Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2008, 08:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I miss winter

Well it was 99F here in Bangalore today. Makes me miss winter in CT

-Alex@ECS
Old May 6, 2008, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by mixmastermatt
I'll probably be running the dyno at the CSC dyno day. Hopefully I won't be doing all the strap downs myself, it sucks.
Thats cool. I'm so pumped to get my car dyno tuned on the 17th. I'll come to this dyno day just to see more numbers on my car and to check out other peoples numbers too.
Old May 8, 2008, 04:40 PM

sweet I'll definitly be at that dyno day. Hey matt got any free time in the next 2 weeks? lol
Old May 9, 2008, 07:05 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kyriptic
sweet I'll definitly be at that dyno day. Hey matt got any free time in the next 2 weeks? lol
I'm free tomorrow, but thats it for the next few weeks.
Old May 9, 2008, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Dyno day seems to be fun... I'll try to get a day off and be there, and for the first time be at cruise/meet... LOL
anything else going on soon ???
Old May 9, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Also.. does anyone have a IX BOV with low millage that they wanna get rid off...
Old May 9, 2008, 11:28 AM

Hey Matt I installed my brian crower 272's yesterday. wow talked about an easy install. gotta love that little lope in the idle. but now with all my mods plus the cams , my car is screaming for a tune. i can feel a nice difference little quicker spool and more mid to top end power .
Old May 9, 2008, 06:14 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MrEvo2nv
Hey Matt I installed my brian crower 272's yesterday. wow talked about an easy install. gotta love that little lope in the idle. but now with all my mods plus the cams , my car is screaming for a tune. i can feel a nice difference little quicker spool and more mid to top end power .
Yeah, cams are really easy to install. Since your car is ready to go right on the rollers, does your friend still want to get tuned on the same days as you?
Old May 10, 2008, 05:18 PM

Yeah, cams are really easy to install. Since your car is ready to go right on the rollers, does your friend still want to get tuned on the same days as you?
Yes he still wants to get dyno tuned. i just got to install my boost gauge and pod. next week. like tuesday. does swift have a nice cheap boost controler to throw in my car if needed? What time should i show up at swift ?

I know ur doing 250 for the dyno tune , but that goes to swift .. me and my buddy are going to personally throw you some cash for tuning our cars.

just some pre tune questions

Rev limitor set too what rpm?
no boost taper , but i guess that won't matter with a MBC
remove speed limitor
2 step launch conrtol set to i guess whatever u recommend
clear on check engine lights , disable egr. Also car as not cat on it.

Last edited by MrEvo2nv; May 10, 2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old May 10, 2008, 06:44 PM
Account Disabled

Yes he still wants to get dyno tuned. i just got to install my boost gauge and pod. next week. like tuesday. does swift have a nice cheap boost controler to throw in my car if needed? What time should i show up at swift ?

I know ur doing 250 for the dyno tune , but that goes to swift .. me and my buddy are going to personally throw you some cash for tuning our cars.

just some pre tune questions

Rev limitor set too what rpm?
no boost taper , but i guess that won't matter with a MBC
remove speed limitor
2 step launch conrtol set to i guess whatever u recommend
clear on check engine lights , disable egr. Also car as not cat on it.
If you show up between 9-10 am that would be perfect. We have turbosmart MBC's that run around $60. I really like the quality of them. I usually set the rev limit to 7800, the 2-step to 5500. CEL removals are easy. Make sure you arrive with at least 1/2 tank of 93oct in the car. Some people show up with the gas light on expecting me to be able to tune on fumes. As long as there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car, everything goes pretty easy. I was tuning a '91 Talon TSI on an SAFC Neo last week that was still running stock injectors with an evo fuel pump. It took a +35 correction across the board to get it below 12:1 afr. I told him his injectors were bad, so I sold him my stock evo injectors that had 300miles one them. Pulled out his stockers and saw that they were all cracked around the nozzle. Threw in my evo injectors, turned the boost up to 19psi and made 330whp with room to spare on the SAFC.
Old May 11, 2008, 09:15 AM

okay cool cool. well be there around 9am. Also I know tuners don't like a crowd , but one of my buddies wants to come and film the tune if thats okay.

Last night I met up with a another 03 evo. few bolt ons , 2.3L stroker from AMS , stock head with GSC s1 cams and full turbo back.. tuned at bishop and put down 280whp and 317ft of tq. I was like wow you should go see Matt at swift. Then we did a alittle 20mph side by side starting in 2nd and i was pulling on him . nothing crazy , but still pulling on him speacily in the mid range more then the top end. , but everytime i shifted and put my car back in the mid range i was pulling on him pretty good.
Old May 11, 2008, 04:09 PM
Account Disabled

The more the merrier! I actually want to see about getting an evom dyno day going sometime after the csc dyno day.
Old May 11, 2008, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
okay cool cool. well be there around 9am. Also I know tuners don't like a crowd , but one of my buddies wants to come and film the tune if thats okay.

Last night I met up with a another 03 evo. few bolt ons , 2.3L stroker from AMS , stock head with GSC s1 cams and full turbo back.. tuned at bishop and put down 280whp and 317ft of tq. I was like wow you should go see Matt at swift. Then we did a alittle 20mph side by side starting in 2nd and i was pulling on him . nothing crazy , but still pulling on him speacily in the mid range more then the top end. , but everytime i shifted and put my car back in the mid range i was pulling on him pretty good.
Why would someone pay to have a built 2.3 liter engine and drive around with a stock viii turbo Actually with meth/alky running 27lbs of boost on his exact set up right now I would guess he would put down 380whp or better.
Old May 11, 2008, 05:01 PM

The more the merrier! I actually want to see about getting an evom dyno day going sometime after the csc dyno day.
Okay i just wanna make sure. i know some tuners just want like the owner and themselves. not a bunch of kids trying to tell them how to tune.

An evom dyno day would be cool. Would it strickly be for just evo's cause my g/f as a 8th gen civic si with a bunch of work and she is part of a huge 8th gen civic si club. and i know some of those guys would be down for it.
Old May 11, 2008, 05:07 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
Why would someone pay to have a built 2.3 liter engine and drive around with a stock viii turbo Actually with meth/alky running 27lbs of boost on his exact set up right now I would guess he would put down 380whp or better.
I dunno he said he bought the car with a rod throw the motor and since he had to get a new motor he just had ams build him a stroker short block.

I don't know what his mods were , but all i got from him was MBC , gsc s1 cams , turbo back exhaust (no cat).ams 2.3L and a ****ty bishop tune. 280/317.

My mods are as listed in my sig. My car had a simple air/fuel/timing tune when it was bone stock. 245/244 is what she put down stock and a flash. Now take that and all my other mods which you know as screwed up that flash... I bought the car with the flash that i didn't know was there till i dynoed it to get some base line numbers. I don't know if the boost taper was removed cause i got no boost gauge yet till tuesday.

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos