Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in where?
hey, how can u do 27 psi on stock turbo?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlueEvo8JDM
in where?
hey, how can u do 27 psi on stock turbo?
The Shop CT is in Norwalk, CT.

What do you mean about the boost? I had all the supporting mods to run that amount of boost. Ran great

-Bink
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:04 AM

nice.. rght now my motor is rebuilding the mods is; HEAD- ported intakes/exhausted, hks 272, upgrade valves n springs... BLOCK; polished crankshaft, eagle rods, and je pistons 8.5... so jus curious how much horsepower will i gettin with stock turbo.. cuz this evo will b my daily driver tho.. how much do they cost for tuning and flashin the ecu?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

nice.. rght now my motor is rebuilding the mods is; HEAD- ported intakes/exhausted, hks 272, upgrade valves n springs... BLOCK; polished crankshaft, eagle rods, and je pistons 8.5... so jus curious how much horsepower will i gettin with stock turbo.. cuz this evo will b my daily driver tho.. how much do they cost for tuning and flashin the ecu?
The stock 8 turbo runs out of steam around 340/350 WHP. Building your motor and then running the stock 8 turbo won't gain you too much.
Do you have an upgraded intercooler? How about your BOV? The 8's BOV starts to leak past 20 PSI.

I believe they charge $350 for a dyno tune.

-Bink
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:18 AM

ohh ok, yah got bigger intercooler, greddy bov, and forged wastegate for stock turbo.. and injez intake...

what abt flashin the ecu?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

ohh ok, yah got bigger intercooler, greddy bov, and forged wastegate for stock turbo.. and injez intake...

what abt flashin the ecu?
Sorry, I don't understand what your asking.
What do you mean about flashing the ecu? Do you mean how much they charge to tune it? Or how much it will gain you? Or something else entirely?

-Bink
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:37 AM

im srry abt not being clear.. cuz i never have done to tune be4.. i jus want to kno more detail abt flashin the ecu n tune.. as what is ur suggest best to do or suttin?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

im srry abt not being clear.. cuz i never have done to tune be4.. i jus want to kno more detail abt flashin the ecu n tune.. as what is ur suggest best to do or suttin?
They ask you what mods you have done to the car and then they put your car on the dyno. They do a gear pull in 3rd and after the pull they adjust the 'tune' and keep going until knock is encountered and then they pull a bit of timing to make it safe. Then your done - it takes about an hour.

-Bink
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:57 AM

ohh okay... thanks....
Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by binky
They ask you what mods you have done to the car and then they put your car on the dyno. They do a gear pull in 3rd and after the pull they adjust the 'tune' and keep going until knock is encountered and then they pull a bit of timing to make it safe. Then your done - it takes about an hour.

-Bink
Did you have a pretty good experience with those guys at the shop Bink? I would assume yes or else you wouldn't have recommended them. I was just curious if you had anymore comments about it.

Whose tuning there anyway? Is it Al from dyno flash or is Junior? I always get confused between the shop, ICS and DynoFlash...

Thanks for any info!

-Ethan
Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ethan169
Did you have a pretty good experience with those guys at the shop Bink? I would assume yes or else you wouldn't have recommended them. I was just curious if you had anymore comments about it.

Whose tuning there anyway? Is it Al from dyno flash or is Junior? I always get confused between the shop, ICS and DynoFlash...

Thanks for any info!

-Ethan
I have been talking with Damian (Dballz) from The Shop CT since November about tuning my car running an FP Black. Has my car been strapped to their dyno yet, no it has not. I have been very impressed with them answering all of my questions and spending 90+ minutes on various phone calls to answer my questions and to talk about how they go about doing the tuning at their shop.

Yes, Junior does the tuning down there. He also tunes for TurboTrix.

I will be getting tuned at the end of next month and I'll be sure to post up a dyno sheet when all is said and done I am currently doing a timing belt job and maintenance before I put my new turbo in.

-Bink
Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info! I look forward to your post tune results!

-Ethan
Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ethan169
Thanks for the info! I look forward to your post tune results!

-Ethan
Anytime! I'm looking forward to the dyno sheet too! I'll post it when I have it!

-Bink
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

I recommend The Shop CT in general. I had some suspension work done there and they did me well. I cannot speak as to their tuning ability, or Juniors specifically, but I definitely appreciate the owner's (Jimmy) help and responsiveness. (I believe TurboTrix also has one of their owner's, Mark, tune as well). GL.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bster13
I recommend The Shop CT in general. I had some suspension work done there and they did me well. I cannot speak as to their tuning ability, or Juniors specifically, but I definitely appreciate the owner's (Jimmy) help and responsiveness. (I believe TurboTrix also has one of their owner's, Mark, tune as well). GL.
Thanks for your input. Its nice to now that there are some Evo oriented places in the CT area. With good reps of course.

-Ethan

P.s. Bink Im curious how your new Black is gonna do. Also where you just running your stock VIII before? Or are you selling a red perhaps?....heh..

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos