Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

stolen evo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2007, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
Forgive me of my ignorance, but don't the Evo's have an immobilizer in the key itself?

Did you bother to read the thread? He left the keys in the car to warm it up.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 03:02 PM

Insurance companies don't usually pay out when the keys are left in an unlocked (even running) vehicle. With no concern to safeguard you own assets, I wouldn't be surprised if your claim got shot down. Good luck.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
Forgive me of my ignorance, but don't the Evo's have an immobilizer in the key itself? How can they just drive off with it w/o the key in the ignition?

Sorry to hear about your loss!
reading>you
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:55 PM

I would like to say sorry to hear about your bad luck man but something doesn't sound right here... What person leaves the keys in it running in queens ? did you by chance have a flashing red light above it flashing steal me I'm heavily insured...Just my opinion....
Old Oct 29, 2007, 11:53 PM

ok... once again i work in long island and in a private parking lot where my car is no less than 15 feet away from me. i work valet and towards the end of the night i went to warm up my car while i stepped away for a min to get a customers car and by the time i got back my car was driving away. this was a plan robbery they knew who i was cus all it took was a minute for them to take it. and usually theres a lot of my co-workers around my car so i thought nuthing of it. thats how it got stolen. NOT by leaving my car go to sumwhere far, but my sum douches who been planging to steal it.

Insurance companies don't usually pay out when the keys are left in an unlocked (even running) vehicle. With no concern to safeguard you own assets, I wouldn't be surprised if your claim got shot down. Good luck.

i seriously hope your wrong about that ......
Old Oct 30, 2007, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by GeToFFmE
haha if i was on it wouldnt u think i would wait for my payments to finish? and depart my car first? i am sad but im not gonna cry and moan about it. i told the cop all about this so im sure they'll do all this.

when u say things like that there not gonna take you serious. obviously u should call your insurence guys and fallow up on your car....
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:43 PM

apparantly u didnt read this right or u didnt read this whole thread correctly. pleae dont make dumb statments
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear...Hopefully the police will do something about it, just hope that they didnt part the car out yet.. Keep your eyes and your ears open... again Good luck!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dubius
Quoted for truth. Good luck to the OP
Old Oct 30, 2007, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear dude i've been hear alot about auto thefts My friends car got stolen right in front of his house.... hope yours comes back in one piece GL
Old Oct 30, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

how do they steal it aside from leaving keys in the car. I hear alot of misfortunes that Evolutions get stolen . I thought our cars come with laser keys or something along the lines of theft proof right ?
Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

This sucks man. Don't worry - things happen for a reason and what goes around comes around.
It's not uncommon for someone to start their vehicle and then have to step away from it for two seconds. It's not like you left the doors wide open and went inside a restaurant to have a meal.
These guys were watching you and pounced. They took advantage of you and STOLE your vehicle. I'm sure you've warmed it up the same way a dozen times before this.
Don't let the insurance company squirm out of this.
Best of luck, I'll keep my eyes open bro.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:13 PM

It's not uncommon for someone to start their vehicle and then have to step away from it for two seconds. It's not like you left the doors wide open and went inside a restaurant to have a meal.
These guys were watching you and pounced. They took advantage of you and STOLE your vehicle. I'm sure you've warmed it up the same way a dozen times before this.

thank u for understanding plus this was at work... which has a private lot... and i been there for like 3 years so they were just waint to see ym habits... PEOPLE start changing your habits ~!~!but i am sad that i ll never hear my turbo again....
Old Oct 30, 2007, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

but i think there is a difference between warming your engine up while you close your front door and walking away (at work) to go get a customers car.....i always warm my car up but im not gonna do it at the mall, hotel, or somewhere like that (and walk away)
Old Oct 30, 2007, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To the OP, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, as a matter of fact you had valet parked my yellow EVO once over the summer, last summer. My boss was getting married at the Chateau Braind and I was insistant on parking my EVO myself, but then I think you came up and told me you owned an EVO also, which i do remember seeing, a silver evo, parked up front, which put me at ease... but man, that sucks that your car got stolen.

But anyway, no use in saying you shoulda done this or that but, if I had to do it all over again, I would just use my cars Turbo timer to warm up the car, set it to idle for like 5-10 minutes or whatever, and leave the doors and windows locked.

Quick Reply: stolen evo