Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

EVO vs. ESX WRX grudge match - and BIG EVO meet !

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2003, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Alfriedesq
Who knows if half the stuff people gossip about is true or not - I was told by someone that ESX made a 16 sec pass and they were the first timed run of the day - who cares anyways - it sucks that it rained
I was standing in the tent when Ali decided to try and run the car down the strip. The rest of the crew (and Ali's mom) were more then a little concerned about his safety in running on a very wet track, and he responded by saying "I’ll just make a 16-17 second pass to get a feel for the track to see if I can hook up at all"

Ali never did hook up and just made a nice slow drive down the track.

Al, I have a lot of respect for the numbers that you have put up with the EVO, but I am quite sure that Ali would have put the wood to you. Their car is fast, and believe it or not it's street able enough to fit 4 people in on the cruise to the bar we all took that night.

Your evo is going to need some development time before it runs those numbers. I have no doubt that you'll get it into the 9s soon enough, but as the race was proposed I would have bet my money on Ali and the guys from TRP.

All said, we missed having you around the shoot-out this year.

-Nathan
www.turboxs.com
Old Sep 14, 2003, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by nmyeti

I was standing in the tent when Ali decided to try and run the car down the strip. The rest of the crew (and Ali's mom) were more then a little concerned about his safety in running on a very wet track, and he responded by saying "I’ll just make a 16-17 second pass to get a feel for the track to see if I can hook up at all"

Ali never did hook up and just made a nice slow drive down the track.

Al, I have a lot of respect for the numbers that you have put up with the EVO, but I am quite sure that Ali would have put the wood to you. Their car is fast, and believe it or not it's street able enough to fit 4 people in on the cruise to the bar we all took that night.

Your evo is going to need some development time before it runs those numbers. I have no doubt that you'll get it into the 9s soon enough, but as the race was proposed I would have bet my money on Ali and the guys from TRP.

All said, we missed having you around the shoot-out this year.

-Nathan
www.turboxs.com
No doubt they have a great car - its sure fast ! Basically you know me by now - I was just trying to have a little fun ! They prob would have beat me but - like I said before - it would have been a nice setting to greak a new EVO drag record and who knows - I just may have pulled off an upset ! Its too bad that my car developed so many problems it would have taken a crazy week of solid work and a toin of loot on fed ex to get it ready for the race and since ESX did not agree to the race without conditions it was not worth the effort on my behalf - - now I am taking a relaxing two to three weeks to get everything perfect and prepare for my last assault on the www.beaversprings.com 100 mph club

Dan at pruven is currently hard at serious work building his black evo for the USCC and i got to tell you that car is going to put a serious dent in my record holding aspirtaions - it looks like a 650 whp set up that will prob be doing 10.20 - 10.30 times with a full interior and heavy stereo set up

As far as devlopment on the evos - Pruven and Forced Perfmance have it all figured out already - its just a matter of transfering all the same parts over and you're done

One thing I really need from you guys is the TXs exhuast set up - I really hope that sucker is comming out soon !
Old Sep 14, 2003, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq

As far as devlopment on the evos - Pruven and Forced Perfmance have it all figured out already - its just a matter of transfering all the same parts over and you're done

When I said development I was referring to actual suspension setup, and driver technique. I have no doubts that you can make the power, even less so if you are going to be running a well-sorted FP turbocharger.

-Nathan
www.turboxs.com
Old Sep 14, 2003, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by nmyeti

When I said development I was referring to actual suspension setup, and driver technique. I have no doubts that you can make the power, even less so if you are going to be running a well-sorted FP turbocharger.

-Nathan
www.turboxs.com
I tell you - the suspension on these EVO's is sick - until I hit over 550 whp with the nos I was able to even hit the nos in the RAIN! and it didnt break loose. Its amazing these tires and the Tein's its great combo out of the box . I would like to get some lighter wheels if I can save up a few $$ but thats about all I need.

The Pruven/FP combo is well established - all you need is the FP30, a giant fmic; 3" intercooler to intake pipe; a custom intake manifold and crazy fuel supply; throw it all in a bag and mix with a haltec and you got an easy 550 plus who without spray. For me - I am sticking with the realtively small 3037s - its very responsive and fast spooling - although much weaker on top than the mighty FP30

So far the drivetrain seems bullet proof - although Dan's black car will surely be paving new ground as far as what the stock parts can take

I am really looking forward to the relase of your exhuast system - I've seen some of your new WRX offerings and I am very impressed with the apperance, sound and fit - if the evo exhaust is of the same quality it will be a winner !
Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

I don't know about that ESX WRX. It's an STi now, or at least looks like one. I'm assuming it's the same car. They made the trek out to PA this past weekend for the IDRC event at Maple Grove. From what I know, at IDRC events, they run the street tire class.... and running their 9.9's, it makes them very competitive. HOWEVER, this car ran the Pro Am RWD/AWD class this weekend. How gay is that? He did run a 10.0 or something before he broke (qualified but didn;t make any rounds). How are you gonna come out from Cali, WITH a race crew, to race a class that has no points, with a $750 payout? No bull****, I think he was afraid of John Shepherd. By the way, Shepherd cracked an 8.9 run. Looked awesome.

Anyway, the Easy Street car is nice and all, and makes a whole lot of power, but the fact that he ran the Pro Am class instead of street tire class kinda disappointed me.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

The ESX wrx is still a WRX body. It's just a 2004 WRX body now.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 03:46 PM
dwx

They just put the 2004 body parts on the car, it's the same car as it was before.

I think the car is too heavy to run the kind of times John Shepard runs. Apparently with the driver it's almost 3300 lbs. It pretty much just has added weight with the rollcage.

The Rigolis who build the engine for the ESX car have a WRX Wagon in Aus that just ran a 9.12@149mph. Dont' know if you'll ever see that in the US though.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:29 PM

Al your kind of quite now what happen
did somthing break

Last edited by WRXSAVVY; Sep 30, 2003 at 08:34 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by WRXSAVVY
Al your kind of quite now what happen
did somthing break
Don't worry man - big things are in the works !

I just have been busy the past week with the Dyno Flash machine - BUT - my car will soon be back to attack mode
Old Sep 30, 2003, 10:58 PM

keep us posted!

wait your sponsors are gone from your signature,
did you kick them to the curb?

Last edited by WRXSAVVY; Sep 30, 2003 at 11:01 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Al, I though you blew the engine, and that your car was stolen? Is this still true, or did you buy/get a new car and engine?
Old Oct 1, 2003, 08:48 AM

Wink NEW GIRL

HI GUYS IM NEW IN HERE SO I DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT TOSAY, BUT THAT I LOVE MY EVO8
Old Oct 1, 2003, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

I think Al is a jack *** that likes to waste peoples time.

Lets see your ferrari Al,,,,,,,, remember when your were going to post pictures latter that night!!!!!!

Dont believe anything this fool has to say!
Old Oct 1, 2003, 10:58 PM

damn that was shoot, sometimes he acts like an
you wont hear any "Pruven this Pruven that" talk anymore, there having problems with their Evo as well
Old Oct 2, 2003, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by WRXSAVVY
damn that was shoot, sometimes he acts like an
you wont hear any "Pruven this Pruven that" talk anymore, there having problems with their Evo as well
Somehow - I seriously tht you wont be hering from them! AND - you certainly WILL be hearing from me !

Quick Reply: EVO vs. ESX WRX grudge match - and BIG EVO meet !