Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Two Thumbs Up For DSG in Norwood, MA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2007, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Thumbs Up For DSG in Norwood, MA

I just wanted to drop a positive line for a shop that well deserves it. I had brought my car to DSG (dent sport garage) for a clutch swap and got fantastic feedback, suggestions and overall inspection of the car.

Let me start by saying that my car went through a bad accident where I slammed into a curb, hit a pole and the suspension on the left side buckeled, it just came out of the body shop 2 months ago. BTW that shop is terrible, mechanically speaking; its called Executive Auto Body in Somerville, MA. They screwed up a bunch of stuff when dealing with the mechanical repairs of the car after the accident, although the bodywork was very good.

After they dropped the tranny for the clutch swap they found a ton of things wrong, this is from an email from Alex at DSG,
The band clamps on the IC pipes are at their maximum and the couplers
are still loose
We found an after maf leak which could lead to a lean run condition (on
the intake pipe)
Radiator has JB weld in it to stop a leak
Transmission mount had 1 of 3 bolts holding it on subsequently breaking
the mount off the transmission casting

No crushwashers evident on trans or transfer case
output shaft is stuck on passenger side front axle
I asked them to fix as much as they could and they suggested that I call my insurance to see if that tranmission casing could be covered under that same claim for the accident. Unfortunately, the insurance denied the claim. After much deliberation, I decided to have them swap the casing and at the same time change out all the synchro's in the transmission.

After 3 weeks of going through insurance, ordering parts, and doing the labor to fix EVERTHING wrong with the car it came back perfect with everything fixed, all of the boost leaks closed and everything else carefully inspected. Most importantly the service was top notch, there wasn't any feeling of some grimy shop guys trying to get you to pay for un-needed parts.

Two thumbs WAAYYY up DSG, thanks and everyone will get a recommendation from me.

-Alex

BTW if any of the guys from the shop read this, i figured out why my boost guage wasnt working and why the check engine light came on. It was kinda a goof up on ur side but no big deal. Thanks again.

Last edited by shiftdsm E; Nov 23, 2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 22, 2007, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I hear nothing but good about DSG. I wish I lived closer to them. Good luck with your newly fixed Evo.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

finally Alex your car is back on the road and problem free

-brian
Old Nov 23, 2007, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DreamsOfEvo
finally Alex your car is back on the road and problem free

-brian
hahaha, yea about time huh?
Old Nov 23, 2007, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

im about to call dsg anytime now for a few things... they are good guys.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have recently started hearing nothing but A+++ reviews about DSG. never researched them prior. I am tossing around the idea of getting on the rollers and trying to get my 50trim tuned in so I can get my traps up better
Old Nov 23, 2007, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank goodness they're around to fix everything I BREAK. Good to hear more good reviews.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 10:24 PM

I hung around with the guys there one Saturday afternoon (I believe Nick and Matt was there). Great guys!

As soon as I have money to mod my car, I'm going straight to them for all my Evo needs!
Old Nov 30, 2007, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

great guys, great shop - not only are they extremely knowledgeable with evos, stis, and 240s, but also hondas, toyotas and such- so tell your friends- honda guys have told me they have the best tuner on the entire east coast
Derek
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thatsMR2u
great guys, great shop - not only are they extremely knowledgeable with evos, stis, and 240s, but also hondas, toyotas and such- so tell your friends- honda guys have told me they have the best tuner on the entire east coast
Derek
yup very true, and they are also up front about the limits of their knowledge or more specifically experience. when we had decided to rebuild my tranny they let me know in advance that they generally don't work on evo trannies, they have far more experience with suby trannies. However, they were confident that there shouldnt be any problems and if there were any they would take care of them.
So far so good though, no complaints. Tranny feels like a champ.

I suppose that the biggest reason that I'm impressed is because im not used to seeing full disclosure from shops.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nothing but solid service from Bill, Alex, Matt, and the crew at DSG in my experiences. They will continue to be my shop of choice...they've earned my business and trust.