Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Boston/NE Evo Dyno Day at KTR.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2003, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston/NE Evo Dyno Day at KTR.

Hi Everyone:

I think many of us are interested in knowing the baseline or modded HP for our Evos. So I think we should have a dyno day at KTR Performance, the only AWD Dyno in Boston area.

Anyway, I've called KTR and talked to Michael Green, a very nice person and the owner of two Galant VR4s. He is very open to the idea of an Evo Dyno day and told me that KTR will get a house Evo and will do mods for it. KTR has event/club rates for Dyno days. It's $1000 for up to 15 cars. Heres what you'll get:

Each car will make two consecutive runs with HP, Tractive Effort, A/F, and boost recorded. Each car will receive a print out of these two runs on two graphs showing all the readings.

So, I am thinking that if people are up for it, we'll do this dyno day one weekend. If we have 15 evos, it'll cost ~$70(after taxes) for your runs. If anyone want to dyno tune their evos, normal hourly rate will apply.

I'm also thinking, and this is pretty out there. It might be possible to ask Shiv from Vishnu Tuning to come. This will only happen if enough people are interested, Shiv agrees and some people agrees buying the Stage 0 kit from Shiv. Depend on Shiv, we might have to pay for Shiv's stay and Flight.

Anyway, I'm just throwing this idea out there. If you are interested. Please just reply to this post. Once I get 15 people, I will move forward with this idea. As for the timeframe, I think if this were to happen, it'll be on a sat or sun in mid-late sept.

www.ktrperformance.com

Let me know.
Yiyang
Old Aug 11, 2003, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add my name to the list, yycools.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 02:34 PM

Hey VVC,
I'm glad you checked out the prices at KTM. I wanted to, but have been too busy. Besides I didn't want to start somethinig there since I don't own an EVO. I am interested in going though, pulling if it's okay. I also know on the other boards, a few subys want to pull also. Do you think we could actually get mitsu's and suby's together? Let me know what you think.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

that is a great idea. i am in adn also i can provide Shiv with a place to stay if he is interested.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

I am posting this here because you are going to be using an all wheel dyno abd there seems some conflicts and controversy over dyno numbers on the Evo. They do not seem to correlate well not do some of them match measuered Evo accelleration numbers. The higher resolution readouts I have seen suggest some kind of ocillation is happening becasue the curves are very ragged. Could it be that the center diff. is reacting to the wheels pulling independant loads? Is is possible for there to be a skew fator here? If so, it seems like there would be some heating in the center diff to indicate it. Why not pull some runs on a track like you would on a dyno being careful to measure before and after center diff. oil temps, then compare to before after dyno pull temps. Another easy test would be to check for phase differences between front and rear wheels. A "cleaner" set of dyno numbers would be nice to see. Hope your dyno days are a big success.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for your insight wildrice, I'll keep that in mind.

I guess it looks like 3 people are on board.......riiiight. I Found out that Shiv will be at Pruven in CT on Oct 4th, 5th. you guys think he'll come over to KTR if we ask him? I am very close to get his stage 0(or stage 1 if its out by then) anyone else thinking about it? or interested in the dyno day idea at all?
Old Aug 11, 2003, 06:20 PM

dyno day

i would be interested. were are they located?
thanks scott
Old Aug 11, 2003, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

KTR performance is located in Ayer, MA. off Rt 2. about 40 minutes away from Boston.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

I like to add the following info:

Shiv charges $350 to tune a car at the coming Oct 4 & 5 at Proven Performance. I got this info from NASIOC forum:

Pricing:
$950 for Ecutek reflash and custom tuning
$1050 for plug-in XEDE and custom XEDE tuning
$350 per car for those who already have one of the above and just want tuning.

So, if we need to tune our car, we will need $350 Shiv + $75 Dyno at KTR. Not including acquiring XEDE for $795.
Old Aug 26, 2003, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a bump. I probably won't dyno, but I might. Recently found out we're having an addition to our family and my wife won't want me spending money on it, lol.

BTW, the S4 at KTR is absolutely ridiculous! I used to own an A4 with chip and exhaust and frequented Audiworld quite a bit. I never heard anything about that beast.

BTW, isn't there adrenalin in Worcester with an AWD dyno as well?

Take care,

FB