Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2010, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened? Sorry ive never had any work done down here. Well except for shaller Mitsubishi. But that was not very good and it was warranty work.

hmmm or maybe its schaller? Either way I wouldn't go there.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by ethan169
What happened? Sorry ive never had any work done down here. Well except for shaller Mitsubishi. But that was not very good and it was warranty work.

hmmm or maybe its schaller? Either way I wouldn't go there.
guy swerved at me last night, I swerved to get out of the way, hit a curb, got on some grass couldn't stop (it was wet) and crashed

looks like its mostly cosmetic
front bumper, headlights, fenders, hood, glass, driver side door, and side skirt
ARC FMIC is done, the Koyo radiator as well, and I need some new IC pipes

I think I'm going to see if I can get a IX bumper, MR lights, maybe a CF hood,
a ETS FMIC\pipes, and a Mitsumoto rad

I think I'm going to take it to Bosco's in Enfield
Old Sep 17, 2010, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Damn dude that seriously sucks.

Is your front bumper actually cracked anywhere? or is it just paint damage? If the bumper itself is ok and it just needs some prep and paint and you still want to get an IX bumper id be interested in taking the other one off of your hands. That would also help ofset the cost of the IX front bumper. What happened to the IC pipes? If they got damaged I feel like that was a pretty hard hit? If it was just the lowers that got damaged but your buying a whole new set Id also be interested in taking the uppers off you if they arent damaged functional wise. Im not too worried about scratches and all of that.

Let me know and sorry to hear about that man. I hope all of the repairs go smoothly for you.

-Ethan
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:15 AM

Damn dude that seriously sucks.

Is your front bumper actually cracked anywhere? or is it just paint damage? If the bumper itself is ok and it just needs some prep and paint and you still want to get an IX bumper id be interested in taking the other one off of your hands. That would also help ofset the cost of the IX front bumper. What happened to the IC pipes? If they got damaged I feel like that was a pretty hard hit? If it was just the lowers that got damaged but your buying a whole new set Id also be interested in taking the uppers off you if they arent damaged functional wise. Im not too worried about scratches and all of that.

Let me know and sorry to hear about that man. I hope all of the repairs go smoothly for you.

-Ethan
yeah its cracked, maybe repairable
If you want it we can work something out
the intercooler pipes are ****ed because the IC took a direct hit from something in the ground, hopefully it didn't hit the oil pan
funny enough I think the lower side might be fine but most of the upper is ****ed
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:15 AM

got any reccomendations for a IX bumper?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Hmm if you get a chance sometime snap a pic and send it my way. If you dont mind. Where are you in CT anyway? I live right in Enfield, you mentioned Bosco's so I assume your sort of in the area?

Recommendations as far as where to get one? Ive seen them listed in the forsale form here and there. I wouldnt go buying a new one unless you really want to spend 750 on just the bunper. Then a bunch more on a lip and some mesh etc.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:26 AM

Hmm if you get a chance sometime snap a pic and send it my way. If you dont mind. Where are you in CT anyway? I live right in Enfield, you mentioned Bosco's so I assume your sort of in the area?

Recommendations as far as where to get one? Ive seen them listed in the forsale form here and there. I wouldnt go buying a new one unless you really want to spend 750 on just the bunper. Then a bunch more on a lip and some mesh etc.

yep I'm in enfield
looks like I can an APR front bumper of about 600-700
Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:17 AM

I have heard that Boscos does some good work.

If you want to save money, there is a place on the Enfield/East Windor boarder right on the river called Full Stage Auto. They do work really inexpensively, but it isn't perfect.

I have heard nothing but great things about Langonet in Agawam, MA.

Best of luck piecing it back together.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:51 AM

So where was everybody yesterday for the show @ Dodd Stadium?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Is that why I saw a bunch of early model Toyotas heading south on I-95 around 6-7pm?

Originally Posted by nperkins
So where was everybody yesterday for the show @ Dodd Stadium?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 06:28 AM

hmm... I dunno... There weren't many older yotas there... Maybe 2-3 that I saw...
Old Sep 20, 2010, 08:02 AM

Spotted 2 EVOs yesterday at Foxwoods...looked good...didn't attend the car show at Dodd...too busy at the Supercarroadtrips exotic car show....ftw.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 08:58 AM

Yeah, we were gonna do both, but mine & my girlfriend's hangovers told us to go home and relax lol
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:38 AM

i was in warwick all day so i didnt get to go =/
Old Sep 22, 2010, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Guess who's baaaaaaaacccckk?!?! Just got done readin all this nonsense and catchin up! Whew!

Duder- i'm sorry to hear about the car man. I am in New York right now, but ill be back to CT tonight, im gonna look in the basement to see if i have any of those parts lying around. I dont think i do, but i'll take a look. If not, i hope yoiu get her fixed up. If there's anything i can do to help, just let me know.

Yang- The meet was great. I posted some pics of it up a few pages back. They're also on my facebook. You can check em out. Im still waiting to see the pics tha Kevin took too.

Everyone else- Fall Foliage Run? Definitely need to get this ball rollin. Is everyone still ok with October 23rd?! I believe that is the day we were talking about.... i have a couple things to get done to my car(like buy seats), but it'll hopefully be done by then. Let me know people, we gotta get this thing rollin!

P.S.- It's nice to be back....

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos