Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

i need an inspection sticker!!! in MA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need an inspection sticker!!! in MA

My car has the following bolt ons..... 255 fuel pump,injen upper icp and intake, hallman boost controller set at 22,ams licp,ams turbo back exhaust with a high flow cat, i thiink that about covers the mechanical parts that would make me fail..

Stock Cams

No CELS i have the anti fouler fix

The car has no tint on the windows so thats not an issue. the cars sticker went out in august the thing im worried about is how loud it is. Any one whos heard an ams turbo back can understand my concern. if you know anyone that can help me out that would be awesome thanks guys and gals
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Jus get the inspection and if u get the R sticker, drive around with that for a while.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

i have a i have a megan DP, perrin HFC, and a HKS catback i passed no problem...i mean you could always try to bribe the guy
Old Sep 9, 2008, 10:12 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just go for an inspection, i dont think they will fail you as long as you have no cel.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Depends on the station..

Simply ask them if they think there is any problem. One year I was driving to work and I realized I was 3 days late.. I found the nearest station, and almost immediately the guy was waving me off saying my car is too loud and he wouldn't pass me. I think it must have been the owner or senior mechanic there, he came out and said.. that sounds like it has cams. I said, that is correct. He told the young guy to stop hassling me, and he proceeded to ask me questions about the evo. He was actually a big old school muscle car guy and must have read about evos but never saw one. He asked to check out the car.. did everything by the book still, even tested my tint with a tint meter. Passed me no problem, and asked for a ride around the block.

Coolest gas station guy I've ever met... he was muttering to himself, I can't believe it's a 4 cyl after the ride.. haha.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds stereotyping but hey... Go to any of the Arabian, or lebonese gas stations that do them. They seem to be easiest. But I've never had a problem around me, if you don't throw a code MOST places around here won't do anything. They don't inspect under the hood or anything.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

There's plenty of places that will pass you without a probelm at all. And if they won't pass you, most places will tell you up front. I had 2 different stations warn me that I couldn't pass with my (old) tints...then I found a place that had no issue and I continue to give them business
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nesiop
Sounds stereotyping but hey... Go to any of the Arabian, or lebonese gas stations that do them. They seem to be easiest. But I've never had a problem around me, if you don't throw a code MOST places around here won't do anything. They don't inspect under the hood or anything.
no stereo typing, i take mine to a lebonese place. I started going to them when the place i used to go gave me a hard time about my exhaust. now my whole family gives them business.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

it's hit and miss usually. it helps if you have been into a place for other stuff before, even if just to buy gas, and build up a small relationship.

You could also just get a sh!tty silencer and put it in for the 5 blocks you'd need to drive to get inspected. I had an ebay exhaust that took a few tries and a statey threatening me with a ticket to get passed, so it can be frustrating!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Dave, wanna PM me and let me know what that place is that you use, I'm due for an inspection here soon...thanks!

Ajay
Old Sep 10, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HugoEvoIXMR
Jus get the inspection and if u get the R sticker, drive around with that for a while.
you sound like a real winner buddy, dam they sell these cars to anyone
Old Sep 10, 2008, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

im gonna try a couple places this weekend
Old Sep 10, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

I had everything that you have plus cams, it was loud but they pass me.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 08:56 PM

I go to this place in Framingham. It's on 126 towards downtown Framingham if you're coming from Rte 9. It's a no name gas station right across from a Mobil gas station and next to a fire station and past the courthouse. Been going for years. Try going there if you're in the area.