Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

CT- new england foliage run...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2008, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up CT- new england foliage run list of attendees

Be on the look out for next year, hope to see you all again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all updates will be in red, so check frequently to get the latest info

Second Foliage Run 2009
Official date will be October 17 2009. It's a Saturday. We'll meet at 9AM and head out at 9:30.

details to follow. let's get this going before all the leaves are gone like last year

people who are interested; please let me know if you're coming in from far away so i can wait for you. PM me for my cell number

-jkaky
-kyriptic
-allinevo
-ethan169
-OneEyedJack
-mirebih
-RedWing03
-japan101
-

ACTUAL RUN date is Nov 2 (last year). Hopefully, there won't be any rain that day or the day before.

Time departure is 8Am. We are definitely do our best to stick to scheduled time. Please try to be there at least 5 minutes early so we can line up and head out as soon as possible.

Meeting place is exit 69 off East 84. There is a park and ride lot right off the exit, this is where we're all meet, line up and head out from.

TOTAL driving is 56.9 miles and google map estimates 2 hours and 14 minutes. depending on the way we actual drive and since it's on an early sunday morning, traffic should be very little hence driving time will be at least 30 minutes shorter than estimated. i've focused on lots of twisty, fun but also manageable roads. there are some really tight turns and blind corners that we will have to watch out for. please drive with a discretion that you're trying to AVOID SMASHING INTO THE CAR IN FRONT so please, do not go nuts unless you see that it's safe and you can control your car.

i'm thinking picture opp. will take us about 30-45 minutes of setting up, snapping pictures, looking at the nature, trees, leaves and lake. Oh there aren't any "real" public restrooms anywhere we stop so try not to drink too much water or whatever you guys choose to keep awake ... i'm serious, unless we're all guys, i don't care where you do your business but i'm thinking there are girls coming... well you all know where i'm going with this so use your best judgment.

FILLED UP YOUR CAR before the start of the drive or at least have enough to last till the very end of the route. THERE AREN'T ANY GAS STATIONs anywhere we drive unless we went out of our planned routes and look for it. Please do not b!tch at me about no gas stations as I do not have any type of control over that if you really want to scream at people, go scream at the town

FOOD is at the end of the cruise and there are some pic of it already on the thread. i've talked to the girl who worked there and she knows we're coming. last time i was there, i had a cheeseburger platter and it's pretty good. the place give you a good portion and the price is decent. the place isn't big but i'm sure they can fit all of us.

People-

- jkaky
-kyriptic
-berniEvo --> tentative possibly out... PUNK
-mirebih
-smikeEvo --> out
-ethan169 --> out
-AutobonEvo
-allinevo
-justboosted02
-NoTec
-personal_golf
-1slowevo
-
-

Last edited by jkaky; Oct 18, 2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: updates
Old Sep 27, 2008, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree with the OPs position - no crazy, illegal driving.

Some ideas...

Start the meet up at a cider mill (I am from MI, I don't know of any in CT - but I'm sure there are some around). Its fall - whats better than warm cider and a donut? Not much.

Small old towns - great for pics.

Wooden bridges - great for pics.

Weekend morning - like a Saturday morning. Early is nice, clean crisp air, open roads, general fallness in action.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 09:37 AM

early session is great. i don't know much about wooden bridge here in CT but deffy will start the run as early as humanly can so we can avoid all traffic. driving style is deffy "spirited" but with a touch of maturity and sensibility. again you are responsible for your actions so please do think before you pull a "fast and furious" moment
Old Sep 27, 2008, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

I thought I saw one in Fairfield County. There was a PBS or something on the local stations about it being one of the richer parts to CT and how some of the residents there could be millionaires but choose not to flaunt their wealth. One was a outdoor sculptor...had some pretty nice pieces up on his barn and on his land. Some pictures there would be cool.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:02 AM

ok a fleet of loud *** EVO with mostly young drivers going through a rich *** town filled with wealthy people really isn't feasible. they'll probably stop us every stop lights due to noise infraction... we want some where there are lots of tree and leaves ... any other CT ppl here have any ideas?? let's try and make this a memoriable drive and maybe a tradition for later years..
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Cruising in a town wont be an issue. If people act stupid - wont matter where we go -- people will hate us.

Bump for more ideas - like I stated, I am not a local. I have no idea whats out here.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

im so done for a cruise
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Weathersfield and Rocky Hill are pretty old towns with few nice parks... There is a nice lake pound in Rocky Hill, with plenty of trees and leaves.. That could be starting location..
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by cthcky5
im so done for a cruise
you mean down or done as in u do not want to participate.

yup rocky hill and wetherfield is great starting location as there are tons of trees... we can hit r9 and back road around there as well... through clinton and stuffs...
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

yup rocky hill and wetherfield is great starting location as there are tons of trees... we can hit r9 and back road around there as well... through clinton and stuffs...
Yes, we can, we just need to figure out couple of stops... All the way from CT up to MA, or NY, or something
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

typo* sorry...i am so down for a cruise
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:34 AM

come on guys... i know there are tons of CT ppl on here... if you have an idea, just throw it out. there's no right or wrong answer ... we need recommendation of diff. roads out there.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:40 AM

colchester is pretty nice and tree filled had a meet with the ctsub.com peepz at plum tomato once and we even chilled at some bridge for a bit and little water pass. Definitely had some nice twisty sides over there.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

I am in Colchester just about every night to work after hours at the coffee shop. Seen a few Subies, they usually wave - seem like cool guys.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

we should do a cruise through lakeville CT and end up at lime rock and let the cars loose... now that would be a fitting ending!

Quick Reply: CT- new england foliage run...