Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know your financial situation, but I personally would not even think about it unless the VIII was paid off. If it is, then yes, I would certainly look into it Although I think I would wait until the SST is released
Old Jun 6, 2008, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
I don't know your financial situation, but I personally would not even think about it unless the VIII was paid off. If it is, then yes, I would certainly look into it Although I think I would wait until the SST is released
Financial situation is aight...and doing some quick math with employee discounting...what I could possibly get for my 8 minus what I owe (could make one hell of a down payment)...it could be quite possible.

I would actually need to sit down with the finance guy here and see what the bottom line price would be before doing anything obviously...but "ballparking" it...hmmmm...naturally it would be more...just how much more is the question .

Don't get me wrong, I do LOVE my Evo...but between driving it WAY too damn much and what not...she is starting to show her age.

On another note..my g/f really is pondering having me find her an 8. I told her if she looks hard enough you can scoop them for $18k-ish or less if you really look. She already said once her car craps out she is going to see if she can find a co-signer and try to get one. Ideally I would love to put mine back to almost stock, sell it to her, get the X...then I technically have both .
Old Jun 6, 2008, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spins4
On another note..my g/f really is pondering having me find her an 8. I told her if she looks hard enough you can scoop them for $18k-ish or less if you really look. She already said once her car craps out she is going to see if she can find a co-signer and try to get one. Ideally I would love to put mine back to almost stock, sell it to her, get the X...then I technically have both .
Sounds like a good deal to me. Might be better that way too cause then you know she has a reliable car and you know the history instead of buying a used evo that could have been pretty beat on in the past... My buddy but a used sti and it was beat to crap, things started breaking after 6 months and such.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:02 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce988jl
Sounds like a good deal to me. Might be better that way too cause then you know she has a reliable car and you know the history instead of buying a used evo that could have been pretty beat on in the past... My buddy but a used sti and it was beat to crap, things started breaking after 6 months and such.
The reliable car where the gas pedal breaks when you use it, or when you drive normally and the paint chips off in 500 miles, or the car that has TWO factory reflashes in the first 2 months of release. I dont know about anyone else but i consistently beat the crap out of my car without issue. Dex, can you agree?
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:16 AM

don't get a 240, they don't make it into steep driveways
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
The reliable car where the gas pedal breaks when you use it, or when you drive normally and the paint chips off in 500 miles, or the car that has TWO factory reflashes in the first 2 months of release. I dont know about anyone else but i consistently beat the crap out of my car without issue. Dex, can you agree?
Exactly why I would at least wait until the next model year. Give them time to work out the bugs. Besides, you could wait for the Ralliart and save $10k
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Exactly why I would at least wait until the next model year. Give them time to work out the bugs. Besides, you could wait for the Ralliart and save $10k
Hmm..true! AND the Ralliart comes in orange!
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Hmm..true! AND the Ralliart comes in orange!
i love the orange. I would consider a ralliart
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wasn't saying the evo x was reliable.. I was saying the evo 8 was. I've heard a lot of issues with the new x's and on top of that I hate the ground effects package it has as an option.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

So i was just forwarded a job opening in engineering by a buddy, hrmmmm. I doubt my boss would let me leave though :/
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

turcos u should only be loyal to a degree. go with what makes u happy and whats best for you
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:59 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
turcos u should only be loyal to a degree. go with what makes u happy and whats best for you
yeah the problem is i would still have to interact heavily with my current group so i can't afford to have bad blood.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Mmmmmm ... AND has a sunroof ... but that chrome on the front has to go.....and believe it or not..I actually like the rims better than the X ones..

Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

ralliart would be bad ***. i say wait for the rumored 5spd version...
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Mmmmmm ... AND has a sunroof ... but that chrome on the front has to go.....and believe it or not..I actually like the rims better than the X ones..
I believe it because i agree, the GSR rims anyway. The chrome I would black out and call it a day. Some VHT tint spray would make that chrome look SO good.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread