Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
Well Alex, tell Corey and Paul......

That Eric said....there are a few CT evo's, besides my own, that will show up to said dyno day and reek havoc on that power board.

Good times.
yes sir

cant wait for my damn car to be done..taking longer then expected
Old Mar 29, 2009, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Well Alex, tell Corey and Paul......

That Eric said....there are a few CT evo's, besides my own, that will show up to said dyno day and reek havoc on that power board.

Good times.
Haha that's the whole reason I suggested the idea ...to show the rest of the country what we can do out here in little ol' CT. We're working on lots of new ideas for the shop and meets. We'd love to hear what you guys think. If you have any ideas please let us know. Our big opening meet should feature the usual...food, dyno runs, music, etc etc. We'll most likely have a raffle for either a certain amount of money (to be spent at ECS) or free dyno runs etc. I was also thinking about an annual (or more frequent) Evo vs. STI dyno shootout with prizes, and bragging rights, going to the top dog. What do you guys think?
-Alex@ECS

-Alex@ECS
Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Haha that's the whole reason I suggested the idea ...to show the rest of the country what we can do out here in little ol' CT. We're working on lots of new ideas for the shop and meets. We'd love to hear what you guys think. If you have any ideas please let us know. Our big opening meet should feature the usual...food, dyno runs, music, etc etc. We'll most likely have a raffle for either a certain amount of money (to be spent at ECS) or free dyno runs etc. I was also thinking about an annual (or more frequent) Evo vs. STI dyno shootout with prizes, and bragging rights, going to the top dog. What do you guys think?
I would love to see that happen.. That evo vs sti shootout sounds really good.
I know I wont win anything, but I know there are plenty of good evos around here that can.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 08:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mirebih
I would love to see that happen.. That evo vs sti shootout sounds really good.
I know I wont win anything, but I know there are plenty of good evos around here that can.
It wouldn't have to just be about top HP/TQ. Maybe we could also have a competition for most overall HP? We would probably have to limit the number of cars to 10 or so since we would be grossly outnumbered by Subarus We'll try and get a way for everybody to be involved....keep those ideas coming guys!
Old Mar 29, 2009, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Ah poop. I've only seen like two Evos in this backwater state so I was all excited to buy an Evo and be different. Then this thread, with all you guys in it, ugh.

The shootout sounds interesting though, will be fun to see.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Rake
Ah poop. I've only seen like two Evos in this backwater state so I was all excited to buy an Evo and be different. Then this thread, with all you guys in it, ugh.

Haha believe me you won't see that many Evos. I usually see 2 or 3 a month when I'm driving and I drive all over the state. You'll still be unique
Old Mar 30, 2009, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

^ yea i dont see many at all
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ see many evos....I come on this forum to see what they look like... I don't remember what mine looks like these days.

Seems like there are less and less around CT.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

^ see many evos....I come on this forum to see what they look like... I don't remember what mine looks like these days.

Seems like there are less and less around CT.
a lot of young kids have been buying used evos due to them becoming cheaper and cheaper. Ive been noticing more and more around.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
i always see them when im not in my evo

:/
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just saw 2 today on my way to work! a graphite grey one and a white one near manchester honda! who r you! you on here??
Old Mar 31, 2009, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Well, looks like I won't be going to anymore meets anytime soon and I won't be driving my Evo to the Uconn car show. I'll never be able to get it dynoed again. I'll never get to experience another Evo Fall Foliage Run in it. An 86 year old woman decided to turn left right in front of me causing a head on collision. I had no chance to react. It was like getting hit by a meteorite. God bless her and her family. I hope she's ok. Everyone walked away but both vehicles were totaled. Her insurance said they were up to $18K plus and that didn't take into account the suspension and drivetrain components. It could very well be north of $22K in damage. Keep in mind it's never seen snow and I can count on two hands how many times it's been rained on. It's been fun guys and I may buy an Evo 11 someday. Have fun and drive safe!!!!

PS. The wing survives!!!!!!!!

Last edited by NoTec; Mar 31, 2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Well, looks like I won't be going to anymore meets anytime soon and I won't be driving my Evo to the Uconn car show. I'll never be able to get it dynoed again. I'll never get to experience another Evo Fall Foliage Run in it. An 86 year old woman decided to turn left right in front of me causing a head on collision. I had no chance to react. It was like getting hit by a meteorite. God bless her and her family. I hope she's ok. Everyone walked away but both vehicles were totaled. Her insurance said they were up to $18K plus and that didn't take into account the suspension and drivetrain components. It could very well be north of $22K in damage. Keep in mind it's never seen snow and I can count on two hands how many times it's been rained on. It's been fun guys and I may buy an Evo 11 someday. Have fun and drive safe!!!!

Ahhh faaakk dude.. thats messed up.. I know you took great care of that evo, u drove that thing so carefully, and look what happened.. Thats messed up big time...
Good luck with the new purchase
Old Apr 1, 2009, 01:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NoTec

sorry for your loss bro. glad you and everyone else were able to walk away safely. everything happens for a reason. it couldve been alot worse. keep ya head up.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 02:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by The Rake

haha... i thought the same thing. and im still outnumbered over here in the groton new london area by all these pooparu's. where in New London are you at?

Alex - how about a mini "Best Looking EVO" and "Best Looking STI" at these shootouts as well?

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos