Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Connecticut Evos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well guys, there's been a recent development. just talked to the place that towed my car, and they told me that throughout the last two nights my car has been completely stripped down in their parking area. seat, rims, everything.... gone.... dont know about the engine yet.... it was fine from what we seen of it before though...... this just gets worse and worse....
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silkey00
well guys, there's been a recent development. just talked to the place that towed my car, and they told me that throughout the last two nights my car has been completely stripped down in their parking area. seat, rims, everything.... gone.... dont know about the engine yet.... it was fine from what we seen of it before though...... this just gets worse and worse....
that really sucks man. who towed the car?

sorry to hear all of this!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

i dont know if i should really say their name on here..... i dont wanna start any legal bull$hit....
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

i dont know if i should really say their name on here..... i dont wanna start any legal bull$hit....
Yeah good call.. I was just curious so its no big deal.

Good luck with all this man!

-Ethan
Old Oct 20, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well.. yeah... ok i guess. pretty banged up. but alright. so here's what happened. i was coming around a corner on route 12 over by mohegan sun. there's was an a$$hole semi parked in the middle of the highway. so i hit the brakes as soon as i seen him. unfortunately, it was going downhill, my front tires were completely bald, my tires locked up because apparently the ABS didnt work, and i maaaaaay have been going a little too fast. :-p so i smashed into the truck and completely totalled the car after having it for 3 weeks. :-(

soooo... they're supposed to make the decision on monday what's going to happen with it. there is no doubt in my mind that it is gonna get totalled. once it is, i am hoping they will sell it back to me for cheap. im not sure how that works, so im hoping they are good about it. the engine that i had in it was a monster, and i need it back really bad. not including the rest of the parts i could get off of the car.... lets all be hoping and praying they will give it back to me for cheap. if they do..... then we'll be building a monster evo from ground up this winter and spring... :-)
Sorry for the lose but an evo is a big investment to be driving around with bald front tires...especially since you weren't driving around at stock power levels.
Live and learn but at least you didn't get hurt....and more importantly you didn't hurt anyone else.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
Sorry for the lose but an evo is a big investment to be driving around with bald front tires...especially since you weren't driving around at stock power levels.
Live and learn but at least you didn't get hurt....and more importantly you didn't hurt anyone else.

sup bro how u been park the baby for the winter??
Old Oct 21, 2009, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

any word from the insurance company?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoracingstar

sup bro how u been park the baby for the winter??
I gotta give you a call when I have time...the car is going through some changes but it is gonna be even crazier when its done
Old Oct 22, 2009, 04:17 AM
Evolving Member

no word from the insurance company...... its still sitting over there at the place where it's been getting stripped.... its sittin one a block and a spare tire right now. :-( rims, calipers, rotors, seats, everything is gone. i've been trying to get it towed out of there before the engine disappears too, but apparently the cops are too busy to be in their office or call anybody back. and the insurance compant definitely doesnt give a F!CK
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

no word from the insurance company...... its still sitting over there at the place where it's been getting stripped.... its sittin one a block and a spare tire right now. :-( rims, calipers, rotors, seats, everything is gone. i've been trying to get it towed out of there before the engine disappears too, but apparently the cops are too busy to be in their office or call anybody back. and the insurance compant definitely doesnt give a F!CK
wow i would be going absolutely insane.. soon as i crashed it i would had them just towed it to my house n bought it back from insurance that sucks to see how people can just do this.. sry to hear about that man!

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
I gotta give you a call when I have time...the car is going through some changes but it is gonna be even crazier when its done
oh boy.. watcha doing now!! should see my car. no more motor in it! time for the build i been thinking alot. got a few things in mind maybe even a new turbo setup! give me a call man
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:55 AM

You need to talk to the tow company and make sure they arent even THINKING about charging you storage, since it was stripped on their property.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

no, they shouldnt be charging me a storage fee. the insurance should cover everything. and im pretty sure i smell a law suit coming out of this situation. there are just too many things going wrong here.... the police station hasnt been in their office, answered their phone, or called me back in three days. my car is STILL at the tow shop where its getting stripped, and my insurance adjuster STILL hasnt seen it. somebody's paying for this $HIT!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:25 PM

call your adjuster's manager. Who is the insurance company? I work alot with insurance companies, so i can tell you that depending on the company, 48-72 hours for an adjuster to come out isn't totally out of the ordinary.. but not much longer...

On another note... Does anybody know where evo Matt aka MixMasterMatt is? Kinda curious if he wants his car or not anymore... Since its just sitting...
Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Dibs Noah!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:45 AM

LOL! I just wanna know wtf he's doing with it.. Rally cars can always use spare parts!

Quick Reply: Connecticut Evos