Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you should throw a few bolt ons onto that legacy. Ultimate sleeper wagon, dude.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

lol. well.... i was thinking that before i try to put anything under the hood... maybe i could get the hood to actually stay down first...

i never said it was in perfect condition on the outside.... it just runs well.

i was thinking maybe we should just focus on yours for now. it needs more than mine at the moment. lol
Old Mar 2, 2010, 04:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I vote for Exhaust and cobb accessport for yshen.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 06:48 AM

its a beater... just leave it alone... take my advise.. lol.. modding subarus can be addicting... And with the NA leggies, power mods just arent worth it...
Old Mar 2, 2010, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

I also vote for Exhaust for YShen... oh wait. Desperately Poor + plus I desperately need to retain my warranty for now. I checked with the guys at my dealer; they blatantly admitted that they were no longer going to be of help if I did any sort of modification.

Guess it's staying virtually stock for now.

But don't worry, didn't I already tell you that I was making well over 600 WHP with my completely bada$$ air filter?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

nperkins, trust me, this is not a subaru that i could get addicted to upgrading. lol. when i say beater..... i mean beater. its a wagon for god's sake... and a 95!! i feel like i should have the brady bunch in my car when im driving it. :-p

yshen.... as far as your problem goes.... there's always the corner... just remember.... its for your car!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:01 AM

hey hey hey... don't dog the wagons... i love my wagon.. i named it the turtle... But $1900 for a running driving awd subaru w studded Hakka1's... how can i complain...
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by japan101
I vote for Exhaust and cobb accessport for yshen.
Yshen I understand why your not moding because of warranty and cash flow. But when you decide to go get a few starter mods. Exhaust is a great idea the Access Port I would recommend not getting it. Its a great tool but SUPER expensive. At just under $700 for a box that lets you flash a conservative pig rich canned tune onto your evo its robbery with the Open source stuff that has been developed for the Evo's. Oh and the open stuff is not only more powerful but did I mention that its free? Of course you have to pay someone to tune the car but even the most expensive tune I have seen so far is only $450. Good tunes can bee had from $200. I got my first mellon tune a few years ago for $150 when he was a little more less known.

I made this same mistake by buying a TurboXS UTEC when they were on their way out of the game. The UTEC is a piggy back so it actually doesnt modify the computer like the Access Port or open source stuff does but its a piggyback so it simply doesnt work as well. These were sold brand new from TurboXS for $1049 and they still list them at that price on their website. I bought mine USED for $350. HUGE mistake. I loaded the UTEC with the included TXS stage 1 and stage 2 maps just like the access port comes with. Stage1=stock setup and stage2=TBE and thats it. The canned "tune" did increase the fun factor a little bit but it was knocky and needed to be "custom tuned" to be more effective and safe. I sat in my car from sometime late 2006 till last weekend (in bypass mode).

Now the only advantage with the Access Port is when you "un marry" the AP from your car it reverts it back to stock. Im pretty sure this would be the same as you flashing your stock ROM back onto your car. I can confirm this though. Either way if Mitsu wants to be dicks I think useing an AP will "void" your warranty too.

OK rant over. I just wanted to let you know my opinion on the matter of tuning.

Quick note: if when driving your evo you still get that huge grin when you get into the boost region then you evo is good for now. When that feeling starts to fade then the modding path begins.

-Ethan

EDIT: By the way this is not a shot at you Kevin I am just writing my thoughts on the Access port as I was patiently waiting for the release of it during development and decided not to go with it for these reasons.

Last edited by ethan169; Mar 2, 2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

actually, speaking of boost, i dont know if i'm just getting gradually desensitized to it, but it seems like my car's not boosting as aggressively as it used to, when i first got it. How common are boost leaks among evos?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

You might just be getting desensitized to it. BUT the Evo has a lot of plumbing which means there are a lof of places for boost leaks. I personally have had numerous issues with boost leaks on my car and feel that there is alway a leak somewhere. Im not sure about the X's but each car has their own problems.

Your car though its got like what under 5k miles on it? Barely been through a winter? NEVER been touched by unexperienced hands. Id its more likely to be ok then not.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

wow. that was one hell of a rant!

lol. or you could just take out another loan and rebuild the car.... not that i would know anything about that... lol.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silkey00
wow. that was one hell of a rant!

lol. or you could just take out another loan and rebuild the car.... not that i would know anything about that... lol.
Yeah my bad bro lol. Ive just been trying to get things situated with my car and this whole tuning thing and who to go to what to use etc etc. Just wanted to share my mistakes with Yshen to possibly aid him in his decisions. I just started typing and towords the end I realized it was like a solid paragraph. ha!

Side note. I just saw this Mr T emoticon and thought it was badass. Did they just add this or have I missed it until now?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

lol. never seen it. but seriously, it is good to help each other out with this stuff... btw... wanna write my english essay for me?!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah Ill write your English essay for you no problem. Lets say FP Green for my services? Ill even throw in a 30 pack of booze. Your selcetion of course
Old Mar 2, 2010, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

lmao! well, i guess im not that desperate... even though i do feel like i want to gnaw my fingers off when im doing english homework... :-\

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos