Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andreww238
im talking a kink.. like down to 2" or suthing.. ill see if i can take a pic and upload it..

ohh ok. i was just wondering because i have a small dent in my DP. nothing that i would consider a kink.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoracingstar
pretty fun night last night paul. u need to get ur butt back to ct soon with some race gas! ahah.
good times. next time I will have to have my car a little lighter too.
Race gas and some GSXR 1000's will be fun
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how did it go out bro!? what is ur final #'s
No final numbers yet.
I left my car for Dan to mess around with a little. Something is off IMO. We put new plugs in, deleted the egr valve, no boost leaks, compresion across all cylinders perfect, and a new set of plugs. I was putting down low 500's and torque just over 400....but like I said its just off a bit.

With larger valves, a ported race head, balance shaft removal, 3 more pounds of boost, and the built engine I figured I could put down another 50-60whp...and since I already have put down 524...I of course was expecting around 600......BUT.....I realize it was 30 degrees warmer Saturday compared to the last time the car hit the rollers.

We'll see this week. The good news is the car was making something like 40 more whp at 5,000rpm and more torque which will definetly feel stronger either way. I trust them with my car and I know Dan won't kill the car just to make some number I have in my head....thats why I keep coming back to be honest.

I'll keep you posted.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
I know Dan won't kill the car just to make some number I have in my head....thats why I keep coming back to be honest.

I find this is a very important "issue" in the tuning scene.

Customers having a "number" in thier head can be a prescription for problems

The best plan is always to keep an open mind and be flexable when it comes to the final power figure. More imporant than peak power is how the data logs look and what is the state of tune to achieve the power produced
Old Jul 13, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I find this is a very important "issue" in the tuning scene.

Customers having a "number" in thier head can be a prescription for problems

The best plan is always to keep an open mind and be flexable when it comes to the final power figure. More imporant than peak power is how the data logs look and what is the state of tune to achieve the power produced
This explains my thoughts to be honest...I didn't rush the tune or take the car with out being happy...I left it for him to finalize the tune 100%.....you should mention that being another issue in this industry....everyone acts like building thier car should be done over night....sometimes it takes time to have everything built and tuned the right way.

Al...I gotta be honest....I like your attitude lately. It seems like ICS has been a positive thing in your life....you just seem happier bro. Keep it up. BTW...I like your car on the new turbo. The youtube vid was
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:22 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
This explains my thoughts to be honest...I didn't rush the tune or take the car with out being happy...I left it for him to finalize the tune 100%.....you should mention that being another issue in this industry....everyone acts like building thier car should be done over night....sometimes it takes time to have everything built and tuned the right way.

Al...I gotta be honest....I like your attitude lately. It seems like ICS has been a positive thing in your life....you just seem happier bro. Keep it up. BTW...I like your car on the new turbo. The youtube vid was
I am very happy at ICS, its great to be around such dedicated and talented guys like the new Ferarri guy George P is just a trip to watch him wrench as he has amazing skills. Having a team of good guys around you makes things a lot easier and makes work more enjoyable.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

fixed the exhaust today... used a acetaline torch to heat to cherry red.. slowly squezed the bended or kinked section and the pipe went back to perfect.. couldn't have asked for an easier fix.. it turned out really well..
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

fixed the exhaust today... used a acetaline torch to heat to cherry red.. slowly squezed the bended or kinked section and the pipe went back to perfect.. couldn't have asked for an easier fix.. it turned out really well..
Yaaa, VRMMMMMMMMM. lol
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

a lot of cars from my area are going to lebanon this saturday.. should be a fun time... few evos and a ton of subies
Old Jul 15, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

a lot of cars from my area are going to lebanon this saturday.. should be a fun time... few evos and a ton of subies
that should be a fun time! i want to go tho wen i get retuned!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 05:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Who's going to see the midnight showing of Dark Knight? I can't wait!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

yea the Z looked a little rough just looking at it...great numbers on that talon....
a few days ago ive been told theres been a lot of cars meeting at wendys in waterbury.. anyone hear about this also/ or has gone?
Ya theres always alot of cars every friday and saturday night down there. alot of racing too.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

HI Bosco!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

hell yeah. lol. you going to nopi at new england dragway?
well it looks like I wont be running at Nopi... no one will be...

July 16, 2008 It is with great regret that NOPI Motorsports, LLC has suspended operations for the summer and fall 2008. This will include NOPI Drag Racing Series, NOPI Drift Series and the NOPI NATIONALS Motorsports Supershow. The company is undergoing an organizational restructuring in light of severe adverse affects of a disappointing spring season. The economy and unfavorable weather resulted in underperformance of all spring events. Michael Meyers, president of NOPI Motorsports, reports that NOPI Motorsports is working with its clients and sponsors to minimize the uncertainty going forward. This is a reflection of the economic times in which we currently live. The countrywide economic and industry downturn has caused a slowdown and tightening of belts. This affects everyone and companies, at all levels, and NOPI Motorsports is no different.
We understand the position this puts everyone in and we hope you can find in your heart to work with us through this terrible time. All of you are our friends and we have felt for many years that we were all a big family.

NOPI Motorsports hates this more than anyone as the many years of hard work, tradition and an industry we helped to shape would come to this.

Please watch nopi.com for future announcements.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boybeatertsi
HI Bosco!
whos this

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos