Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

New england dragway

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by j14mp
It was slipping for a long time that night too. I managed a 12.3. I was hoping for an 11.9 but noooooo the clutch had to be a lil girl and go on me haha but made it home like a champ!

Also, when I go to the track, I take no breaks haha The first day I went for the season, I was literally the ONLY person there for the last couple hours. I took no breaks and banged out 23 runs in an hour so that didn't help haha Then the next time I went I got 6 runs in. So I had about 29 launches.
ok that makes sense... 23 runs in a row will seriously kill a stock clutch!
my 50 runs were spread out over a year. and if i didn't have the restrictor pill - it would have taken more.
Old May 1, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dexmix
ok that makes sense... 23 runs in a row will seriously kill a stock clutch!
my 50 runs were spread out over a year. and if i didn't have the restrictor pill - it would have taken more.
50 in a year? when you ready to take that skirt off?
Old May 1, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
50 in a year? when you ready to take that skirt off?
where in boston do you live? are there ANY evos in boston? im out there 3 times a week on newbury street lol i dont drive there though.

its embaressing to have my lil old evo with aston martins, ferraris and lamborghinis surrounding me haha.. I cant even say im faster then them either cause im not lol
Old May 2, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by j14mp
where in boston do you live? are there ANY evos in boston? im out there 3 times a week on newbury street lol i dont drive there though.

its embaressing to have my lil old evo with aston martins, ferraris and lamborghinis surrounding me haha.. I cant even say im faster then them either cause im not lol
Live in Belmont, work in Brighton

I was the same way in Vegas. I had people driving Bentleys and Ferrari's going into my neighborhood every day.
Old May 2, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Live in Belmont, work in Brighton

I was the same way in Vegas. I had people driving Bentleys and Ferrari's going into my neighborhood every day.
I see bentleys like ever 5 feet on newbury street lol there was a siiiiiick dark gray f430 there yesterday with a tubi exhuast (the tips had the swirls that how i could tell)... yea im still in a dream land haha
Old May 2, 2008, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

well im not having the dealershop do any installs for me way to much money but i have a great machanic that will do it for 300$ for me which im fine with paying that and like erratic evo said to get a loan lol im only gonna spend money that i can pay for on the spot lol im in debt enough from my car alone well it looks like ill be going with the act but should i get the kit with the flywheel or just keep the stock one
Old May 2, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silver9mr
well im not having the dealershop do any installs for me way to much money but i have a great machanic that will do it for 300$ for me which im fine with paying that and like erratic evo said to get a loan lol im only gonna spend money that i can pay for on the spot lol im in debt enough from my car alone well it looks like ill be going with the act but should i get the kit with the flywheel or just keep the stock one
hopefully you're friend knows how to replace a clutch without screwing up your ACD. also don't get a twin-disk unless you know someone that has experience installing them, so ACT is probably your best bet - i've just heard too many lockout issues with them. Marshall is on here and he's having the same issues.

edit: the only reason i am an exedy twin (SD/HD ceremetallic) believer is because it lets you shift super fast, without having to disengage the clutch all the way. by the time my foot reaches the release point of the clutch, i already have it in the next gear.

Last edited by EvoBroMA; May 2, 2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old May 2, 2008, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

lockout issues? can u explain i never heard of it what happens when it locks out and is it due to incorrect install and im not worried about my machanic he is the michael jordan of fixing cars hahah
Old May 2, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silver9mr
lockout issues? can u explain i never heard of it what happens when it locks out and is it due to incorrect install and im not worried about my machanic he is the michael jordan of fixing cars hahah
i don't think its install error, there's just too many cases of high rpm lockout.
just do a search on "ACT lockout" there's plenty of threads to find. there are some people that claim to have fixed their lockout issues with adjustment, but you have to actually shift at high rpm to test your adjustment.

lots of people have success with ACTs though so its really a personal choice.

twin disks are noisy, they rattle and chatter like crazy when you first break it in, and when its at the end of its life, but the shift feel is awesome. no lockout at any rpm, and the pedal pressure isn't much worse than stock. and its $$$$$ (also you don't have to have the clutch fully disengaged at will still go into gear)

so if your on a budget - you don't really have a choice, but i won't go with another clutch.

Last edited by EvoBroMA; May 2, 2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old May 2, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

if you drag race the car and want to shift faster than before, twin disc is the way to go. I wouldnt do anything else
Old May 2, 2008, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

if you drag race the car and want to shift faster than before, twin disc is the way to go. I wouldnt do anything else
yea i drag it but im not looking into going broke to get the twin disk i would love to have if i had the extra money but unfortunatly i just cant afford it now maby in a year or 2 when i make more money lol and by than ill have more go fast parts and will probly need one
Old May 2, 2008, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by dexmix
i don't think its install error, there's just too many cases of high rpm lockout.
just do a search on "ACT lockout" there's plenty of threads to find. there are some people that claim to have fixed their lockout issues with adjustment, but you have to actually shift at high rpm to test your adjustment.

lots of people have success with ACTs though so its really a personal choice.

twin disks are noisy, they rattle and chatter like crazy when you first break it in, and when its at the end of its life, but the shift feel is awesome. no lockout at any rpm, and the pedal pressure isn't much worse than stock. and its $$$$$ (also you don't have to have the clutch fully disengaged at will still go into gear)

so if your on a budget - you don't really have a choice, but i won't go with another clutch.
spec make a nice stage 3 which i just put in today. All i have to say is engagement is very harsh. So harsh I chirp first gear when i launch and second.
Old May 2, 2008, 09:39 PM

then go with whatever fits the budget, your money. Just make sure whomever puts the clutch in knows what their doing. We all wish we had more dough to toss into our rides, gotta make the best of it with what we gotz.
Old May 3, 2008, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboTc
spec make a nice stage 3 which i just put in today. All i have to say is engagement is very harsh. So harsh I chirp first gear when i launch and second.
I have a spec on my mazda, not to bad, seems similar to the act hd street disc

Originally Posted by erratic evo
then go with whatever fits the budget, your money. Just make sure whomever puts the clutch in knows what their doing. We all wish we had more dough to toss into our rides, gotta make the best of it with what we gotz.
i do believe in going with ones budget, if you saw my cost/hp ratio you would be like , but when it comes to parts that are hard to get to, i think saving up and spending a few bucks more goes a long way ie.(clutch, pistons/rods, etc.)
especially if you dont do your own work. The $300-$500 for install now and then again when you change out the clutch for the better one next year will then actually cost more.
I just personally would never go with an ACT clutch for drag racing... street driving yes.
I like to be able to shift fast and at high rpm.... just my $.02 though
good luck with whatever you do.
Old May 3, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

i have an act and know plenty of people with them. none of us have had any problems. awsome clutch.

Quick Reply: New england dragway