Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Red08EVO
anyone around here got an exhaust pipe bender? seeing if i would be saving money on making exhaust or if would turn out the same.

wait ur going to make your own exhaust? thats isnt as easy as it sounds!! lol gl bro
Old Jan 22, 2009, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evoracingstar
wait ur going to make your own exhaust? thats isnt as easy as it sounds!! lol gl bro
I would do it my shop i work at. but it would have to be welded bends and it would just be easier use one long piece and bend so there arnt as many as welded joints. just lack the pipe bender.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys!!
Did anyone do a decibel test on their evo.. i keep getting pulled over bc i have BR cat back.. I honestly think its any louder then stock one i had.. I need to do a decibel test and prove it to them that its OK.. This is 4th time im getting pulled over, and this time it got me in bigger problem... so thanks up front.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mirebih
Hey guys!!
Did anyone do a decibel test on their evo.. i keep getting pulled over bc i have BR cat back.. I honestly think its any louder then stock one i had.. I need to do a decibel test and prove it to them that its OK.. This is 4th time im getting pulled over, and this time it got me in bigger problem... so thanks up front.
Dude the cops in Hartford must be crazy strict....I drive all around your part of CT with my car....no front plate and honestly my car is really loud. Ask Staatz about my car on the dyno....its the raspy-est annoying, ear deffening, sound ever at wot. Even at idle it sounds ridiculous......and with all that I have never been pulled over in CT.

Either im really lucky or your driving in an area that the police are really hard asses. I should note though, that my car is NOT my daily driver so I don't log anywhere near the miles you do each week which im sure is saving my butt as well.

Also, you should know the BR tb back with hfc and magnaflow is fairly quite in aftermarket exhausts standards.......but is absolutely louder than stock. If you do a decibel test im betting its going to rate much higher than your expecting.

If you figure out how to insert a silencer in the back of the magnaflow let me know....I would be interested for around town driving.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mirebih
Hey guys!!
o im use to that i get pulled over all the time they either write me tickets or warning i just laugh bc i never pay them i pledge not guilty. the last one i got this officer just wrote up this ticket i had to go to dmv to get inspected. so i swap my stock exhaust on went down there they check it out and filled out this little paper saying my exhaust is legal! so know if any cop pulls me over i show them that paper and they cant give me$hit for it any more. i was getting to the point where i was so annoyed by the cops pulling me over. its like they just want to find a reason to pull me over i ant driving fast just cruising. i dont like cops there nutten but trouble. i just go to school and work everyday and they try to f with me all the time. but i dont daily drive the evo. but good luck man! wen i went to the dmv they didnt even do a decibel check it was just visible check. lol
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

I would do it my shop i work at. but it would have to be welded bends and it would just be easier use one long piece and bend so there arnt as many as welded joints. just lack the pipe bender.
oo gotcha. gl bro. upload some pics when your done!
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

This is dedicated to all you CT guys that are sick of winter hear in New England.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ry-babies.html
Old Jan 24, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

mulholland.. which turbo did you go with??? post some numbers..
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Ya Eric, what is this..some SECRET BUILD!??!!?..lol Brandon told meeeee muahaha. Hope it turns out nice..lemme know how it goes.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Tony made the exhaust on my evo X ... came out great .. I hated the way the evo x looked with a fart can hanging out the back .. so we did a mid muffler exhaust .. Nothing was really out for the car when I purchased it last Feb.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

On that note .. my evo x exhaust is for sale .. full 3 in, mid muffler, no cat .. I used it with the ultimate racing dp which is $150 on lancershop.com .. $200 if you want it.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by boybeatertsi
Tony made the exhaust on my evo X ... came out great .. I hated the way the evo x looked with a fart can hanging out the back .. so we did a mid muffler exhaust .. Nothing was really out for the car when I purchased it last Feb.
pmed you. also who is Tony?
Old Jan 25, 2009, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Turbo Tony .. he's got an evo 8 and an elantra that went 10.1, he has a shop in northwest CT .. known for 4g63, SRT, etc (mostly 4 cyl turbo cars, but works on others as well)
Old Jan 25, 2009, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Tony with the fast azz elantra..seen that thing rip at Lebanon Valley. Love that car
Old Jan 25, 2009, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

yea lol ..

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos