Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dafoe69
Awesome Al I just tried calling Ryan to get an update on when I could pick it up Saturday. Still trying to find a way down LOL. You still owe me a ride in the dynoflash 8 or badbish 2.
The turbo is in place now but needs final adjustment and fitting of the water hoses etc

The double pumper remains to be installed also

Please give Ryan or myself a call mid day and we will let you know how the work is progressing

As we doing a race gas map on this or just pump gas ? Any meth injection in the car ? Al
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
The turbo is in place now but needs final adjustment and fitting of the water hoses etc

The double pumper remains to be installed also

Please give Ryan or myself a call mid day and we will let you know how the work is progressing

As we doing a race gas map on this or just pump gas ? Any meth injection in the car ? Al
I could answer this for Bill, he's only going to be running straight 93 pump.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
Well my final tune is tomorrow so I want to see how my car fares with all of these big CT builds.

Al, you should stop by Pruven tommorow and check out the numbers I make. I have a really close set up to the badbish....all buschur parts bro. I just don't have the big intake manifold and larger throttle body.....but built 2.0, all bolt ons, and aem.......plus im running alky with pump.

Well...except my car is 2,950 and I know the badbish is waaaaaaay lighter.
Sadly, my day is filled with tunes to do tomorrow

I start the day with a Evo X Stage II

Then I have the HTA 35 guy when his turbo is done

I also have a Hydra EMS Green / alcky car to do

feel free to come by our way any time as I will prob be working from 10 to 10 (again)

Al
Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by staatz
What time are you going to Pruven? I will stop by if it's around 11am-12 noon or so. LMK
Im leaving my place in about twenty minutes....my car won't hit the dyno until probably 11am so if you stop by at that time I will most certainly be there.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Im leaving my place in about twenty minutes....my car won't hit the dyno until probably 11am so if you stop by at that time I will most certainly be there.
good luck today!!

on a side note, anyone have any Q16 forsale? preferrably hartford or west...
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
good luck today!!

on a side note, anyone have any Q16 forsale? preferrably hartford or west...
I have a 5 gallon drum left..lol BUT, the only place I could find it in CT was at JK Motorsports in Fairfield... did you try calling XX or VR?

Two weeks ago when I was headed to Boston I was trying to find a place that "sold" it from the VP site, and well, there was an apartment complex when I got there..lol
Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by staatz
I have a 5 gallon drum left..lol BUT, the only place I could find it in CT was at JK Motorsports in Fairfield... did you try calling XX or VR?

Two weeks ago when I was headed to Boston I was trying to find a place that "sold" it from the VP site, and well, there was an apartment complex when I got there..lol
I will call them. I usually buy it in Boston from someone I know, but I figured since I am down here I would see if I could find some.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

VR isnt answering and XX only has C16 and C10 Oh well...

Last edited by 1slowevo; Jul 12, 2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

so when is this party??? mind if i come? still a little new to the area.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 01:23 PM
Account Disabled

Maybe when your car is tuned you can bring it to Sean Ivey, Dynoflash, AMS, Buschur, Mellon, Pruven, or any other tuner on the east coast and they can pick apart Swift and tell you their tune is trash as well.

Makes you really think about the big picture of our import world.
When asked directly I will critique another tuners ROM as I'm sure they do mine as well...however I certainly wouldn't do a character attack and typically I only have to say "I disagree with their methods" if I had something negative to say and we're able to move on. Rarely would I be asked for detail as to why I disagree and have to get into the specifics.

If I bash another tuners practices/character it only shows what a nasty individual I can be and that's a turn off to potential and existing customers. It's always best to keep it professional and to take the high road whenever possible.

For example: I owned a computer store among other things from 2000-2006 and my main competitor was right across the court square...I continually had people walk directly from his store to mine after talking to him and they would tell me all about the nasty things he had to say about me. People can see through bs more than he knew and it only served to make himself look worse. Most people don't want to be around hateful people.

sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

just got back from mr. ivey.. made right about 540whp on 93 and meth... my dad bent my exhaust and kinked it so restricting my power.. it was 95 degres with 33% humidity.. once i get the exhaust fixed should be back at 570whp ish.. car runs smooth now all the way till redline..ill keep you posted..ivey is the man!!
Old Jul 12, 2008, 04:17 PM
Account Disabled

540awhp isn't anything to be disappointed with given the circumstances for sure...very nice.

got some charts yet?
Old Jul 12, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hawaiievo
so when is this party??? mind if i come? still a little new to the area.
I am off to meet up with Brandon and whom ever else...

Originally Posted by andreww238
just got back from mr. ivey.. made right about 540whp on 93 and meth... my dad bent my exhaust and kinked it so restricting my power.. it was 95 degres with 33% humidity.. once i get the exhaust fixed should be back at 570whp ish.. car runs smooth now all the way till redline..ill keep you posted..ivey is the man!!
congrats. +1 for Ivey
Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:15 PM

I just got retuned on swift today. very nice numbers and great job.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

yea im really excited.. if i can figure out how to upload this chart for you guys i will.. looks smooth..i really cant complain.. like you said.. with the circumstances... ivey just keep at it.. car broke up on top the first few pulls.. we threw some new plugs in and went from there...im going to pull the exhaust tom. to really inspect the damage and how excessive the kink is.. im just wondering how much affect this could have? its pretty interesting to me.

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos