Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Any queens, nyc Evos out there?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2008, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EVO Meet

Originally Posted by NYC4g63IX
i wouldnt mind a cold meet lol....we should def tho...
Hey Guys,

Whenever you guys are ready, we can do this. Just give me heads up so I can plan accordingly.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u install springs and new bumper lips? lol
yes and yes
Old Nov 25, 2008, 07:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2006EVOIXMR
Hey Mojo,

I want to schedule a Tune for this coming December, but with my mod listed below, how much WHP and WTQ do you think I would achieve?

My Mods: Stock Turbo and Stock Cams
BR TBE w/HFC and Bullet Muffler
BR Ceramic/Ported O2 Housing
BR MBC
ETS 3" Intercooler
ETS UICP (w/ stock battery)
ETS LICP
ETS Intake (Pipe and Cone)
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

I saw another person on evom with a similar set-up and he achieved 370whp, the TQ not so good 330WTQ.
Here's the link https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=376459
I apologize as well for continuing off topic. The car will actually make a lot of power with the cold weather but that's besides the point. How come so many people are worried about torque. Torque is the enemy. Torque kills clutches, head gaskets and drivetrain components, Give me a good hp curve. Also, 93 octane can't handle all the torque (boost) at low rpm's that the stock turbo can put out.

I think 370WHP is towards the upper limit of the stock turbo. Mellon made 400whp (Data Log Lab) on a cammed Evo 8 with a Green and that's all it had so 30WHP less with a stock 9 turbo would be impressive as well. Give me a call when your ready and we can give it a shot. -Adam
Old Nov 26, 2008, 06:30 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mojo Motorsport

I think 370WHP is towards the upper limit of the stock turbo. Mellon made 400whp (Data Log Lab) on a cammed Evo 8 with a Green and that's all it had so 30WHP less with a stock 9 turbo would be impressive as well. Give me a call when your ready and we can give it a shot. -Adam
hey Adam, just to add a little more detail...the average Green car makes about 385-395awhp in DLL in the summer with a few freaks that make 400-420 but those are rare and typically in cold weather.

going from the stock EVO 8 10.5 turbo on my own car I only picked up about 35awhp on 93 octane and wasn't too impressed. The 9 turbo narrows that gap a little better. I think the green needs better octane for it to really stretch it's legs.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
hey Adam, just to add a little more detail...the average Green car makes about 385-395awhp in DLL in the summer with a few freaks that make 400-420 but those are rare and typically in cold weather.

going from the stock EVO 8 10.5 turbo on my own car I only picked up about 35awhp on 93 octane and wasn't too impressed. The 9 turbo narrows that gap a little better. I think the green needs better octane for it to really stretch it's legs.
Next time I will spell your name Mell0n so you don't pick it up in a search, haha. Kidding. Thanks for the info.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 09:48 AM
Account Disabled

haha...anytime
Old Dec 2, 2008, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Hey NY owners! I plan on heading home to see my pops when I get back from Iraq. He lives off of Jamaica Ave. Hope to meet some of you while I'm there. Want to take the EVO up (depending on gas prices up there). Maybe march/april time frame so I'll hit you up before I go.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Uptown Manhattan here but I now live in NNJ.....
I see a hand full of Evo's every now & then in around the Dyckman area where prowl the streets......
I see AS 9, GG 9 & a WW 8 but always heading different directions

We had a Very Cold meet in Edgewater, NJ the Thursday b4 Turkey day. We usually meet on Thurs. but we're going to meet indoors during the winter time at Velocity-17, the go-kart place right next door to the Mitsu dealer on rt.17
NYC area Evo's are all welcomed. A bunch of Evo's come from Queens, NY
TSE Tri-State Evo.com
Old Dec 11, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

soooo...i was wondering if anyone was traveling down Francis Lewis Blvd. last night around bayside/whitestone........and happened to notice a Silver Evo in an accident with a nissan pathfinder.....

that Evo happened to be me sadly T_T...the accident was mostly on my fault as i wasnt paying attention cuz i was turning defroster and defogger on after i closed my windows when i started to rain hard...i look up coming around a bend, didnt see the red light till it was too late....i swerved to the left to save the front of my car and engine from being totalled........

saw two Evos pass by...one black with UK badge and i think the Voltex body kit...and another silver evo....

will post up pics if requested....i died on the inside looking at the damage
Old Dec 11, 2008, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
soooo...i was wondering if anyone was traveling down Francis Lewis Blvd. last night around bayside/whitestone........and happened to notice a Silver Evo in an accident with a nissan pathfinder.....

that Evo happened to be me sadly T_T...the accident was mostly on my fault as i wasnt paying attention cuz i was turning defroster and defogger on after i closed my windows when i started to rain hard...i look up coming around a bend, didnt see the red light till it was too late....i swerved to the left to save the front of my car and engine from being totalled........

saw two Evos pass by...one black with UK badge and i think the Voltex body kit...and another silver evo....

will post up pics if requested....i died on the inside looking at the damage
sorry to hear about your accident....

keep you eyes on the road, especially on unfamiliar ones!!!
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
sorry to hear about your accident....

keep you eyes on the road, especially on unfamiliar ones!!!
yea i hardly go to bayside/whitestone using the franny lou......only up to northern is the farthest ive gone...the accident actually happened a few blocks up from northern....it was under some LIRR bridge

its ok though...she'll be back on the road in 2 weeks hopefully by xmas lol.....gonna use the beater sentra for now =P
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea i hardly go to bayside/whitestone using the franny lou......only up to northern is the farthest ive gone...the accident actually happened a few blocks up from northern....it was under some LIRR bridge

its ok though...she'll be back on the road in 2 weeks hopefully by xmas lol.....gonna use the beater sentra for now =P
Yeah I know that bridge you are talking about.... gotta pay attention to the turns and assume something unexpected to come out. Once you become more famililiar with the road, then go faster , but proceed with caution

hope your car gets fixed soon
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

yea...body shop is called Pro Bodies...my dad told me they are good..and they even told me they'd start the day before the insurance adjuster comes to look at the car...start as in ordering and looking at stuff lol...so it should be a couple of weeks...they said they gonna be fast with it cuz its gonna be xmas lol
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:56 PM

dude i used to live 2 blocks from there.. u just barely passed 130 park and u crashed there? sucks just body damage im assuming?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

bunch of us meet at top level performance in farmingdale every friday night or best buy on thursday in westbury

Quick Reply: Any queens, nyc Evos out there?