Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

EVO vs. ESX WRX grudge match - and BIG EVO meet !

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2003, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al, not for nothing, but I don't think ESX chickened out, did they?

Unfortunately they are not just coming to the east to go to the Shootout, they have a list of actual races they are attending back here for the next month and a half.

All they are asking is that you show you actually have something for them. Which is not only fair for them, but fair to all the Evo and Subaru fans that want to see it happen. Come down, make a few runs all by yourself, and then run the ESX car. But lets just say your car, for whatever reason, runs 11.8s all day long and Easy Street runs a few low 10's, maybe even a 9 second pass. No real need for any match race. I'm sure your EVO is as quick as you think it is, so no harm in a few warm-up passes.

Besides, all the free pizza you can eat Friday night and a chance to meet all your old Subaru buddies, why not make a trip down? I know there are other CT Subaru guys treking down.

I understand it is a haul for you, especially since you are driving, so there is a lot at stake. But to say Easy Street Chickened out is simply not fair as I don't believe they ever stated they weren't going to race, no questions asked. They, along with most people, would like to know it is going to be a good race. I usually do not get involved with these topics but I just don't want the EVO guys getting the wrong idea.

It's pretty much up to you whether you want to race Easy Street. Everyone will understand should you choose not to though

-Matt
W&L Subaru
www.wandlsubaru.com
Old Sep 12, 2003, 09:08 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally posted by Alfriedesq
Adam - that would be great !

Everyone - DONT go to www.beaversprings.com this weekend - unless you feel like watching a whole bunch of SLOWbarus!!

I am NOT going to the event becuase ESX is a bunch of chickens and they punked out of racing me without adding a bunch of conditions - forget them

I have a few more things to get done on my ride - - and I should be at a track real soon !
That "slowbaru" ran a 9.75@137mph this past week (9/6). They sure aren't chickens. Sorry, but with both cars driven correctly, that WRX will suck your doors off!
Old Sep 12, 2003, 10:00 PM

Al, your a sellout nothing more nothing less

if they are Slowbarus, I was thinking:. why are you posting your record times @ Beaversprings with pride?

lucky for you your not going, cause I don’t think anyone in Beavertown rebuilds engines Saturdays. I don’t want to see you walking on 84 hitchhiking

Last edited by WRXSAVVY; Sep 12, 2003 at 10:06 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Noize

That "slowbaru" ran a 9.75@137mph this past week (9/6). They sure aren't chickens. Sorry, but with both cars driven correctly, that WRX will suck your doors off!
Well - with slicks - an auto tranny and a 200 shot of nos - I would think they have the advantage in drag racing

However - just remember - my evo is way faster than yours and I would suck your doors off 10 x's worse than ESX would on me !
Old Sep 13, 2003, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Is this still going on? Cause I really need to know so I can leave my house NOW!!!
Old Sep 13, 2003, 10:39 AM

NICE PUTTIN IT AL. I THINK YOU SHOULD JUST TAKE THEM OUT AND GIVE THEM THE *** WHOOPIN THAT THEY NEED.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ONE_FAST_RIDE2
NICE PUTTIN IT AL. I THINK YOU SHOULD JUST TAKE THEM OUT AND GIVE THEM THE *** WHOOPIN THAT THEY NEED.
I am swapping over to my sponsored parts - mainly the NX 75 shot; Tein EDFC and the new Ferrea valve train for evos which I should have sometime late next week - - after that I will be making a trip to the track for a much needed demonstration of evoitis
Old Sep 13, 2003, 11:06 AM

GOOD JOB. I WANT A EVO SO BAD I CAN ALMOST TASTE IT. I SHOULD HAVE WAITED 3 MONTHS AND I WOULD HAVE GOT ONE. NOW I JUST HAVE TOO MUCH INVESTED. O WELL I WILL HAVE ONE BY NEXT YEAR. JUST DO ME A FAVOR AL, BEAT ALL OF THOSE SLOWBARU'S FOR ME ALRIGHT.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 01:27 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
Well - with slicks - an auto tranny and a 200 shot of nos - I would think they have the advantage in drag racing

However - just remember - my evo is way faster than yours and I would suck your doors off 10 x's worse than ESX would on me !
Wow, your 11 second car will beat my STOCK EVO?!?!?!? I'm shocked. It would be a good race, though. The gap between you and I would be about the same gap between you and the EXS car.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 01:29 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally posted by ONE_FAST_RIDE2
GOOD JOB. I WANT A EVO SO BAD I CAN ALMOST TASTE IT. I SHOULD HAVE WAITED 3 MONTHS AND I WOULD HAVE GOT ONE. NOW I JUST HAVE TOO MUCH INVESTED. O WELL I WILL HAVE ONE BY NEXT YEAR. JUST DO ME A FAVOR AL, BEAT ALL OF THOSE SLOWBARU'S FOR ME ALRIGHT.
TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK. IT IS ANNOYING AS SHAT WHEN YOU POST.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Noize

Wow, your 11 second car will beat my STOCK EVO?!?!?!? I'm shocked. It would be a good race, though. The gap between you and I would be about the same gap between you and the EXS car.
I heard ESX ran a 16 sec time slip today - I think I could have beat them going backwards
Old Sep 13, 2003, 04:09 PM
In Timeout

I didn't go because its raining here...So looks like maybe acouple passes got in...but nothing else...
Old Sep 13, 2003, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah - they did rain passes - good thing I didnt drive all the way down there

I figure I'll snag those ESX guys at Maple Grove on the 27th when they wont be able to set any "rules" or conditions - - the timeslip will talk BS walks
Old Sep 13, 2003, 04:45 PM

what are you talking about their car was under the tent allday, we left when BeaverBob said he was going to pull the plug on the event. Last i heard some cars just passed the 1/4 mile for kicks. Besides EasyStreet looked fast enough standing still.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by WRXSAVVY
what are you talking about their car was under the tent allday, we left when BeaverBob said he was going to pull the plug on the event. Last i heard some cars just passed the 1/4 mile for kicks. Besides EasyStreet looked fast enough standing still.
Who knows if half the stuff people gossip about is true or not - I was told by someone that ESX made a 16 sec pass and they were the first timed run of the day - who cares anyways - it sucks that it rained

Quick Reply: EVO vs. ESX WRX grudge match - and BIG EVO meet !