Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ethan169
Bryan, Ill be out of the country for next Monday but Im sure Ill go again soon after. Theres a couple guys from work that usually go too. It would be cool to get some of the guys from down south to come up for it as well, although Im sure that would be difficult considering its a monday evening right after work...p.s. hows the tune holding up?

-Ethan
I'll shoot for August 23rd or 30th. Work and school will be killing me through the end of October so I will reevaluate closer to then.

The tune was fine, but since I blew the dipstick out of the car and replaced the PCV check valve (to keep the dipstick in), I decided to have The Shop check the car out and see if they could fix my boost controller and I had them retune it so the car is more torquey and responsive at lower RPM for AutoX. The tune seems more stable and the car is making way more torque now...too much actually, I need to re-learn how to drive it. As far as problems go, I definitely don't mind that one.

Originally Posted by nperkins
Gotta get lots of wax on there before the rally..

So are you as psyched as me? Every year I love it.. I've got SOO Much work to do..

On the evo, i have to do a bunch of wiring, swap out the wheels & suspension, clean it, and give it a good onceover..
To be honest, in my mind it is still April. I have a full basket of Easter candy and everything. I cannot beat into my head that the NER is next weekend. We are woefully under-prepared and ill-equipped for the drive. It will be awesome.

I had Monday-Thursday set aside for waxing and clay bar and oil changes and sleeping to prepare for the rally and now I am expected to come in to work for at least half days. Ugh.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by qucifer
To be honest, in my mind it is still April. I have a full basket of Easter candy and everything. I cannot beat into my head that the NER is next weekend. We are woefully under-prepared and ill-equipped for the drive. It will be awesome.

I had Monday-Thursday set aside for waxing and clay bar and oil changes and sleeping to prepare for the rally and now I am expected to come in to work for at least half days. Ugh.
Don't worry too much on the sleep since there is no overnight drive... Only worry about the sleep if you plan on partying as much as we do..

You won't need to do this. (Us at Hooters checkpoint in 2008)

I also forgot I need to put the police scanner back in the car & make a mount for it, still need to wire up the map lights again, and more **** to be done.. ugghhh... Gonna be lonnnggg nights for the next 9 days..
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:19 AM

I am not a huge partier, so I may not have a problem.

Also, it is odd to see the RallyEvo with an interior.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by qucifer
I am not a huge partier, so I may not have a problem.

Also, it is odd to see the RallyEvo with an interior.
ummm... Thats my STi... lol.. Two years ago my buddy's car broke down right before the rally, so I let him & his girlfriend take my STi... We napped in there because the seats reclined.. And the Hooters restaurant we were at was in Vermont... So there was nothing really worth looking at.. lol
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by nperkins
ummm... Thats my STi... lol.. Two years ago my buddy's car broke down right before the rally, so I let him & his girlfriend take my STi... We napped in there because the seats reclined.. And the Hooters restaurant we were at was in Vermont... So there was nothing really worth looking at.. lol
I see it now. Huh. Being at work, I didn't spend much time with the picture on the screen. I just saw the blue interior and thought "must be the Evo 8 interior" and left it at that.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

hey guys, here's the latest. my car is supposed to go on the dyno tomorrow, then saturday morning ill be picking it up. (it's the 4th time i've heard this, so we'll see). but if it goes well, ill have my car back here in connecticut on saturday night!

once it's back im down for just about any meet.

i have these parts sitting in my basement waiting to get installed when i get her back too!!
-CWest Side skirts
-Greddy front lip
-JDM 9 rear
-the entire new interior.... suck....from an evo 9 MR btw :-)
-remount my sparco seats, cause apparently i recieved the wrong brackets
-9 MR wing
-Tanabe Sustec Pro 7 Coilovers
-Slotted Rotors
-short shifter and new shift knob
-other miscellaneous crap i've been gathering up over the nearly 5 months my car has been in the shop

so..... who wants to help?!?! :-D
Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:38 AM

Thats alot of stuff to do lol..

I can help, but not for like 2 weeks... In rally prep mode...
Old Jul 29, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

no prob. i have the shop down here at my disposal. it's only 3 bucks an hour to use the lifts and tools, so i pretty much have everything i need. i just need the knowledge of peeps that have done some of it before. i've stripped the stuff out of one, but never put it back together again.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ken just give me a call and I might be able to help.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:42 AM

got a call from EFI yesterday and they were able to bump up my appt to sept17th
f yeah!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

Im down for some installs!
Old Jul 31, 2010, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

so.... here's the update.... put her on the Dyno last night. Half way through the first pull she blew a fuel gasket. Fuel started spraying all over the place. Had to call it a night. What we DID get out of the dyno was this though.

18 pounds of boost and it was already pushing 440hp. on pump gas. i'd say we've got quite a monster on our hands...
Old Jul 31, 2010, 03:45 PM

anyone know of any gas stations that sell E85?
around enfield ct?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

ok guys. check out the VID!!!!! He stopped it where he did because the engine was smokin a bit. like every project, there's more to work on. so this is just the start. this car is going to make WAAAYY more power than this. ill all the mods sometime soon. ill just tell ya it's a 6262 though. ;-)

http://www.facebook.com/ken.metzger#...2390796&ref=mf
Old Aug 1, 2010, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

^ Vid is stated to be unavailable?! Are you gonna be bringing her home today?

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos