Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Be a part of Rally New York USA 2009 (Apr 3 Fri - Apr 4 Sat)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2009, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be a part of Rally New York USA 2009 (Apr 3 Fri - Apr 4 Sat)

For those of you that still haven't heard of RNY, check these videos out
NOTE:
Ken Block will be showing up in his Subaru of America/Monster Energy/DC STI

H.A.R. will be debuting their Evo X (and the only X in the rally)

Pictures fromWhat:
This year's Rally HQ will be at the Honor's Haven Resort in Ellenville. Rally New York USA is the first round of the 2009 United States Rally Championship - USRC - (www.usrallychampionship.com). The National event consists of 100 miles of special stages. The total length of the two-day event is 413 miles. The rally takes place in southern Catskill Mountains of New York ninety miles northwest of New York City.
  • Day 1 - Friday is the same as last April.
  • Day 2 - Saturday consists of entirely new tarmac stages.
The rally will be conducted according to the international FIA regulations.

How to get involved:
Please email the program director Kym Garcia at kym.garcia@gmail.com ASAP. The volunteer spots are filling up and they will need to know early enough to sign you up for a special stage team. Please give Kym your Full Name, email address (that you check daily), a cellphone number where she can reach you to confirm, and when you are planning on arriving/leaving.

When should we arrive:
Ideally we want volunteers to arrive Thursday early afternoon.

What if I cannot make it on Thursday?
If you have work or other obligations and cannot make it on Thursday night for the Marshal's briefing, you are suggested to the following
  • Arrive Friday before 8AM and register at the Rally HQ. They will send you off to an assignment there for the afternoon.
  • Arrive Friday before 10PM and register at the Rally HQ. They will send you off to an assignment there for Saturday.
  • Arriving Saturday is not recommended, but if that's all you can do please Kym know and she will make sure you are assigned personally.

Where the heck is this Rally HQ in Ellenville, NY?:
About 2 hours North West of NYC
About 2.5 hours West of Hartford, CT
About 1.8 hours South of Albany, NY
Check this google map link
Ya N00B!

Checking out Cars before Event:
If you want to check out all of the rally cars closely and get a chance to meet the drivers, you can do so by arriving as early as Wednesday 8AM, April 1st, when Early registration starts. Throughout Thursday, most of the competitors should have already arrived, and will be going through tech at the Honor’s Haven Resort. Don't miss them! It will be a great opportunity to take pictures and get buddy buddy with the drivers.

Reference:
Rally New York USA 2009

General Information
What you will be doing:
As marshals, you will be trained to help the Stage Commanders of the course. This may involve keeping score at the launching start point, chicanes, or flying finish. If you have enough confidence, you may be put in place to maintain order at spectator areas too. Your number one goals is to maintain safety on course at all times, and second of all have all the fun you want!

How about lodging and food:
Please contact Kym Garcia to get information on where to reserve lodging. We usually get special rates being part of the RNY program. Typically if you room with 3 other people (4 total per room), it will bring the price down to around $25 a night. Note: we all know that the resorts in the area are old and makes a good location for a RED-RUM remake, so just consider it a place to stay and nothing more.

What to bring:
You may want to bring some water, snacks, rain gear, sun glasses, bug spray, hat, extra socks, durable shoes; basically anything you would bring to a hike. The weather is unpredictable and may change at any moment. The special stages may also last over two hour, so bring things you can munch on.

You can PM if you want!

`Gus
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:22 PM

so anybody thinking of going to RNY this year?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

I'll be there for saturday, and my dad will be working a service for a subie....but isnt tanner driving a X as well now?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:28 PM

If he is, he hasn't registered yet.

Unseeded Entry List
RNY USA 2009
Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:23 AM

Paul we should hookup for this.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

chris, I'll call you, i'm not sure if i'm going friday and saturday or just saturday, I'll give you a ring sometime this weekend, as I was gonna call you guys anyways to see if you wanted to go

EDIT: yea, you're right, just saw the entry list....he is driving a X this year, but I thought I heard somewhere he'd be here, oh well, all the more reason Evos need to show up to represent, all the rallies turn in to subie fests!

Last edited by MyEvoDream; Mar 13, 2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 04:47 PM

unfortunately at any rally scene, East or West Coast, there's always a bigger subaru crowd (competitor AND spectators included). They usually take up all the good spectator parking spaces first.

Just think, the Impreza community is 2x as large on the internet and many times greater in numbers of automobiles sold.

Regardless, you're right we need more Evo's to rep' in the rally scene.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 04:48 PM

forgot to mention that volunteers get the best hotel rates. Just PM me and I can get you more information.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 06:13 PM

yo

that's some nice stuff you got there, hey i am new here and i live in pa... iu have no idea how to work with this site, trying to fined some pople in my area so how can i do that?? any advise will be appreciated
Old Mar 13, 2009, 09:30 PM

you can find people in you area by attending this event together?

if you have a specific question regarding this event, let me know.

FYI, rooms are $100 at the rally HQ, and if you guys are short on cash you can fit 4 people in those rooms.

If you want to go somewhere cheaper, Day's Inn is $70-80 and you may squeeze 4 people in those rooms too.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i know couple guys who will come. but they are not evom members. Or if they are, i dont know they screen name here +they dont post a lot.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

I'm already signed up Gus. Is team Gus gonna be in effect?
Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:03 PM

haha, no Team Gus this year man. Gus is in SoCal.

I hope to make a return to RNY, but I can't promise a date. Meanwhile I'll just keep updating people with RNY info.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:13 AM

reminder the event is only a few weeks away!

Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:22 PM

just a reminder that RNY is this weekend. Please go out and support it if you're in the area.

Quick Reply: Be a part of Rally New York USA 2009 (Apr 3 Fri - Apr 4 Sat)