Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

New england dragway

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2008, 08:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My rev limiter is 7800 stock longblock.

Jamie i want low 12s which i think i can hit. Maybe i will remove the spare tire next time i go, oh and lower my tire pressure below 35psi
Old Oct 5, 2008, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MR Turco
My rev limiter is 7800 stock longblock.

Jamie i want low 12s which i think i can hit. Maybe i will remove the spare tire next time i go, oh and lower my tire pressure below 35psi
well, removing your spare and lowering your pressure won't shave .6 seconds off your car but with your mods, good driving and a great tune a 12.5 is definitely feasible. Since you have the IX turbo you can flow a lot more than me and I hit 12.5 with your mods last year.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I should have added getting NLTS turned on as well.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turco, i think you can hit 12.5 as the car sits now. Just needs more seat time.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

FWIW, I ran my stock evo block and head to 8500 rpm on nitrous for a whole season. The DSM motors can take it, but I don't recomend everyone do it their EVOs. Just another data point for the discussion.

Jamie, all you need is traction. Bring that thing down to Jersey next weekend and put it in the 11s.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kjewer1
Jamie, all you need is traction. Bring that thing down to Jersey next weekend and put it in the 11s.
God i wish,lol. I was lucky to afford the gas and entry fee's for NED before the end of the season. Besides, isn't it a 2 day thing? we certainly can't afford a motel and stuff. Next year I guess I'll try to score a IX turbo and some weight reduction. The 12.2 was at 3276lbs. with me in it. The car came witha 44lb Optima RedTop battery (for sale if anyone wants one) so I think I might be able to shave a good 50-100lbs off of the car while still keeping it in daily driven trim. There are a couple guys on NEDSM that hit mid 11's and i wanna get to that area on a stock turbo.

I need to find the proper shift points for my powerband, I shifted at 7500 in every gear to hit 12.2 but I never get enough passes to try a lower RPM to see if my powerband is stronger down lower. NED is getting rediculous with breakdowns and delays. Takes them way too long to get the track opened up again.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also upset I didn't get into the 11s. I should have went on Saturday. I heard the track prep was much better plus the weather was perfect. The 12.3 will just haunt me till next year, I guess.

I also need a fmic badly.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

yea the track prep was good but like Jack of Trades said ''NED is getting rediculous with breakdowns and delays. Takes them way too long to get the track opened up again.'' it was the same saturday way too many honda's breaking ect..
Old Oct 5, 2008, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sad I won't get to make any more runs this year due to having to break in my new engine when I get the car back (hopefully) this week.

Oh well, I wanted to break into the 11's where I'm at right now before I add any mods over the winter, guess I'll just do it next year. Maybe I should just wait to mod more until late spring???
Old Oct 5, 2008, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't be too quick to complain about the time NED spends to get the track back to us. I'd rather they take the time and make it as safe as possible. After my first run that nearly ended my racing career prematurely, they can take all the time they want. In fact, I was the last car to run before they started to prep the far end of the track at lunch time. They sent the scooter down to inspect the top end. Any time a car goes sideways at 800 feet or so, they should be looking at it IMO. NED is a very safe track overall, and I'm grateful for that. I do wish they would prep the track better for import events, but with the **** poor turnout for every date this year, I don't blame them for not spending the cash...
Old Oct 5, 2008, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kjewer1
I wouldn't be too quick to complain about the time NED spends to get the track back to us. I'd rather they take the time and make it as safe as possible. After my first run that nearly ended my racing career prematurely, they can take all the time they want. In fact, I was the last car to run before they started to prep the far end of the track at lunch time. They sent the scooter down to inspect the top end. Any time a car goes sideways at 800 feet or so, they should be looking at it IMO. NED is a very safe track overall, and I'm grateful for that. I do wish they would prep the track better for import events, but with the **** poor turnout for every date this year, I don't blame them for not spending the cash...
Oh, I'm certainly not pointing my complaint at the track but more towards the drivers who like to paint the ENTIRE goddam track black by coasting the entire way with a rod thru their oil pan, or people running horrid tunes (ie; no tuning at all) and becoming stranded at the 1/8th with a blown engine. I'll have my day where its me stuck on the track with a blown coupler or something but its more about the half-assed cars slapped together with home depot parts that annoy me. Granted, track prep needs to be a higher priority on a 40ish degree night for sure.

So realized tonight that I reflashed my car with an old map with a rescaled load scaling and was running that all Friday night. It explains why I kept hitting higher timing up top than I thought I was adjusting in my map[/excuses] lol
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

I realized what you probably meant after I posted, and after I wrote up the edit, this laptop locked up. On saturday some POS honders and what not oiled down the whole length of the track. I hope everyone here knows to pull right over if they suspect they broke something. My first run nearly ended in disaster at about 800 feet out. They went out right after my run and inspected the top end, and then re-prepped it. Of course a couple cars in someone else broke and oiled it down again... Needless to say I stayed in the left lane for the rest of the day...
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

I hear Leon didn't want to risk the slippery track in the last round and parked it at the tree,lol.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 04:28 PM

heyy guys i was wondering wheres a good place to tune your evo around Lowell Ma
Old Oct 28, 2008, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

night time, on a highway. less traffic.

Quick Reply: New england dragway