Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^He was at the auto hobby shop a month or two back putting on his exhaust with his boys and they were staring at me and my car like I wa an alien of some sort. I know him from when he comes into my work once and a while for the computers.

Most of the car guys I have met on base are cool with the exception of the Honda Elitist group.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm on base also. WW EVO 8 with gold advans. i dont really have a lot of people trying to get me to race them around here.....guess i dont drive the car enough.

Junior, get your motor fixed already!!!!
Old Oct 9, 2009, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

ww? im clueles again.. :-\ why dont you drive yours around here? and where ya work at?

so the honda guys on base are douches huh? not real surprising... lol.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

WW= wieghtless white. its not my daily driver. I only take it out on nice days i know its not going to rain. it sits in the garage during the winter. I havent even put 1000 miles on it this year.

I work at NSSF R-9
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

my bad will. thats to tell you how long i havent had the evo on base.
silky, that is all the evos in the area.....most are just on base. there are about 2 others i left off. but let me know when you want to get together so i can put you on.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 06:54 PM

It's all good. Dang I put almost 15k on mine last year alone. Course most of that was driving back and forth to pa to get work done to the car.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

well i put about 1000 on mines for this year so far. but thats cuz i havent driven it since april.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, definitely. so, i have a few questions now that i guess im kinda gettin to know you guys a little bit. my car is kinda gonna be a daily driver, but i plan on getting some thing done to it. do we have anywhere around here that does good work? also, my car has to stay outside all the time because i dont have a garage. i really want to get a car cover or sometihng for it. do you think it being outside will have any effect on it, and maybe any advice?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

^
yeah, definitely. so, i have a few questions now that i guess im kinda gettin to know you guys a little bit. my car is kinda gonna be a daily driver, but i plan on getting some thing done to it. do we have anywhere around here that does good work? also, my car has to stay outside all the time because i dont have a garage. i really want to get a car cover or sometihng for it. do you think it being outside will have any effect on it, and maybe any advice?
Well if you want the best in oil get Synthetic Amsoil or Royal Purple at Bumper to Bumper out the front gate next to Rt. 12. I would suggest the rugged car cover meant for the most inclimate weather. I personally dont know of any Evo tuner shops but i have been told about Subie Mods and Swift Motorsports in Norwich however I dont know the reputation of either. The only thing I would check is the underbody condition of the car to see if you have any rust damage and get it taken care of. everything else I would do is tires and brakes and other maintenance to get it ready for the winter.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by japan101
^

Well if you want the best in oil get Synthetic Amsoil or Royal Purple at Bumper to Bumper out the front gate next to Rt. 12. I would suggest the rugged car cover meant for the most inclimate weather. I personally dont know of any Evo tuner shops but i have been told about Subie Mods and Swift Motorsports in Norwich however I dont know the reputation of either. The only thing I would check is the underbody condition of the car to see if you have any rust damage and get it taken care of. everything else I would do is tires and brakes and other maintenance to get it ready for the winter.

Hope this helps.
+1. i saw you today coming down 12. i was in the blue suv. you had a crowd in your car. anyhow, a good car cover will do great for the winters if you dont have a garage. im good friends with the owners of subiemods. you can definitely go there for your car needs. swift had gotten a horrible reputation previously. however, they were bought out and are under new management. i know the new owners and they are cool people too. my boats making us work tomorrow so if you are gonna be in the area, give me a buzz. i pm'ed you my cell. lata
Old Oct 12, 2009, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

what kind on work are you planning on doing that you need a shop to do it for you?? If your not rebuilding the motor, its easy to do the work yourself. plus if you really needed to their is always the auto hobbie shop. if you need help with somthing then let us know.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

^EVOJR$, that wasnt me I just got back from NC today.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 03:02 AM
Evolving Member

hawaii, junior came out and took a look yesterday. i got a feelin we're gonna be doin a lot with this car. im gonna leave it up to him whether he wants to tell you or not. he seemed pretty excited about it. lol.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

evos are slow.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 04:24 AM

tim, your evo is slow, however mines super fast hahaha. you going to lebanon saturday?

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos