Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

EVO vs. ESX WRX grudge match - and BIG EVO meet !

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2003, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EVO vs. ESX WRX grudge match - and BIG EVO meet !

When Sept 13, 2003 - 4:00 p.m.

Where - www.beaversprings.com

What - I have challenged the world's fastest WRX - ESX - a 9.99 second WRX drag car with auto trans to a grudge match / drag race at the conclusion of this years' Subaru Shootout in Beaver Springs, PA

http://www.wandlsubaru.com/en_US/

My race with them is from 4:00 p.m. - I have rented the track there from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - - any EVO's or DSM's who want to come down and take a few runs can come on down and run your car for that hour - there will not be that many cars so you should be able to do as many runs as you like

Also - earlier that day from 10:00 am to 4:00 p.m. is the subaru shootout which should be an amazing event again this year with a huge turn out of who's who is the world of fast subarus !!!

I am hoping that I might be able to blow out the world's fastest WRX drag car with my street driver; daily driver EVO with stock drivetrain - - that would make quite a statment about suabraus and DSM's eh ???? At the very least - I want to set a new world's record with my EVO on that date

Hope some of you EVO guys can come down and make the show !

Entry is free for all spectators !

OH - and did I mention that the next day is the BIG import drag event at Beaver Springs

Last edited by Alfriedesq; Sep 2, 2003 at 09:29 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAHA! You must have gotten well more than your 600WHP estimate to challenge a 9.99sec car. My prayers are to you and your transmission!!!

Kick some bizzle! Fer Shizzle!!!
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck Al and represent for all us Evo owners here.
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:18 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by BadBoyBeltran
My prayers are to you and your transmission!!!
Amen brother!
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by BadBoyBeltran
HAHA! You must have gotten well more than your 600WHP estimate to challenge a 9.99sec car. My prayers are to you and your transmission!!!

Kick some bizzle! Fer Shizzle!!!
facts are - those ESX guys only made ONE 9.99 sec pass !

I saw them at Enlgsihtown and they blew up the motor making a mid 10 sec pass

They paid Tony Riggoli from australia to build and tune their engine back in the day - - but these days I have no heard of them making any really fast times

The beaver springs track is very slippery and I feel I have the edge off the line as I have epxeprience there

Anyway - who cares if I WIN or LOOSE - - If I beat them I'll have bragging rights for years - beating a trailered full out race car - - and IF I loose - well what did you expect with a daily driver EVO against a drag car with an auto trans and a 200 shot ?????

You know I have to get my car to the track to try and be the 1st to break into the 10's so what better a chance to do it than racing the world's fastest WRX ??????

In reality - those ESX guys will prob chicken out; not show up or blow up earleir in the day

Anyway - it will be lots of fun on the track for any EVO's that show up !
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: EVO vs. ESX WRX grudge match - and BIG EVO meet !

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
When Sept 13, 2003 - 4:00 p.m.

Where - www.beaversprings.com
Al unfortunately I will be unable to attend. My neice is a Bat Mitzvah on that date.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you. May your engine stay together and hold off the Subaru by at least .01/sec. Keep the shiney side up...

Have fun...

Flybyevo...
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Just don't blow up your hot little '63 before then either, Al!

Best wishes for that match-up. I hope it happens and you kick some tail.

Also, get whichever Evo owner got a ride in your car to post some of the video he took already!
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by JRock
Just don't blow up your hot little '63 before then either, Al!

Best wishes for that match-up. I hope it happens and you kick some tail.

Also, get whichever Evo owner got a ride in your car to post some of the video he took already!
I have a dyno video from today if someone can post it up somehow ???? I will email it let me know !
Old Sep 2, 2003, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

DAMN BRO, ESX WRX!!!! That car is no JOKE!!! But as a hardcore DSMer I will definitely be chearing for ya I'll definitely try to make it there for it and try to get it on video!!! I don't think I will take the beast since It will be down, I will be adding more goodies to it . Best of luck and go kick some A$$!!!
Old Sep 2, 2003, 09:26 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
You better have A LOT of tricks up your sleeve and have your driving cap on, because I fear teh Rigoli powered car will mow you down with ease. Good luck anyway.
Old Sep 2, 2003, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Noize
You better have A LOT of tricks up your sleeve and have your driving cap on, because I fear teh Rigoli powered car will mow you down with ease. Good luck anyway.
My car should be a mid 10 sec car now and from what I seen the ESX car is mostly a mid 10 sec car till they blow up
Old Sep 2, 2003, 09:45 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Having a 10 second car and driving it into the 10s are two different things. I watched my dad back up in Indiana fight out of the low 11s and into the 10s for a long time. He has well over 650whp on the motor before hitting the spray. Its a crazy balancing act.

Have you ever run tens in any of your past cars? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Al.
Old Sep 2, 2003, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Noize
Having a 10 second car and driving it into the 10s are two different things. I watched my dad back up in Indiana fight out of the low 11s and into the 10s for a long time. He has well over 650whp on the motor before hitting the spray. Its a crazy balancing act.

Have you ever run tens in any of your past cars? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Al.
No - I never did it before - BUT - I certainly ain't going to get any more sponsors sitting on my fat *** watching TV and posting on here - I have to take some chances to build some momentum - beat those guys is part of my big plan

Remember when Buster Douglas knocked out mike Tyson>>>???
Old Sep 3, 2003, 12:31 AM

I'm going to try to make it up there just to see this match up.

And if you happen to win, there's another WRX coming to the scene shortly that should top the ESX car, Ron at Axis has something up his sleeve.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Hopefully there will be lots of video rolling for this event. I only wish I could be there in person!

<shakes fist> Curses to you, Pacific Northwest!

Quick Reply: EVO vs. ESX WRX grudge match - and BIG EVO meet !