Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silkey00
Ok guys. I'll have a run at this again to try to get you to understand me a little better. I've loved cars my entire life and have always wanted to have a project of my own to work on and learn from. When i got back from Afghanistan i had a little extra money in my pocket and i really needed something to keep my mind off of some stuff. That's when i decided to get my Evo and begin this. When i got into this i knew what it was going to be, a PROJECT. That's exactly what it is for me. I love doing it. I love learning and getting to do the things to it that i have. Given, i haven't done all of the stuff (i've actually done very little), but i've learned from everything that has been done(Big thanks to Kevin, Wit, Junior, and Top Level).

Now, for all those haters about me not driving my car. My car WILL be driven. I'm just not going to start driving it until i feel that it is at the point where it can handle it and it is done the proper way. I have invested a lot of money into the car (actually, every penny i have, even closed out a retirement fund), and i dont want something bad to go wrong. My car is still in the middle of getting finished. For those of you who just think i should get out there and drive it the way it is, you are wrong. That's how bad things happen. I'm a perfectionist, it will happen when it happens. Trust me, you will know when that is. lol.

Any questions class?
Well why didn't you say that in the first place...

So what are your plans? Show car? Drag? Road race? Autocross?

I'm going to tell you something from experience... If you are looking into drag racing... While its fun... Do a road course once (Hell even an autocross), and you will say "What the hell was I thinking drag racing?!!?"

My friend Tom (Qucifer knows him) had well over $200k invested into drag cars.. He took one ride along in a spec miata around lime rock and said he's been wasting the past 10 years of his life going in a straight line...
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the guys that went to the meet here are the pictures.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=5ac14c477d
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

umm... dude.... where are the pictures of my car?!?! lol
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nperkins
Well why didn't you say that in the first place...

So what are your plans? Show car? Drag? Road race? Autocross?

I'm going to tell you something from experience... If you are looking into drag racing... While its fun... Do a road course once (Hell even an autocross), and you will say "What the hell was I thinking drag racing?!!?"

My friend Tom (Qucifer knows him) had well over $200k invested into drag cars.. He took one ride along in a spec miata around lime rock and said he's been wasting the past 10 years of his life going in a straight line...
Well, i basically had the exact same epiphany when i was about half way through my car getting built. So basically what i would LIKE to do is to build the best track car that i can around the build that i already have in my car. Most of you already know that i have quite a large buile in my car already, so it's gonna take some work, but i think i car make it work. It's just gonna take some more time. Right now my main focus is getting it back on the road, then i'll go from there.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:45 AM

can't believe you guys put the frikin pics on facebook! why can't just post them here so ppl can see. like myself??

anyway - it's not like i'm sitting around doing nothing folks. i'm pretty frikin busy for the last year or so. since we last met, my life has become very busy.

also i'm riding a luxury 4doors salon infiniti m35x right now. the TT is still there but it's rarely being used. when possible, i'll try to schedule a meet and we can do a cruise again.

i sent japan the route via PM so he can lead or All-In can lead if you guys want to do that route again. i'll be back, not sure when but I'll Be Back!!!

Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

so we have a map and we have couple evos too.
Reading back couple pages I can see that few would be interested.
1. Me (6th or 7th)
2. Ethan (6th or 7th)
3. GdoRegEvo9 (maybe)
4.qucifer (6th)
5. Japan
6. 04Ebevo
7. AllinEvo (7th)
8. Gocu (6th or 7th)
9. Ken (6th or 7th)
anyone else ???

Edited on 10/21/2010

Last edited by mirebih; Oct 21, 2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:21 PM

I am interested as well.

Yea!! Just got my 3" catback today!! W00T!!!!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Depending on when we make this happen, i'll try to bring the Evo. Regardless, ill be there.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

alright. i updated the list. lets make it bigger.. call your buddies
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by mirebih
so we have a map and we have couple evos too.
Reading back couple pages I can see that few would be interested.
1. Me (6th or 7th)
2. Ethan (6th or 7th)
3. GdoRegEvo9 (maybe)
4.qucifer (6th)
5. Japan
6. 04Ebevo
7. AllinEvo (6th)
8. Gocu (6th or 7th)
9. Ken (6th or 7th)
anyone else ???

Edited on 10/21/2010
There,that is better. I changed that for you. See in BOLD above
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

great. so it seems to me that we should be all set for the 6th.
for past 2 years we had an early run because there would be barely any cars on the roads at that time, but we used back roads anyways where daily traffic is probably 5 cars. what would be a best time, im thinking 10AM is fair enough.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:00 PM

I might actually have that day off, the 6th....what is the plan again?
Old Oct 24, 2010, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

this is the same info from last year, except this year we can change the time to 9AM or 10AM
Time departure is 8Am. We are definitely do our best to stick to scheduled time. Please try to be there at least 5 minutes early so we can line up and head out as soon as possible.

Meeting place is exit 69 off East 84. There is a park and ride lot right off the exit, this is where we're all meet, line up and head out from.

TOTAL driving is 56.9 miles and google map estimates 2 hours and 14 minutes. depending on the way we actual drive and since it's on an early sunday morning, traffic should be very little hence driving time will be at least 30 minutes shorter than estimated. i've focused on lots of twisty, fun but also manageable roads. there are some really tight turns and blind corners that we will have to watch out for. please drive with a discretion that you're trying to AVOID SMASHING INTO THE CAR IN FRONT so please, do not go nuts unless you see that it's safe and you can control your car.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

1. Me (6th or 7th)
2. Ethan (6th or 7th)
3. GdoRegEvo9 (maybe)
4.qucifer (6th)
5. Japan
6. 04Ebevo
7. AllinEvo (6th)
8. Gocu (6th or 7th)
9. Ken (6th or 7th)
10. JDL62876 (6th)
11. YShen15118 (6th)

Edited
that seems to be the list till now. hopefully we get more to come that day. Like i said it doesnt have to be all evo run. we have had vettes, s2k, maxima run with us too.

Last edited by mirebih; Oct 24, 2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Am i invited? If so, then im definitely in. We can stop at UConn for some of their famous fresh ice cream.

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos