Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

upstate NY evo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2007, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
upstate NY evo

hey whats going on, im moving to NY in sept, ballston spa, by saratoga springs. i hear its a pretty dull community.i was wondering if anyone lives out there or at least knows where there's a track, thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:53 PM

Hey man I used to live in Schenectady/ Niskayuna. Its a little duller in balston spa but Albany is the **** so is saratoga. Granted its not Miami but hey your not movin farther north than that your straight. Lebanon Valley dragway prob like an hour from you and there are scca autox not to far away either (your the Mohawk/ Hudson region) so hey keep in touch and maybe ill see you up there
Old Jun 26, 2007, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

I live just north of where you'll be, and ya as dntdrvslow said, Lebanon Valley is the closest drag that I've heard of. I haven't been yet, but I just ordered a Buschur stage 1-4 & and o2 housing today, so I'm looking to hopefully make it down there after the install is complete to see what the car will run.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Oh, I just noticed your sig. Are you getting stationed up here? Just curious cause I was a corpsman from 95-00, and my wife still is. She's an HM1, and runs the medical dept for all the Navy Reservists in the NE NY and part of Vermont. She's currently stationed in Albany.

Anyways, welcome to the area. We moved here from Pensacola, FL and miss it terribly. UpstateEvoVIII has coordinated a few evo get togethers, maybe there will be one soon.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry it took me so long to chime in here, been busy! I wouldn't consider Ballston Spa a "dull" community. It's conveniently located between Albany and Saratoga. Both of which are very nice cities and have lots of attractions. (See: Bars, schools, women, ect... ) You are also only a half hour or so from Lake George, another very nice summertime city that attracts a lot of tourism and presents plenty to do durring the summer months. Saratoga is amazing in the summer time when the racetrack is open, even if you aren't into horse racing. SO much going on and tons to do. I personally live in Saratoga and find it to be a very fun place. Moving on. If you're into motorsports, you're moving into a bit of a hub. Lime Rock Park is only an hour and a half away, Pocono International is a couple hours, Watkins Glen International is a couple hours (A MUST VISIT!), and Pocono is a bit further, but still an easy drive. That is, if you're into track racing. There are many associations that organize events at these facilities. BMW CCA, PCA, SCDA. Also, you will be locating to the Mo-Hud region of SCCA. We have a couple of locations that we auto-x at and always have a good time. If drag racing is your thing, Lebanon Valley is but an hour away. They don't have the best facilities in the Northeast but its' fun on a Wed night or Sat morning to attend a test and tune and see how your car is running. Also on Wed nights they offer Pro-Street bracket racing with cash prizes and a seasonal points pool. I try to get local Evo owners together at least once a month, though more often than not it seems to be the same handful of people that attend the meets. Hopefully we'll be able to get some more stuff organized as the season goes on. Please don't be a stranger and post up when you arrive! Always nice to have other enthusiasts in the area.

Regards,

Justin
Old Aug 2, 2007, 10:08 AM

everyone, iu appreciate the replies and look forward to the move