Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Auto Max used car Dealership *BEWARE* Massachusetts area

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2009, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Max used car Dealership *BEWARE* Massachusetts area

Hello all, this is my first post here and I hope it will be something that can save all of you a trip to this dealership. The website is www.onlynicecars.com and they are complete scammers from beginning to end. I found a 2006 Evo MR in white on their site so I decided to check it out, first off they listed the car for $20,999 at 34,000 miles so I get there and take a look at the car. My friends who own Evo's and also mechanics took a look at the car. So without putting it up in the air they saw:

-it was NOT an MR
-it had no cruise control as advertised in the ad (even though I know they do not come with CC)
-it had no leather seats
-it had no MR wheels
-HKS bov installed the wrong way (non reciruiltory)
-lower spash shields missing
-manual boost controler gauge....zip tied to the radiator
-mysterious wires that leads to no where in the engine bay
-Exedy stickers all under the hood (one can only guess the owner may have changed the clutch)
-active differential all F'd up. The buttons where you choose "tarmac, gravel, snow" were all lit up and could not be turned off
-JDM style Honda shift knob
-one gauge missing inside the gauge cluster (I forgot to ask them which one)
-Front end repainted
-engine knock and other noises indicating the car saying "end my torture please, bring me to the junk yard"

Funny thing is I got in the car and I gave it a few rev's, up to about 5-5500 rpms and the salesmen yelled at me saying "HEY!" and gave me an evil look...I thought cars built to rev that high or higher was safe to rev that high. I didn't tack the thing for 2 mins. I later was given the excuse "we don't want you to beat the crap out of the car before you buy it" and I thought "well if i was beating the crap out of it you'd be pissing in your pants in the passenger seat begging for mercy"

So the salesman takes me in and sits me down. First he undermines my ability as a Toyota tech and as a person who has infinite sources for pricing cars through sales then my friends comes in and tells him the active diff is broken along with other things. That totally went over his head like he never heard it. The worst part is he goes "we are a no haggle dealership and this car is going for $23,000" I told him you advertised for 20,999 online and now your telling me its selling for 2 grand more on top of everything being broken? he tells me it is what it is and we wont sell it for less. at that point I thanked him for his time and left. Funny thing is he gave me his card and said "give me a call if you change your mind" get the F outta here, I wouldn't buy a busted Evo from you even if you lowered the price to $15,000 So bottom line is this dealership are thieves and misleading, do NOT waste a second with these guys because nothing good comes out of them.

Dealership info:
http://www.automaxpreowned.com/
1199 Worcester Rd,
Framingham MA 01701
salesman name: Randy

I hope those in the MA area takes note of this dealership and steers clear from those thieves

Last edited by Wholemilk; Feb 23, 2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

there are several of these places around, including one in Marlboro. Maybe I will go into this one just to mess with them. Pull up in my MR and tell them I'm looking for one for a friend. See how stupid they think I am.

I honestly don't understand how Automax is still in business. They sell broken/flooded/rebuilt cars to morons. It's pretty sad.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

hey wassup kev...yeah that car was all messed up...i feel bad for that car
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:21 PM

I know what your saying DocCola, there must be some real suckers out there to give these guys money.

sup B, I feel bad for the car too. No worries the dealership we went to after will hook me up, I know it.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:33 PM

Sup Kev yah I feel bad for that evo too and its white. who ever own it was an jackass and didn't know anything.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:38 PM

I don't know about them being thieves or selling bad cars, but I do know that they do not let you test drive cars and will not budge on the price. It is their policy, end of story. Which is fine to me, because if you don't like it, then walk out like you did. As far as listing it as an MR, that could be a mistake with them not knowing anything about Evo's. If it was an MR, then it would have leather seats, so that makes sense. I don't see CC listed anywhere, but obviously that is not an option on an Evo. Are you just saying it isn't an MR because it did not have BBS wheels, or because it it was actually a 5-sp GSR? Anyways, point is, I don't think you should be telling people not to go there. Warning is one thing. Anyways, if they did sell it for $21k, that would not be too bad at all for a IX (the ACD would be fixed by the dealer under warranty). But not 23K and with the car being modded.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ha something like that happened to a friend and I. To sum up the story we went to a dealer to test drive this mazda speed protege. This was a few years ago. My friend drove it and everytime he would step on it it would pull really hard to the right. Asked the guy what's wrong with. He said it was probably the way my friend was driving..... That it was in "mint condition"....

So we get back to the dealership and whip out the carfax we had on it. Apparently the car was rolled over several times. And when he read that report. Wow funniest thing ever to see the look on that guys face and hear him studder lol
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:55 PM

it was a 5spd gsr and they listed it as a 6spd jacked up the price when i got there, if thats not being a thief and taking advantage of people then i dont know what is. as for selling bad cars yea they do sell those, especially this evo, take one look and you would agree, but i wouldnt want you to waste your time. they changed up the pricing but i have a print out in my hand that clearly states 20,999 if your going to advertise it for that price then shouldn't you sell it for that price?

Aside from my own bad experience i've read other reivews and people dealing with this dealerships. so this is obviously not the first time they tried pulling this stunt on customers.

If anyone doubts me heres the print out I have with me BEFORE they made changes to the current ad on cars.com

and the current ad

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

(22,995) STILL a 6spd

Last edited by Wholemilk; Feb 23, 2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Wholemilk
it was a 5spd gsr and they listed it as a 6spd jacked up the price when i got there, if thats not being a thief and taking advantage of people then i dont know what is. as for selling bad cars yea they do sell those, especially this evo, take one look and you would agree, but i wouldnt want you to waste your time. they changed up the pricing but i have a print out in my hand that clearly states 20,999 if your going to advertise it for that price then shouldn't you sell it for that price?

Aside from my own bad experience i've read other reivews and people dealing with this dealerships. so this is obviously not the first time they tried pulling this stunt on customers.
Actually they are still listing it at 20,999. So that is definitely messed up. As far as the MR thing, like I said I have seen plenty of dealers do the same, either by mistake or on purpose. I will not buy a car from them either, so don't get me wrong. I am right down the street from the Marlborough one as well, but I have not bought a car from them so I can't say much bad about them.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:11 PM

I saw so many pretty 350z over there and I am so sad that it had to be this dealership that houses all of them.

I wouldn't buy water from them if i was dehydrating.

Last edited by Wholemilk; Feb 23, 2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

yah that car was junk...it was GSR and the sales guy jacked up the price an extra 2k right as we walked in the door...after i told him there was a bunch of issues with the car and that it was advertised for 20,999

Last edited by DreamsOfEvo; Feb 23, 2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Wholemilk
If anyone doubts me heres the print out I have with me BEFORE they made changes to the current ad on cars.com

and the current ad

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

(22,995) STILL a 6spd
And yet here is their own ad on their website with the cheaper price. Very odd...
Old Feb 23, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
According to the carfax on the website, that car was repo'ed. I wouldn't even consider buying that thing if its in the condition you say it's in. Who knows what else could be wrong with it.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 03:26 AM

it was huh? I didn't have time to run the carfax because I wasn't at work yesterday but at least I had some people with me who knew more about evos and at least I wasn't some teen who is hopped up on fast and the furious movies
Old Feb 24, 2009, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
yup: http://www.carfax.com/cfm/ccc_Displa...AH86C86U042638 and they finally changed the price on the website as well.

Quick Reply: Auto Max used car Dealership *BEWARE* Massachusetts area