Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taco? I love tacos!!!! anybody know a really good mexican place around?
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:04 AM

I dont know how exactly good they are, but i had a pretty decent meal at Ortegas in groton its over by the Groton Public library near or on bridge street cant remember exactly where.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

hmmm.... never woulda thought groton would have a decent taco place... ill have to check that out...
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ortegas is great. The burrito al carbon is amazing. Plus they have very good queso.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 03:41 AM
Evolved Member

mmm queso.....
Old Jul 12, 2010, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by silkey00
What's goin on ppl..... everybody seemed to have gone into hiding..... probably wont have my car back for another 2 weeks or so... but what's up with everyone else?
I have been autocrossing a lot lately, and been pretty successful in the novice classes of the clubs I run with.

Yesterday was ugly though, because I blew the dipstick out of the car...twice.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:06 AM

Brown Derby in Montville... TRUST ME...
Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

how the crap do you blow your dipstick out of your car!!??! lol. and where do you do autocross at? sounds like fun...
Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by qucifer
I have been autocrossing a lot lately, and been pretty successful in the novice classes of the clubs I run with.

Yesterday was ugly though, because I blew the dipstick out of the car...twice.
Buschur makes a bracket that mounts to the top of the tube and holds the dip stick down. You can also try using a slightly larger rubber o ring on the dip stick itself. There are two of them near the handle where you pull the stick out. In addition you can make sure those o rings are nice and dry (not covered in oil) as the oil will aid the dip stick in coming loose. Of course you don't want them to be super dry and cracked just not lubed up like your ready to get down...

Also you might try installing a breather for the crank case. The dip stick is popping our from excessive positive crankcase pressure. Be sure that your PCV valve is in working order. When you take it out and give it a little shack it should rattle. I doubt this is your problem as your car has like 20k miles on it if i recall?

-Ethan
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by silkey00
how the crap do you blow your dipstick out of your car!!??! lol. and where do you do autocross at? sounds like fun...
You blow the dipstick out of the car with too much crank case pressure. As Ethan suggested, I suspect a faulty PCV check valve, and will be replacing it shortly.

I primarily autocross up at Moore AAF (decomissioned) in Ayer, MA with several different clubs. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...01432&t=h&z=15 I also run down in Stratford, CT with FCSCC (FCSCC.com), a whole lot closer to Gales Ferry. If you are ever looking for some autox action, let me know, I will be running at least every other weekend through the end of October, Evo willing . You can also get an idea of what the courses/sites look like by perusing the videos linked from my site in the signature (still in development) or by jumping straight to http://www.youtube.com/user/AltF4Racing.

Ethan, I did buy a spring that Buschur makes to hold the dipstick down, however I would rather fix whatever is causing the crankcase to build that much pressure. I am trying to attack the problems with my car rather than the symptoms since I shouldn't be having these issues on a stockish evo with 29k miles.

On a related note: Does anyone know of a place (preferably one you can recommend) in the area that cleans engine bays? I would prefer it be within 20 miles or so of Enfield, but I will travel to have a high quality job done.

Thanks,

-Bryan

Last edited by qucifer; Jul 12, 2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Added Links
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Thats an excellent way of going about things Bryan. The only times I have ever dealt with my dipstick blowing out where during boost leak tests which would also be a faulty PCV valve or bad valve stem seals ..... I hope not and highly doubt since they were super snug when I put the cams in. Anyway the point im trying to make is that although I have not had a major issue of the dipstick blowing out ALOT of people have especially the older DSM folks. It was a very common problem with the older 4G63's. So what im saying is it may just be the nature of the beast. Keep going on the road you are headed down though. The PCV valves arent expensive at all and its worth a shot...

Good luck

-Ethan
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Im currently pissed of at my Evo. It doesnt wanna tell me whats its problem LOL. Im having problem with ABS, and I was told it was a sensor, so TurboDan changed it, but it didnt fix anything, then i was told it was chipped of tooth on axle, but after taking it off a bit I found out it wasn't chipped anywhere, not one bit. So, whats next
Old Jul 12, 2010, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

do you have coilovers on your car? When the coilovers were put on my first evo it made it so that the abs didnt work anymore. not real sure why, but thats just what happened... :-\
Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

do you have coilovers on your car? When the coilovers were put on my first evo it made it so that the abs didnt work anymore. not real sure why, but thats just what happened... :-\
No, I dont have any coilovers, but i do have lowering springs.
I just talked to one machanic, and he said it could be an ABS pump. I dont know much about this topic.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 03:58 AM

Silkey, Coilovers should not affect the ABS bro. I have coilovers on my evo and the ABS works just fine lol .. Coilovers don't even touch any of the ABS components so they shouldnt affect the ABS in any way shape or form, cept maybe make it feel less or something so thats pretty wierd that your abs stopped working after coilovers. Unless im really stupid i dont see a connection between suspension and brakes.

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos