Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Just got a ticket for Reckless Driving

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2003, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by heshamnaim
thats all the fine is....no license suspention??????

here in IL it is a 2500 dollar fine and upto a two year lisence suspension
Yeah, but that is because they teach reckless driving in IL driver's ed, along with avoid the right lane like the plague . Seriously, I have been through IL when there are 4 lanes, and traffic will be stacked up in the three left lanes, but the right lane has no one for a mile (yes, I clocked it on my odometer.) What part of slower traffic keep right don't they get , better yet they need signs that say "Hang up and drive."

Get a lawyer, and postpone the trial also. That way the officer will likely forget what it was he deemed as reckless, and they will throw out the ticket. I had a similar situation, but it was for driving too fast for conditions, and the officer did not even show, so I won by default.

Last edited by Hammerli; Oct 15, 2003 at 08:57 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good here you got out of the worser ticket sometimes cops can be real jerks you know but they are a nessiary evil
Old Oct 16, 2003, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude i ****ign hate New Jersey cops. I in hackettstown going to college and so far in the past month and half i been pulled over 6 times!!! and when i was in pa where i live i was pulled over 1 time cause i had my underbody lights on but the dude said to turn em off and that was all. But everytime i been pulled over they search my car, and give me a bunch of bs. I got a ticket for having an arifreshner on my rear view mirror. and have a cover over my plate. The one cop sat there and said i had to remove my exhuast, Japan Plate in front, my trun signals which are white, and my tires where too low profile, i was like wtf... anyway it sucks cause whenever i leave college they follow me like i'm a crimal, everywhere i go there is a caop behind me. and the one time wher ei got a ticker for the plate cover he gave me a ticket for unclear plates cause he couldnt read them, but what i dont understand is that i was parked in McDonalds and then i pulled out (mind i have 3 black kids in the car) and then i pulled out and there was a car behind me and the cop pulled out right behind that guy before i was even 50 feet down the road he turned his lights on (it was at night too) and the guy behind me pulled off to the side and the cop went by and pulled me over. he had me step out of the vechile and was giving me tons of ****. He also said i was a distrbance to the town, and if the town cops pull me over again he woudl come and throw me in lockup. i was liek wtf.

anyway as u can tell i dont liek the f'n NJ Cops!!! well at least the ones in the town i go to college at.

sorry had to rant!

John
Old Oct 17, 2003, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get a lawyer and fight it!!!! trust me on this.... my family are cops and they will tell you that there are power hungry little dicks out there that give tickets just cause they have the power... so get your self a lawyer and fight it.... it will save you on point and insurance.... jersey is 5points for reckless and maybe even suspension....