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

[QUOTE=MyEvoDream;4778684]
Originally Posted by MR Turco
oh your car will be fine. Gotta let the baby go into the big bad city at some point.

My Evo has been in the city a number of times, but that's why I have a subie as a daily driver, why put undo liability and stress on the Evo if I dont have to
Hey you are talking to the kid that doesn't drive his evo to his suburbian office. I just dont like expensive gasoline and the fact that it is a boring drive where i dont get to enjoy the car.
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paul, you're evos fine to go in the city!! I drive mine in everyday w/ no problems!!! hah... Just never part on streets but you already know that.
Evolved Member

yea, agreed...until I drive one, all I can go by is figures, looks and opinions... but it'll just be REALLY hard to beat what we have now...

Last edited by MyEvoDream; Sep 24, 2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=MR Turco;4778692]
Originally Posted by MyEvoDream

Hey you are talking to the kid that doesn't drive his evo to his suburbian office. I just dont like expensive gasoline and the fact that it is a boring drive where i dont get to enjoy the car.
Man, what's with EvoM today, half the posts arent posting properly or at all, I'm seeing new comments every time I go to the page that weren't there before...
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:31 AM

sorry for the off-topic... if there is one..lol. but, my stock clutch is starting to slip @ 32K. i have no idea how much longer it'll last. so now i need some help from the evo owners in MA. i've decided on the ACT clutch. What reputable shops is there in MA that does clutch jobs? and will it be cheaper for me to get the clutch from here(EvoM)/online and pay for the labor... or pay for everything at a shop. once i get this done with... and my warrantee work... i would love to roll wit u guyz... i dont have much friends anymore... ppl from lowell sucks. im originally from Atlanta. i would appreciate any help... if there is any.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

First I'd say dont go ACT, heard they're not really that great for the Evo, I heard Exedy is better, may want to research that...and probably DSG for the install...imo...

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread