Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

New england dragway

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by j14mp
3 weeks is my goal to be back out racing. My car has been doing nothing but collecting dust for the past few weeks haha. Im too laaazzzyyyy to buy a clutch and all lol
yea im still trying to decide if im gonna buy the stock clutch again or go with the act but id like to do it soon too lol
Old Apr 30, 2008, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silver9mr
yea im still trying to decide if im gonna buy the stock clutch again or go with the act but id like to do it soon too lol
dont go stock.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
dont go stock.
yea id like to not go stock but i still have 20k left on my warrenty and if n e thing happens i dotn have the money to pay for a new t-case lol
Old Apr 30, 2008, 01:11 PM

i will be going there tonight for the street night anyone else goin tonight?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

i am not goin tonight. And yes id definatly vote for an act clutch. i have one in my car and the thing grabs GOOD. i did just get a new t-case in my car cause i blew my last one but don't let that scare u lol. act's are just awsome. I am shopping for wheels n tires.... n e body local have some???? (not stock)
Old Apr 30, 2008, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

I am on stock transfer case with 3rd twin disc clutch.
don't let that little warranty scare ya. lol j/k
Old Apr 30, 2008, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

ACTs seem to be hit or miss. the stock clutch just won't cut it if you drag race... and what the hell are you worried about a warranty for? with your mods, you shouldnt be worrying about a warranty, and if you're going to drag race, you can't be worrying about your transfer case either.

man up and get a twin disk, or take your chances with an ACT. A stock clutch would be a dumb idea, if you plan on doing anything other than street driving.
Old May 1, 2008, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

^^^^ what he said
Old May 1, 2008, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

I had an exedy twin disk carbon. Didnt have good luck with it. Got NO support from Exedy to answer any of my questions. Plus it rattled alot. Sooooo...
I went with the ACT, no problems for 2 years
Old May 1, 2008, 05:52 AM

take out a loan and get either a carbonetics twin disk or Tilton twin. I have no personal experience with either but if I could thats what I would get. I am only saying this because its not my money Hey atleast you would have an awesome clutch like all the big ballers...
Old May 1, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by erratic evo
take out a loan and get either a carbonetics twin disk or Tilton twin. I have no personal experience with either but if I could thats what I would get. I am only saying this because its not my money Hey atleast you would have an awesome clutch like all the big ballers...
Well if he's willing to spend dealer prices plus install to get a stock clutch - how much would it cost to get a twin disk and have it installed at DSG.... it can't be too much more because when i got mine it cost the same. DSG's labor prices have gone up since - but if you do the install your self - it'll come out cheaper.
Old May 1, 2008, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Im just gonna go with the ACT. My stock clutch did a realllllllllyyyy good job though! it held up 25+ HARD HARD launches (1.7 60s) trapping 113 mph. When I put race gas in, I put down a 2.4 60' with the clutch slipping and sliding alllll over the place and I trapped 114 and called it quits. I just figured I woud keep on with the run because I'm careless like that ;-) The beastly stocker of mine still brought me home over an hour away from the track. :-) As a matter of fact, I drove it to the train station yesterday because I was running late and it still moves the car! Tap the gas though and the thing just revs.
Old May 1, 2008, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by j14mp
Im just gonna go with the ACT. My stock clutch did a realllllllllyyyy good job though! it held up 25+ HARD HARD launches (1.7 60s) trapping 113 mph. When I put race gas in, I put down a 2.4 60' with the clutch slipping and sliding alllll over the place and I trapped 114 and called it quits. I just figured I woud keep on with the run because I'm careless like that ;-) The beastly stocker of mine still brought me home over an hour away from the track. :-) As a matter of fact, I drove it to the train station yesterday because I was running late and it still moves the car! Tap the gas though and the thing just revs.
only 25 launches!!! i must have had a good 50+ launches on my stocker... restrictor pill FTL...
Old May 1, 2008, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

It was slipping for a long time that night too. I managed a 12.3. I was hoping for an 11.9 but noooooo the clutch had to be a lil girl and go on me haha but made it home like a champ!

Also, when I go to the track, I take no breaks haha The first day I went for the season, I was literally the ONLY person there for the last couple hours. I took no breaks and banged out 23 runs in an hour so that didn't help haha Then the next time I went I got 6 runs in. So I had about 29 launches.
Old May 1, 2008, 08:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
do you still have the clutch pill in?

Quick Reply: New england dragway