Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Area Motorsport Events

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2009, 10:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GT3 RS Scruffy
You may want to see if the event is sold out before changing plans. They usually cap around 50 and they are up well over that now. Just send a message to the event chair, Ed.
It would be good for them to get instruction from another Evo driver instead of from a Porsche driver. After all, y'all got your motors in the wrong place.
"Scruffy, WHERE IS YOUR MOTOR!?!?!"

Smike - i know there are at least 4 evos signed up currently. There may also be one more but i dont think he is on the forums much.

Last edited by MR Turco; May 12, 2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old May 12, 2009, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
You may want to see if the event is sold out before changing plans. They usually cap around 50 and they are up well over that now. Just send a message to the event chair, Ed.
It would be good for them to get instruction from another Evo driver instead of from a Porsche driver. After all, y'all got your motors in the wrong place.
Emailed Ed.

My Evo is in OH right now. So I wont have a car to run myself, which is OK. I can help just as much borrowing a car and/or sitting in.
Old May 14, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I spoke to a Steve with the BMWCCA. They pretty much said their instructors will be all that you need. Odd, BMWs handle nothing like Evos. But they will call me if they want me to come. And if I came, I would only be able to ride along.
Old May 14, 2009, 09:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Well, I spoke to a Steve with the BMWCCA. They pretty much said their instructors will be all that you need. Odd, BMWs handle nothing like Evos. But they will call me if they want me to come. And if I came, I would only be able to ride along.
sigh...
Old May 14, 2009, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you ride along and instruct us? Maybe we can compensate you in some way (no man-love).
Old May 14, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

I'll check my schedule and post back here.
Old May 14, 2009, 04:18 PM

I doubt that they will be checking to see if you are giving instruction. Will they be looking to see if your lips move when riding along? That club allows ride alongs by just about anybody, even 8 year old kids.
Old May 14, 2009, 05:18 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I doubt that they will be checking to see if you are giving instruction. Will they be looking to see if your lips move when riding along? That club allows ride alongs by just about anybody, even 8 year old kids.
The advantage that Smike wanted from instructing was that he could drive our cars.

I find it pretty disappointing that they wont let him instruct. We have a decent amount of evos, all novice and all wanting to learn. I understand others could help us but Smike has a very respectable resume with autocross and i would really prefer having someone who knows the evo since he can help us with driving and mechanical configuration. No offense to the organizers but i don't understand why they would deny him given the situation?

Last edited by MR Turco; May 14, 2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old May 15, 2009, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
The advantage that Smike wanted from instructing was that he could drive our cars.

I find it pretty disappointing that they wont let him instruct. We have a decent amount of evos, all novice and all wanting to learn. I understand others could help us but Smike has a very respectable resume with autocross and i would really prefer having someone who knows the evo since he can help us with driving and mechanical configuration. No offense to the organizers but i don't understand why they would deny him given the situation?
The week before I will be running with the BMWCCA and I will ask if Mike Condict will be instructing at the event. I have no idea how this event will be run. Last year Jmac showed up to help Susan and when we were working he took a few instructor runs in a few cars. Really no idea what will be going on with Steve running it.
Old May 15, 2009, 02:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The week before I will be running with the BMWCCA and I will ask if Mike Condict will be instructing at the event. I have no idea how this event will be run. Last year Jmac showed up to help Susan and when we were working he took a few instructor runs in a few cars. Really no idea what will be going on with Steve running it.
Thanks scruff. We met mike at one of the Test and Tunes, he is pretty amazing with his evo.
Old May 17, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think I can make this event - sorry guys. It would be unfair to my friend. I have not seen him in years.
Old May 21, 2009, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

is anyone going to the Novice track day at NHMS in June (boston bmwcca)? I am probably going to sign up for either that day or the July one
Old May 21, 2009, 07:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
is anyone going to the Novice track day at NHMS in June (boston bmwcca)? I am probably going to sign up for either that day or the July one
post up a link and i will add it to the thread. I have promised myself i wont road race the evo until it is paid off, so next year most likely.
Old May 21, 2009, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=421
Old May 26, 2009, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

^^I would defiantly do that. Too bad I won't be 18 for a few more months.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Area Motorsport Events