Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DuderMagee
the Exedy TD is the way to go IMO
as far as the tranny I believe it is the T case that goes on em (I remeber someone saying it has to do with the way mitsu shimmed them)
Shep offers a rebuild for about 400 IIRC or you can upgrade and get the stage 2 and get the OEM Mitsu LSD for about 1k
http://www.sheptrans.com/transcase/evo.htm
I would ask them about the transmission
Originally Posted by silkey00
what's the difference between the options on that link and a shep 5 speed? the ones above i send my tranny in and get rebuilt, right? im guessing a shep 5 speed i would just buy outright?
Shep can rebuild yours OR you can buy a brand new trans from him with all his work done to it,either or. As far a a clutch,see in bold above as that is the best you can get for daily driven high HP cars. If you are serious about getting one p.m. me as I have a BNIB one that I will no longer be needing that I could give you a good deal on,cash picked up.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Whelp... looks like it's decided then.... i'll send my tranny in to get rebuilt... so, on to the next question.... which one of those rebuilds would be best for my situation?! :-\
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:37 AM

do you HAVE to rebuild your transmission?
I thought that the 5spds where good for a decent amount of power and the major failure point was the T case?

and if you have to do a rebuild is the street\strip one good for 500wtq or so?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:39 AM

yoooo!!!!

Hey, everyone... Anyone of u got the evo 8 head for sale!?!? i need it asap! my evo been sittin in the garage for almost 7 months now! I just done put brand new 2.4L Block in! and then the head jus ****ed up, so I need to buy a mint bare head! let me kno! text me only- 203 809 0054 if u got the evo 8 head for sale! im from stratford and shelton....
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:03 PM

Whelp... looks like it's decided then.... i'll send my tranny in to get rebuilt... so, on to the next question.... which one of those rebuilds would be best for my situation?! :-\
Originally Posted by BlueEvo8JDM
Hey, everyone... Anyone of u got the evo 8 head for sale!?!? i need it asap! my evo been sittin in the garage for almost 7 months now! I just done put brand new 2.4L Block in! and then the head jus ****ed up, so I need to buy a mint bare head! let me kno! text me only- 203 809 0054 if u got the evo 8 head for sale! im from stratford and shelton....
Here you both go,click on link...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...rt-out-ct.html
Silkey could buy this transmission and send it to be gone through and he also has a Evo 8 head for sale.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 03:02 PM

thanks! i jus PM'ed him! any else got one for sale too!?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 05:07 PM

ok guys, i need some help. Now that i've got this build rollin, there are a few major things that probably need to be done to my car. I'm running 31 psi and making 558hp and 414 tq on a stock transmission and a piece of crap ACT clutch. Any input on what to do with my transmission. I am completely clueless on how anything goes with the transmission. how much can a stock tranny hold, for my set up should i get mine rebuilt or buy a new one, and any other info in general would be nice. As far as my clutch goes, i think im going to go with the Exedy twin disk. Any opinions on that? Let's hear what ya got...
Exedy twin disk is a good clutch. Its what i got, have had it now for about 12k miles and still running strong, keep in mind though i have never launched my car. It is a stiff clutch however so that kinda sucks about it specially for any type of stop and go traffic. I think the exedy twin disk is rated to about 800 Torque to the flywheel so that should be more than adequate for your current setup
Old Aug 2, 2010, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by liam11
Exedy twin disk is a good clutch. Its what i got, have had it now for about 12k miles and still running strong, keep in mind though i have never launched my car. It is a stiff clutch however so that kinda sucks about it specially for any type of stop and go traffic. I think the exedy twin disk is rated to about 800 Torque to the flywheel so that should be more than adequate for your current setup
now that's what i like to hear!

Allinevo, your pm box is full, so i couldnt respond to your pm. As far as that tranny goes that Redwing is selling, i've already bought a few things from him, and i would buy the t-case and do that, but i dont really wanna spend the money buying another one. my evo goes down for the winter anyways, so ill just do it then. as well as lots of other goodies!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

i own a suby but im always rolling w/ my boys... a silver evo 8 and a yellow evo 8. we live near uconn, any evo meets ever organized?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by lucas569
i own a suby but im always rolling w/ my boys... a silver evo 8 and a yellow evo 8. we live near uconn, any evo meets ever organized?
Get outta here you ****in subie douche ricer...
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:50 AM

now that's what i like to hear!

Allinevo, your pm box is full, so i couldnt respond to your pm. As far as that tranny goes that Redwing is selling, i've already bought a few things from him, and i would buy the t-case and do that, but i dont really wanna spend the money buying another one. my evo goes down for the winter anyways, so ill just do it then. as well as lots of other goodies!
Sorry,all better now,cleared out some space on inbox.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

what's the difference between the options on that link and a shep 5 speed? the ones above i send my tranny in and get rebuilt, right? im guessing a shep 5 speed i would just buy outright?
Thats great buddy/. Since you have so much experience now, you will be fixing up my Evo soon LOL.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by allinevo
Sorry,all better now,cleared out some space on inbox.
Is that the reason why you haven't answered my messages??
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mirebih
Thats great buddy/. Since you have so much experience now, you will be fixing up my Evo soon LOL.
I'm always down to work on the Evos, but i still have little experience. I would say by the end of this coming winter i should have a plethora of knowledge working on these cars. Up to this point though, i havent had a chance to do anything since my car has been down with all the engine work.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lucas569
hey noah, are those the 2 evos that were at that tunernetworks meet the last time i was there?

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos