Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Any Tuner in the Tri-State/NE want to tackle an E85 Tune?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Tuner in the Tri-State/NE want to tackle an E85 Tune?

Just wondering if there is anybody in the northeast(NJ/PA/NY/wherever) that is in relative close proximity to Norther Jersey that would be interested/willing in doing an E85 tune anytime soon?

My car is a built 2.3 with a GT35R, all the supporting mods so I am hoping for some decent numbers, jut having trouble on choosing where to go and was wondering if there were any tuners that would really like to see what E85 can do?

Scorke
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

interested. Bump
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

bump...I just wish CT had E85
Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys, it's a matter of time and lobbying by our ag sector before every state at least offers it at a couple pumps.

All new governmental vehicles are going to be flex fuel by 2k8 I believe so it has to happen soon

Scorke
Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

If you contact Seth @ Moon Performance I'm sure he'd happily lend a hand. They're in Lake Placid so it's probably a 5-6 hour drive from Northern NJ. Hope this helps.

P.S. I have an ATP kit so that probably means you hate me and will never listen to me LOL! I miss reading your threads with SmokinJoe
Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UpstateEVOVIII
If you contact Seth @ Moon Performance I'm sure he'd happily lend a hand. They're in Lake Placid so it's probably a 5-6 hour drive from Northern NJ. Hope this helps.

P.S. I have an ATP kit so that probably means you hate me and will never listen to me LOL! I miss reading your threads with SmokinJoe

Hahah, thanks for the heads up, I'll check out there websites.

Nothing wrong with running an ATP kit if you cannot afford a nicer one, they still offer performance just compaired to everything else out there, they are lacking.

Smokinjoe was hilarious, I would of been much kinder with him if he didn't scam me twice, I bought a set of 100 dollar spacers from him that he ran on his race car, then when I tried to put them on my car they wouldn't fit, so he agreed to get them machined so I could run them, nice CNC'd AL 10 mm spacers, hubcentric.

I wait 3 months and get 4 pepboys 10 dollar spacers.... dude was a hack....

Scorke
Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Money wasn't the issue, I'm just the one off type that likes to try things that may not be done by others. Overall with the stuff I've put on the car I'm fairly happy with the performance. My powerband is slightly shifter to the right in comparison to a buschur/ams kit but I was able to make (what I feel to be) good power numbers up at moon. They're in lake placid so there's a lot of elevation to consider and it was also done on a Mustang. 411whp 370wtq. No complaints out of this guy.

I'm surprised to hear that about SmokinJoe. From what I had read/understood he had a reputation as an upstanding gentleman in the evo community. Just goes tos how you you can't always believe what you read.

You're only about 2-3 hours from where I work in Albany, you should try to come up on the 19th for the Albany Area meet. Should have a couple hundred cars and would love to be able to check out your Vishnu kit and your stroker setup.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

is E85 even available in our area?
Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UpstateEVOVIII
Money wasn't the issue, I'm just the one off type that likes to try things that may not be done by others. Overall with the stuff I've put on the car I'm fairly happy with the performance. My powerband is slightly shifter to the right in comparison to a buschur/ams kit but I was able to make (what I feel to be) good power numbers up at moon. They're in lake placid so there's a lot of elevation to consider and it was also done on a Mustang. 411whp 370wtq. No complaints out of this guy.

I'm surprised to hear that about SmokinJoe. From what I had read/understood he had a reputation as an upstanding gentleman in the evo community. Just goes tos how you you can't always believe what you read.

You're only about 2-3 hours from where I work in Albany, you should try to come up on the 19th for the Albany Area meet. Should have a couple hundred cars and would love to be able to check out your Vishnu kit and your stroker setup.
Vishu kit is long gone , I like you like to do my own thing and pieced together/fabbed my own kit based off of the HAFE/SBR/RRE Cast manifold.

Rez, no its not, I get it down at college in SC, I brought 15 gallons up with me for a tune though.

Scorke
Old Jul 27, 2007, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Nobody?

Scorke
Old Jul 27, 2007, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
you shouldn't run like 2000 miles with all kind of adds on engine treatments before you switch to E85?
Where you can get E85 in Jersey?
Old Jul 27, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rez90
is E85 even available in our area?

Originally Posted by scorke

Rez, no its not, I get it down at college in SC, I brought 15 gallons up with me for a tune though.

Scorke

Who told you about 2000 miles of all kinds of additives? Sounds like a joker to me

scorke
Old Jul 27, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
, I brought 15 gallons up with me for a tune though.

Scorke

what were you transporting this fuel in?
Old Jul 28, 2007, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

a fuel cell.

Scorke
Old Jul 28, 2007, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they have e85 right in philly which would be soo much closer the SC.....Why dont you call Sean Ivey or Turbo Trix up....mayb they will be able to tune e85 andf they are both in north jersey

Quick Reply: Any Tuner in the Tri-State/NE want to tackle an E85 Tune?