Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

CT- new england foliage run...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2008, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are looking for some CT twisties, check out page 154 in the Jan.2008 WindingRoad magazine: http://windingroad.nextautos.com/win...b/?folio=cover.

This is a nice route by some reservoirs.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

If you are willing to travel a little further I would recommend a drive through Dutchess County, NY. I was there this summer and it was easily some of the most beautiful countryside I have seen on the East Coast.

My west-to-east route started at the Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park, NY (photo op?) and ended in Amenia, NY. The highlights were Netherwood Rd through the Salt Point Turnpike (CR17) up to Hwy 82. Then we hit the real jackpot as we meandered from Attlebury, NY to Amenia, NY taking little back roads. All of those small roads between Rt82, Rt44 and Rt199 seem like real winners.

Last edited by 286bhp; Sep 28, 2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Google Maps Version of the Winding Roads Trip
Old Sep 28, 2008, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

I like that route 58.. Set the date already.. LOL
Can someone come up with the whole cruise route, so we all know where we heading ( Im not very good with all the routs in CT, I didnt travel that much), we should make couple of stops somewhere, maybe we find more evos at those stops too... and from there set the date and time..
Old Sep 28, 2008, 01:22 PM

the lime rock idea would be awesome, but pretty sure we'd have to set something up in advance and get people to pay in advance for a track day no? Winding roads sounds promising. Multiple meet up spots along the way would be cool too that way we could get more people to join in and they don't have to drive back and forth all over the place, but could also be a little more complicated.

I say keep more ideas coming then we'll start a poll once we narrow them down we can set a date.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

We need to get more people involved in this... There is only like 5-6 guts replying to this tread...
we gotta bump it every few minutes. LOL
Old Sep 28, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I have no money for a track day - and I run dedicated track pads, so I wouldn't be able to do all the street driving on them.

I like the other ideas though.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 05:55 PM

let's save the "track day" for other day... let's focus on good twisty and back country side. the name is foliage so we gotta see the color of the leaves... .... anyway... we do need more people to participate and post their most favorite route. it doesn't matter if we have to travel to NY but we need to make sure it makes sense for everybody. obviously we're in CT so we want to use our own roads first ... plz contribute people... this is your run so make it good.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 06:32 PM

I agree track day would be cool, but I don't feel like spending money on that right now lol. Took a closer look at Winding Roads and it definitly looks great we have water/trees/bridges(anyone know a cool spot to meet up hangout around there?). Also curious where everyone would be coming from? and keep the ideas coming for more cool stops/roads for whatever this turns into.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Norwich area - so that is about 1.5 hrs from me.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

north western CT is good for a cruise ..

What date, time, place?
Old Sep 29, 2008, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

I'm in as long as it isn't too far from NY. I'm sure I can get a few subies to join if you guys don't mind. OP should update the first post with all the details.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 05:45 AM

everyone is welcome as long as they're an enthusiasts and a mature driver as the original post said. you are responsible for your own actions so there isn't much i can say more about that.

DATE and TIME will set once we ID the route we're taking. IF we're doing more than one route, we will need someone to step up and scout the area for cops, traffic, rest stops, scenery. Also the finalize route will not be posted on here as I'm trying to minimize the added traffic on the cruise day. Whoever want to join will either get a PM from me or email. I'm not trying to be difficult or secretive as I'm trying to avoid from all unnecessary troubles.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jkaky
everyone is welcome as long as they're an enthusiasts and a mature driver as the original post said. you are responsible for your own actions so there isn't much i can say more about that.

DATE and TIME will set once we ID the route we're taking. IF we're doing more than one route, we will need someone to step up and scout the area for cops, traffic, rest stops, scenery. Also the finalize route will not be posted on here as I'm trying to minimize the added traffic on the cruise day. Whoever want to join will either get a PM from me or email. I'm not trying to be difficult or secretive as I'm trying to avoid from all unnecessary troubles.
They're a good group of guys. They're the ones from the CTC meets where steveO and Robevo have attended. Keep me informed and I'll let them know.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys should post this in the CT evo thread since im betting many owners haven't seen this thread.

Their are plenty of places for a cruise in CT....just pick the place and time asap to give everyone a chance to make the drive.

It would be interesting to have a huge CT photoshoot with everyone there.

Quick Reply: CT- new england foliage run...